Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Invisible Parking Space

by HugeLunatic Posted 27th Feb 2011 at 10:59 AM - Updated 10th Jan 2013 at 5:17 PM by HugeLunatic

71 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 1:11 PM
Thank you! Finaly someone made this mod :D
Inventor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 1:45 PM
Thank you! I like having it this way, too!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 2:59 PM
This is fantastic! It will definitely come in handy. Thank you so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 3:23 PM
Awesome!
Retired
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 3:26 PM
Awesome and thank you very much. This really is how the thing should have been by design!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 3:26 PM
If I wasn't already using AwesomeMod then I would 100% be downloading this.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 3:43 PM
I didn't realize AM had this option as I don't use it. Thanks for the heads up Menaceman.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 4:27 PM
this is exactly the sort of thing i wanted. the other one was too.. involved for my tastes. thank you!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#10 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 4:59 PM
Ok, congrats that you got your first script mod released. But if you had asked me, I could've told you how you could do it without overriding resources and without the need to rebuy the parking spaces. I still could if you're interested.

PS: There are very good reasons why I don't simply make EAxian objects invisible with my scripts.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 9:25 PM
Thank you so much.I hoped someone would do it and will enjoy it deeply.You have spoiled us.

Buzzler,of course your mods are super,but the way you create them makes objects invisible only in live mode.I am among people who want their invisible objects invisible in buy/build mode too.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 10:03 PM
Mehrlicht: The only way to make objects invisible in build/buymode is to use my scripts, i.e. objects that use them. And my postscriptum wasn't meant as an offense to Lunie. The purpose of the scripts was always to have specific objects that turn invisible, not to make all objects of a kind invisible.
Scholar
#13 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 12:11 AM
So sorry,my dear Buzzler ..... I know that your post was not offensive (to anybody !).... My poor English is so limited that I am unable to express myself clearly enough....

Besides I just had a good laugh with the idea of HugeLunatic needing me to protect him !!!

P.S. I am still used to "classical" Omsps or to single objects,like this one,made invisible with a mod.

Have a very nice week !
Theorist
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 1:24 AM
I didn't know there was an invisible driveway until I saw this!! Thanks so much Lunie!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 1:42 AM
Yayness, thanks so much for this. (Fugly arse driveway thingie.)
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 12:57 PM
It crashed my game *super sad face*
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 2:09 PM
* Try this in your game with no other cc, be sure to delete your crashes before testing. This will make sure it's not conflicting with anything else.
*Please post your game versions.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 3:41 PM
Lunie, what are you coming up with next, I can hardly wait! Love what you have been doing lately and thank you creating this too!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mehrlicht
Thank you so much.I hoped someone would do it and will enjoy it deeply.You have spoiled us.

Buzzler,of course your mods are super,but the way you create them makes objects invisible only in live mode.I am among people who want their invisible objects invisible in buy/build mode too.

You are aware that this mod does not make it invisible in build/buy but only in live mode? It just does it automatically when you switch over instead of having to click something...so if you are wanting invisible objects in buy/build...well this does not do that.
Space Pony
#20 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 12:05 AM
Okay...so when I used it for the first time I noticed the cars didnt snap to it. I didn't really worry about it because it's happened before to me, but when i went into live mode, the car disappeared, and the space stayed. When I hovered my mouse over it it said "HugeLunatic.ParkingSpaceInvisible" Or something... Just thought I'd let you know...and I am a Mac user, so I don't know if that is the cause or not. My other mods work though, like your Buyable trash chute and buydebug apartment mailbox.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 1:33 AM
It sounds like you have your cc in your program files location rather than the documents. Move your cc to the documents since mods either don't work or work with unexpected results when in program files.
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
* Try this in your game with no other cc, be sure to delete your crashes before testing. This will make sure it's not conflicting with anything else.
*Please post your game versions.

I have Late Night and Loft Stuff
It crashes only when I click on it...
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 3:13 PM
I can't troubleshoot what the issue may be if your vague. What happens when you try with no other cc? Also make sure your cc is in the documents location as it shows in the installation direction. And you didn't list your game versions.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 6:20 PM
Thank you for this. i like it alot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 6:42 AM
I love this~ thanks ^^
Page 1 of 3