Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

BV Axe Throwing Skills & Fitness Patch

by Sophie-David Posted 2nd Mar 2011 at 2:03 AM - Updated 4th Jun 2013 at 10:10 PM by Sophie-David

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 2:52 AM
Very handy for iron age hoods, thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 3:10 AM
Wow, thanks, Sophie-David! This is awesome. It's almost like having a real archery-type ... thing!

Sorry, it's almost bedtime, brain is shutting down.

However, I do have a question. Would this download conflict with Paladin's Crate of Throwing Axes (Sims 2/Objects/Other Objects/Crate of Throwing Axes)? Or is it likely to have no effect on that object? I only ask because I'm sure I'm not the only medieval(ish) Simmer to use that crate for *ahem* totally innocent and completely justified purposes.

Thanks again!
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 5:15 AM
You're welcome, Cat and morgaine.
Quote: Originally posted by morgaine2005
However, I do have a question. Would this download conflict with Paladin's Crate of Throwing Axes (Sims 2/Objects/Other Objects/Crate of Throwing Axes)? Or is it likely to have no effect on that object? I only ask because I'm sure I'm not the only medieval(ish) Simmer to use that crate for *ahem* totally innocent and completely justified purposes.
I have checked out Paladin's project with SimPE and it does not in any way alter or affect the EA Axe Throwing object. Paladin's Throwing Axes use the EA axe animations, sounds and axe accessory, but not the "Axe-olutely Throwing Station" itself. Therefore there can be no conflict with this patch.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 6:33 AM
Excellent idea! Thanks so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 6:37 AM
This is awesome! Thank you so so so much, Sophie-David. I, too, bemoan the lack of period exercise equipment.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 11:49 AM
This is wonderful! Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 1:06 PM
I think I love you! LOL Seriously, this is something that will make playing my medieval neighborhood so much more fun! I won't have to make my Sims jump rope or find ways to hide the modern exercise equipment anymore. YAY!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 11:23 PM
Perfect! Thanks again, Sophie-David!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 1:06 AM
Thank you for the encouragement everyone.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 2:18 AM
You ARE a god! This is brilliant. Thanks for making this!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Mar 2011 at 7:46 PM
You are most welcome.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 5:58 PM
Thanks, Dave! That's a smart thing... Axe-throwing isn't really an easy sport, so anyone dabbling in it should *definitely* gain something from it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 15th May 2011 at 11:19 PM
One of the best 1.6 kbs to come on my computer for quite a while. :D
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th May 2011 at 9:22 PM
Thank you for the encouragement, BoilingOil and Kazzandra.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 31st May 2011 at 1:59 PM
thanks, this is awesome
Theorist
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 5:37 AM
International Version, Released June 23, 2011
International Version, Released June 23, 2011

This option supports all Sims 2 languages, is 2.2 kB in size, and is downloaded in sdAxeThrowingSkills_International_BV.zip. The filename of the patch itself is identical to the original English language version, so you may easily switch from one to the other simply by overwriting the file.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 1:13 PM
Great mod. Thank you.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 7:15 PM
You're welcome AyameS, glad you like it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 5:07 PM
That was really needed as axe throwing is quite hard indeed... tried it on several medieval festivals (they appear at least once a year around where I live ;-)

Thanks bunches!! :-)
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 9:07 PM
I've never tried axe throwing, but I've certainly had a workout just chopping wood with an axe!

You're welcome makebaer. You might find the Log Rolling Skills & Fitness Patch useful also.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 10:46 PM
I just got BV this year, and was surprised and disappointed when I discovered that you couldn't get any skills or hobby points through axe-throwing. That just doesn't make sense to me. Things are better in my Sims universe now. Thank you!
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I just got BV this year, and was surprised and disappointed when I discovered that you couldn't get any skills or hobby points through axe-throwing. That just doesn't make sense to me. Things are better in my Sims universe now. Thank you!
You're welcome, gazania.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 9:55 AM
a big thanks!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#25 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 6:31 PM
You're welcome!
Page 1 of 2