Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lemonsea Cottage - No CC

by Saturnfly Posted 25th Mar 2011 at 2:40 PM

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 7:23 PM
This is so cute but yea wow eccentric to the max. Don't think I've ever seen plants thrown up on a roof like that before so A+ for originality lol.

Can totally see a little old lady with 10 cats living in that house and yelling "get off my lawn".
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 8:33 PM
Lol... this is totally crazy.. but still really cool :"D Good job!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 8:38 PM
Cute house, looks fab in game x
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 10:31 PM
This is lovely! The plants add to the touch of the charm

May I ask what EP/SP the wooden patio/roofing infront of the entrance is from? I have all EPs and some SPs but I dont I've ever seen that before :/
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lazzybum
This is lovely! The plants add to the touch of the charm

May I ask what EP/SP the wooden patio/roofing infront of the entrance is from? I have all EPs and some SPs but I dont I've ever seen that before :/

It's that thick wooden post, and those... How can I explain it lol, well it's in buy mode under decorative, looks kind of like a beam or something. I have no idea what it's initially used for lol.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 3:45 AM
You did a great job! Thank you.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 5:20 PM
Ha Ha! Thank you for a humorous and whimsical house! I actually see one like this on my nightly walk through Sun City, AZ!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 3:32 PM
Not wishing to offend you, but put Maxis plants and trees + vases (lol) on the roof, I can't find that especially decorative.

I also like to put plants everywhere, even on roof edges (but with a floor tile added around) but I'd choose better ones : custom plants.

Sad that the garden and outside area hasn't got more plants and trees. Again, not wishing to offend but you know a little CC sometimes can do the trick perfectly well for plant decoration and using moveObjects on + boolprop snapObjectsToGrid false to have a plants clutter so to say.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 7:33 PM
I just had to comment on this house, I actually disagree with Liza495 on this one solely because I'm fascinated that it literally has no plant CC! It amazes what Maxis actually offers us and the fact how you decorated this place, I think it looks friggin' awesome! It makes me wish I wasn't such a CC junkie, lol!

The beams from AL look fantastic too how you placed them. Wicked house Saturn!
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 12:06 AM
Thanks guys. xD I was in kind of a depressed state when I made this house, so overboard I went with the flowers to make myself feel better. Oh the wonders of The Sims.

@ Liza - I'm not really into a lot of CC as it laggs up my game (hence why most of my homes are single bedrooms and on 2x2 lots lol). Thanks for the feedback, though, maybe I'll go all out with the CC one day xD.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Saturnfly
Thanks guys. xD I was in kind of a depressed state when I made this house, so overboard I went with the flowers to make myself feel better. Oh the wonders of The Sims.

@ Liza - I'm not really into a lot of CC as it laggs up my game (hence why most of my homes are single bedrooms and on 2x2 lots lol). Thanks for the feedback, though, maybe I'll go all out with the CC one day xD.

Most of time I do always first build my houses with the Downloads folder temporarily removed and then I choose the CC stuff I need. Many times, I like to have lots of various plants inside and outside on a lot (more than objects clutters or furniture sets with over 20 meshes, etc.). So basically, I had to learn again to use Maxis furniture because I had myself too many crashes with residential lots that have over 2,000 packages. What matters, after all, is to have a house that is fully playable in the game.

By the way, I like your other house that is A shaped
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza495
Most of time I do always first build my houses with the Downloads folder temporarily removed and then I choose the CC stuff I need. Many times, I like to have lots of various plants inside and outside on a lot (more than objects clutters or furniture sets with over 20 meshes, etc.). So basically, I had to learn again to use Maxis furniture because I had myself too many crashes with residential lots that have over 2,000 packages. What matters, after all, is to have a house that is fully playable in the game.

By the way, I like your other house that is A shaped

That's a good idea, thanks. ^^
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 12:29 PM Last edited by Liza495 : 29th Mar 2011 at 12:42 PM.
I sent you a PM from here with a makeover of a Sims2Luxe (France, closed site) Halliwell Manor from 2005 and it's a rare item (the original). So I made this makeover and from the photos you'll see I added a lot of plants and trees, even CC and you can compare with original almost bare residential lot from Sims2Luxe (photo I added too to my PM)

I hope it can inspire you because CC plants, trees can be truly beautiful. But some of them got a master mesh that you'd need to add in an extra folder for people to have the whole set (master + slave meshes) to show up. If not sure of TOUs for some of such with Master mesh, just don't add them as CC.

Also be warned : if it's a Maxis recolour for a plant and anything Object recolour (Build, Buy), such recolours are never added for Sims2Pack lots. It's visibly a EA Games restriction somewhere for one EP. Also from both Sims2Pack CI and DDO you will not know which custom plant or tree is for Build or Buy modes. This is a hassle for me now and that's why I grab again (if lucky) the original plants/trees as deco or Build mode in a Favourites CC folder. As I do now always start building a house without CC (for the first steps).

But hey I know it's complicated from me testing CC since 2005. But useful tips if I can provide them to manage CC, get rid of "junk packages" and unwished CC overwrting Maxis, I can help.

For now I'm busy with my mom suffering of the Alzheimer disease. I had a blog project but I need to post pone, because pyschologically I can't keep up with all and I need to sort priorities.

Again keep up the great work on lots without CC. Truly without CC it's where we need to start from. But it's not a harm to add some CC, as long as it's kept in proportions for custom things (meshes, recolours) that yourself know well, tested and used ingame.

Hugs
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th May 2011 at 2:06 AM
I was thinking "old woman with cats" before I even read the description. When I saw you said the same thing, it made me smile. This house definitely has a personality.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 21st May 2017 at 8:33 PM
Thank you