Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 19th May 2011 at 10:29 AM
This Blue-Eyed Bug has been squashed flat with this mod: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=5205.0

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 19th May 2011 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
This Blue-Eyed Bug has been squashed flat with this mod: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=5205.0

Great work !! No more blue eyes in my game, thus no more editing in cas required...and thus no more relationship resets
Speaking of that, do you have an idea, why editing in CAS resets relationships with certain npcs ?
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 20th May 2011 at 8:41 AM
Thanks so much for the blue-eye fix Shimrod! I hadn't had it popping up quite as often recently, but often enough to still be annoying. I'm so glad someone figured out a way to fix it!
Field Researcher
#54 Old 20th May 2011 at 9:41 PM
8DD Now I can play the game again! Yay!
Field Researcher
#55 Old 22nd May 2011 at 10:15 PM
I hate to double-post but this needs bumping: the mod suddenly stopped working. I go back in the create-a-sim screen and the dreaded "stuck on blue eyes" has returned. I had created several sims before and had no problems, and even went in the Plan Outfit screen with one of my heroes. It didn't start until I went to plan an outfit for another sim while controlling someone else.

EDIT as of 5 minutes later: So resetting the game seems to fix the problem, as long as any sims created during the bug aren't saved. Still, it's a little unsettling it bypassed the mod.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 25th May 2011 at 9:22 AM
I've seen one time now recently where the eyes on the Hero I've been playing reverted back to a blue color; when I started the save game his eyes were blue instead of green. He didn't have the large blue bug-iris though, just the default blue color on the normal iris. Taking him into CaS, I could change eye color normally on him. I haven't seen this on any other sim, but it might of course have happened on an inactive without my noticing it, as I don't check the eyes on every single sim every playing session anymore.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#57 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 10:08 AM
Not to rez an old thread, but I just started playing for the first time and this bug has struck. It happened on the 4th hero I created while in the initial CAS. However, not only eyes were affected, but eyeshadow as well. Each color would be retained, but would pretend not to be after something that reset appearance (saving the sim, changing clothes). By retained I mean the appearance would change, but if I went in to the color wheel, it would still claim to be in the right place for my customs - shifting it a shade would swap it back to the custom (for both eyes and eyeshadow).

I should have gone back to my last save then and there, but wasn't aware fully of the issue at the time. Instead I started messing with mods thinking them the culprit and advanced through a quest. Somewhere amidst the saving and exiting, the blue eye plague was caught - the original colors, however, are unapparent in CAS now, unlike when it initially struck. It affects eyes and eyeshadow for everyone afflicted (eyeshadow where used of course).

Just now I removed it from my monarch (with debug cas) to restore original color schemes, but it came back as soon as I went through some outfit planning. So... that's that. Ironically I had Shimrod's fix installed before the bug ever appeared, or maybe right before it appeared, so I initially thought that was the culprit actually. Since this thread is old (and every source I can find on it is old), I wonder if PnN/2.0.13 fixed it for most people? ...in which case Shimrod's does maybe have something old in it? Or is it still an issue for everyone?
Scholar
#58 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by trihell
Since this thread is old (and every source I can find on it is old), I wonder if PnN/2.0.13 fixed it for most people? ...in which case Shimrod's does maybe have something old in it? Or is it still an issue for everyone?

Shimrods mod never fixed the bug for me through any version of the game. Having it installed or not having it installed has never varied the frequency of it happening, so I doubt it's the mod, and I believe the mod has worked for alot of people or it wouldn't still be available.
The bug happens mostly when you take them into the wardrobe, and occasionally as you exit CAS after having made a new hero.
Mine used to just affect the sim that was being changed in the wardrobe, but patch 2.0 would change the eyes of every hero in the kingdom, P+N seems to have put it back to just the hero who's having their outfit changed being affected.
Like every other sim game around, everyone's game seems to behave differently though, the blue-eyed bug is still an issue for me with P+N.
Treeag's Edit in CAS and GrimReefer's core mod, which also has an edit in cas function, should allow you to revert them back to the color you want, although sometimes it doesn't take. I've found if this happens, saving and restarting the game and editing in CAS again will make the eye color 'stick'.....till the next time it hits
Probably the best way to save yourself from the headaches and fits of sobbing is just to make 5 outfits at the start, edit the eyes with one of the mods if you need to, and then never touch the wardrobe again :D
Scholar
#59 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 11:56 AM
Not to rez an old thread, but I just started playing for the first time and this bug has struck. It happened on the 4th hero I created while in the initial CAS. However, not only eyes were affected, but eyeshadow as well. Each color would be retained, but would pretend not to be after something that reset appearance (saving the sim, changing clothes). By retained I mean the appearance would change, but if I went in to the color wheel, it would still claim to be in the right place for my customs - shifting it a shade would swap it back to the custom (for both eyes and eyeshadow).

I've found the eyeshadow works fine if you remove it first before selecting another color to put on, don't know how consistent this method is though since I don't use the eyeshadow often.
Again Treeag's 'edit in CAS' or Grimreefer's 'core mod' should allow you to re-enter CAS to fix it.
Test Subject
#60 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 8:45 PM
CAS edits are well and good, but if you miss it happening at first, all your NPCs get infected and that's quite a bit of CAS edits to run through. I'm pretty sure atm even the new one-off quest NPCs have it in my current kingdom.

It definitely seems related to using a wardrobe/chest though, especially with dress another sim. The issue was there for the first shaker sim (the first one to experience it), but it didn't spread like wildfire until using a wardrobe.

I'll just finish up this kingdom and try to prevent the blue-eyed plague next ambition.
Scholar
#61 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 8:24 AM
CAS edits are well and good, but if you miss it happening at first, all your NPCs get infected and that's quite a bit of CAS edits to run through. I'm pretty sure atm even the new one-off quest NPCs have it in my current kingdom.

It definitely seems related to using a wardrobe/chest though, especially with dress another sim. The issue was there for the first shaker sim (the first one to experience it), but it didn't spread like wildfire until using a wardrobe.

I'll just finish up this kingdom and try to prevent the blue-eyed plague next ambition.

I never bother too much about the npcs, when 2.0 would change everyone's eyes in the kingdom (even npc's), I was only concerned with the sims that I'd made. So lol yeah you're problem means quite a lot of cas edits, unfortunately I don't think there is another way and I've found not even quitting without saving will stop the bug. The best solution would be for EA to finally fix this. I was really annoyed to see it still existed with the EP.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 12:14 AM
I too have the blue-eyed bug. I had it before pirates and nobels, I have it after P & N. I don't use mods. But I did once used testingcheatsenabled for a couple of stuck sims. I have an NVidia 8600 GPU.

I deleted my caches before P &N install. In game I noticed New townsfolk who had different eye color. But my heros all still had blue-eyed bug. I did give a townie a makeover, her pretty light blue eyes went to dark blue as did All the new townies.

I did have a few custom patterns left in favorites in CAS, and I Did change patterns on the clothing.

If only the glitch could be pinpointed and fixed!

edit: I've tried deleting pre-sets, didn't help, so I put them back, I like my pre-sets.
Test Subject
#63 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 1:04 PM
More info in case anyone can figure out a perma-fix:

When I notice it happening, the normal thing I do now is quit immediately and delete the caches. That seems to remove the problem for that session (sometimes with 1 or 2 cas edits required). It's annoying a bit, but with caches cleared, I can normally go through 1 or 2 whole quests (depending on length) without problems.

However, I also noticed that the first character it struck (it struck in initial CAS there), gets the glitch and passes it to any other active heroes if I start a quest with her. I edited the affected, saved, quit, cache deleted, relaunched, and iirc all was well for the rest of the quest. I didn't test to see if I started another quest with that hero if the glitch would bloom again, but based on that I thought I was rid of it (and more or less was) until I started a quest with her, and that I only recall encountering the problem during or after playing her, I get the feeling something in her file is causing the glitch.

From what I've read, it's usually the 4th hero created that manufactures the problem. Just starting a new kingdom so I'll see in a day or two if hero #4 glitches again and if I can get around it (without accepting a glitched sim in).
Scholar
#64 Old 13th Sep 2011 at 11:35 PM

From what I've read, it's usually the 4th hero created that manufactures the problem. Just starting a new kingdom so I'll see in a day or two if hero #4 glitches again and if I can get around it (without accepting a glitched sim in).

My monarch got it in my last kingdom in a very short space of time, he was the only hero in the kingdom at the time, and unfortunately the first part of the quest was to change at the wardrobe, so within a minute or two of starting a new kingdom the bug had struck.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 12:51 AM Last edited by ripple : 17th Oct 2011 at 10:59 PM.
So...any more word on this? I tried Shimrod's fix but it didn't work. This first happened to me when I saved a preset in the CAS, with my monarch, the only character I had at the time. Now, every time I plan a new outfit, this happens. Deleting the cache files has not helped.
Test Subject
#66 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 8:05 PM
For me, it seems that as long as I never try to edit any other sims besides my heroes, (or their kids) then the bug doesn't strike. I've now been playing my current kingdom for a couple of weeks (in real time) and their eyes are all still good. The bug has struck in my other kingdoms though and I know I edited a bunch of NPCs in those games. That tells me that it has nothing to do with video card or system setup or even mods. The blue-eyed bug struck pretty quickly in my other kingdoms and I know I was editing the guards uniforms, (to make them match better with my castle decor) and several NPCs that I just thought were ugly.

So I've just decided that as long as I stay within my hero bloodlines, I'm good. My heroes are all beautiful....and I'll just have to accept that some of the NPCs are gonna be ugly and I aint touching them!
Test Subject
#67 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 2:36 PM
Default re
Same here, I have shimrod's fix and it doesn't help, blue eyes all over the place. I can't edit them in cas either, they turn right back to blue when I exit it. I also have pirates and nobles. Any fixes out there yet?
Test Subject
#68 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 12:09 AM
This is ridiculous!

2.0 patch and an expansion released and still this gameplay breaking bug from 1.0!! persists.
Test Subject
#69 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 8:23 AM
Yes I am so mad! Why isn't this fixed!
Scholar
#70 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 10:53 PM
Mine seems to be connected to saves.
When it saves changes exiting cas etc, but a couple of times it's appeared when I've saved the game. I wouldn't know how to look into this though.
I suppose a way round it would be something like eye overlays, like you can download for TS2 and TS3. I tried a few TS3 overlays, but the iris was always too big. Now we have a makeup section in TSM, it should be possible to make something the right size and select it from there. I agree it not being fixed is highly annoying though, especially since the problem has existed from the start and one most people complained about, but I don't see EA fixing it now.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 30th May 2012 at 1:45 AM
Necrotic thread resurrection. Is this mod broken since the link is?
Mad Poster
#72 Old 30th May 2012 at 10:17 PM
If it is mine you're asking about, it isn't currently available as my stuff has been moved since then to a different website. I haven't placed this mod there as it hasn't worked for some, and only works somewhat for me after the 2.0 and P&N. I think the current solution for the blue-eyes bug is ChickieTeeta's contact lenses which are found here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=473183

Lab Assistant
#73 Old 31st May 2012 at 11:19 PM
From what I can tell, blue eye bug is caused by changing clothes or hair in CAS and then spread to your heros by taking sims with big pupil blue eyes (hereby referred to as "BPBE") to the dresser, and as other people have long discovered infects the whole town when you make a save on a hero with BPBE. My solution would be (if possible, I know nothing of making mods, just using them) to disable "Hair" and "Clothing" in the various current Edit in CAS mods and reserve doing such things for the dresser since you have to anyway, this just keeps you from ever forgetting. "Basics" and "Looks" seem completely fine. It would also be cool (again, if possible) to put a warning up with and a cancel option/automatic interaction fail when a sim with BPBE is called to the dresser through "plan outfit" or "plan another sim's outfit". I assume its somewhat doable because I also assume the big pupil part of BPBE is just a placeholder texture from some sort of caching failure or callback fail. I could be completely wrong, but this is what I've seen from hundreds of obsessive CAS edits. I don't understand the part where the default eye color presets display the BPBE color thumbnail, but when you apply it to your sim, it shows the original preset colors. Is there some sort of thumbnail cache that needs to be cleared or refreshed?

PS I don't really like contacts. They never seem to be as awesome as replacements or even default ea. I didn't use them in TS2 and TS3 even though I had them installed for special occasions, and the story is the same for my TSM.
Scholar
#74 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by phantomneko
From what I can tell, blue eye bug is caused by changing clothes or hair in CAS and then spread to your heros by taking sims with big pupil blue eyes (hereby referred to as "BPBE") to the dresser, and as other people have long discovered infects the whole town when you make a save on a hero with BPBE. My solution would be (if possible, I know nothing of making mods, just using them) to disable "Hair" and "Clothing" in the various current Edit in CAS mods and reserve doing such things for the dresser since you have to anyway, this just keeps you from ever forgetting. "Basics" and "Looks" seem completely fine. It would also be cool (again, if possible) to put a warning up with and a cancel option/automatic interaction fail when a sim with BPBE is called to the dresser through "plan outfit" or "plan another sim's outfit". I assume its somewhat doable because I also assume the big pupil part of BPBE is just a placeholder texture from some sort of caching failure or callback fail. I could be completely wrong, but this is what I've seen from hundreds of obsessive CAS edits. I don't understand the part where the default eye color presets display the BPBE color thumbnail, but when you apply it to your sim, it shows the original preset colors. Is there some sort of thumbnail cache that needs to be cleared or refreshed?

PS I don't really like contacts. They never seem to be as awesome as replacements or even default ea. I didn't use them in TS2 and TS3 even though I had them installed for special occasions, and the story is the same for my TSM.

Mine only affects the hero that you change. The patch before P&N affected them the way you describe where the whole kingdom would become infected, but P&N put it back to only being the hero that was changed.

A few times I've had the active hero get the bug just by saving the game, regardless of whether they've ever been in CAS or not.

The thumbnails for CAS are stored in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Thumbnails

It's not called cache, it's called package but I had to delete this a while back when I was making some skins and it does generate a new one. Just put the file somewhere else on your hard drive instead of deleting it if you're unsure though.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 1:41 PM Last edited by phantomneko : 4th Jun 2012 at 1:56 PM.
I have P&N. Why is this not true for me? Edit: I seem to have fallen back into bad patching habits.
Page 3 of 4