Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

ladypadme

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Replies: 2241 (Who?), Viewed: 243199 times.
Page 90 of 90
Test Subject
#2226 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 4:01 PM
Thank you, Bubbles! As of two rounds ago, I have officially begun Generation 2. Through much micromanaging, I have lost no one to death or the evil lady of Soshul Werkia. I'm hoping to teach myself to back off now, though, so we'll see what happens. xD;
Test Subject
#2227 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faerie6099
Thank you, Bubbles! As of two rounds ago, I have officially begun Generation 2. Through much micromanaging, I have lost no one to death or the evil lady of Soshul Werkia. I'm hoping to teach myself to back off now, though, so we'll see what happens. xD;
Haha, love that: "Soshul Werkia". And yeah trying to teach myself to not micromanage has so far been the hardest part of the challenge for me as I am a huge control freak when it comes sims. In other challenges I like everything to be absolutely perfect, but of course that starts to get boring. This challenge helps me because I at least know I eventually have to kill some sims off or my population will blow up. Just not yet haha, I'll wait till the Roman era before I go killing anyone off.

My Test of Time challenge updates can be found here.
Test Subject
#2228 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 5:30 AM
I call the Social Worker, the fae, because she steals children and when they are adopted they haven't aged. It's because they have been in the kingdom of the Fae and time works different there.

I do use the triplet and quads hack, but I have lowered the odds to like five percent twins, three percent triplets, and one percent quads.
Test Subject
#2229 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 8:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azombieatemyshoelace
I do use the triplet and quads hack, but I have lowered the odds to like five percent twins, three percent triplets, and one percent quads.
For some reason any time I try to adjust trips/quads or pregnancy odds or anything else using the grocery slider method, it only lets me do even percentages (2%, 4%, etc) otherwise I probably would put quads at 1%, trips at 3, twins at 9.

Field Researcher
#2230 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 11:35 AM
Try sliding it up with the mouse until you reach an odd number and then clicking the down arrow until you get it to the value you want. That's how I set odd values on mine.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Test Subject
#2231 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 4:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsgirl24
Try sliding it up with the mouse until you reach an odd number and then clicking the down arrow until you get it to the value you want. That's how I set odd values on mine.
I'll try that next time I get on (which will be a while; I'm super busy until New Year's).

Also I did try working on my own Test of Time ROS but I haven't really made it to my satisfaction so I'll probably end up scrapping it.

Instructor
#2232 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 5:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0oOBubbles0oO
Also I did try working on my own Test of Time ROS but I haven't really made it to my satisfaction so I'll probably end up scrapping it.

Please don't scrap what you have Even if you're not happy with it, I'd love to see what you've got. I plan to make a ROS file for the challenge in January, and everyone's contributions will be gladly accepted, even if it's only to spark ideas.
Test Subject
#2233 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 6:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha_kathy
Please don't scrap what you have Even if you're not happy with it, I'd love to see what you've got. I plan to make a ROS file for the challenge in January, and everyone's contributions will be gladly accepted, even if it's only to spark ideas.
Okay well currently I am just adapting the ROS files found here for the Neanderthal Era (plus I have another one going for Roman, sort of). And of course, adding a few of my own ideas. The two text files that can be found in the link are really made for Hook's Randomizer but for anybody who doesn't want to use that, they also work reasonably well as stand alone files. You would just have to assign each occurrence a number, and then do a dice roll on random.org or similar.

When I get around to it I may upload my version for people to fiddle with.

Test Subject
#2234 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 8:48 PM
I've glanced at a couple of ROS lists, and I have a question: What does the "d" mean? As in, d4 or d100?
Instructor
#2235 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 9:07 PM
The d stands dor dice. The number stands for the amount of sides. A normal dice has 6 sides, so it would be a d6. For tabletop games, a lot of other dies are used as well. Or you can use a random number generator. In that case, a d100 would mean a number between 1 - 100.
Test Subject
#2236 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 9:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faerie6099
I've glanced at a couple of ROS lists, and I have a question: What does the "d" mean? As in, d4 or d100?
What Samantha said. d100 generates a random number from 1-100. d6 from 1-6, d12 from 1-12 etc. You can search random number generator in google to come up with lots of good sites that will do that for you.

Test Subject
#2237 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 2:52 AM
Oh, okay, thank you both! =D
Test Subject
#2238 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 5:43 PM
Hi, I'm really thinking about trying this but I've got a problem, I suck at building. Do any of you know of any lots that I can download?
Instructor
#2239 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 6:02 PM
Do you want period appropriate buildings?

For the Neanderthal era, there's these possibilities:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=290993
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=290655
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289037

And the Simstone collection here on MTS also has some lots.

For every time period, there's something to find that you can download. No need to build.
Test Subject
#2240 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 7:56 PM
Yes, thank you. Knew I should have looked here for something first.
Test Subject
#2241 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 9:35 PM
Okay, so the Dark Ages description implies that the people who are rich need to lose at least some of their money. Any suggestions for how much I should make them lose? Maybe more for the upper classes and less for the lower ones?
Test Subject
DELETED POST
19th Dec 2014 at 1:21 AM
This message has been deleted by 0oOBubbles0oO.
Test Subject
#2242 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azombieatemyshoelace
Okay, so the Dark Ages description implies that the people who are rich need to lose at least some of their money. Any suggestions for how much I should make them lose? Maybe more for the upper classes and less for the lower ones?

Hmmm, I'd probably do something like take away fifty percent of what they have, or maybe do different percentages for the different classes. Like twenty-five for the Emperor's family, forty for the Patricians, seventy for the Plebeians, and ninety percent for the Slaves? Hard to say, though, since I'm still stuck with my Neanderthals. o_o'

On another note, my ToT Sims had their first death. One of the founders died of old age; he'd aged up badly, so he died before the others. The family is not handling it well; everyone's sobbing between every task, even the granddaughter who just became a child and I didn't think they had a very high relationship yet. And I could've sworn I saw his wife go to sleep in her own bed later that night, but the next time I looked, she had gotten up for some reason and was crawling into bed with her granddaughter. Lonely, I guess? D= Poor things, but they'd better get used to it. I think his wife is about to get a visit from Grimmie too, and I'm still trying to make myself back off from god-moding so more than just old age deaths occur. =/
Page 90 of 90

Section jump