Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 2104 (Who?), Viewed: 231490 times.
Page 85 of 85
Test Subject
#2101 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 5:04 AM
I love the idea of the "illogical penguin". I didn't even know seasons had penguins, am very jealous of simmers with seasons! (My laptop's pretty basic so I only installed uni/NL. Seasons seems like a pretty graphic-intensive one so it's probably for the best that I don't get it, but oh how lovely it looks.)

I might use the sacrificing elders thing for my Egypt subhood, if I end up doing that! I'm estimating at least 30 households by gen three, so it's looking likely.

Congrats on the recessive genes! (Apologies for posting so much, hehe, I'm just so ridiculously enthusiastic about this challenge and everyone I know in real life is sick of hearing about it! xD)
Field Researcher
#2102 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 5:28 AM
Oh don't worry we're all just as crazy about the challenge here.

Wow 30 households? Good luck managing that.

I finally got an update up Link here if anyone is interested: http://justanothertestoftime.wordpr...round-3-wynn-3/

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Lab Assistant
#2103 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 5:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbsgirl24
In my first attempt the penguin from seasons keeps wandering past the houses despite the season being set to summer. My sims called it the illogical penguin and had to feed it fish. (Come to think of it nearly all my games have followed this religion since) After one family couldn't afford the payments and started to die from sickness I decided to kill a sim each time the penguin walked past and was not fed. It also helped to keep earnings from fishing down since they fed the penguin so much. In the ice age when fish stocks were low my sims instead built shrines (snowmen) for the penguin.

It's not too late. Pay attention to the strange little things your sims do, make odd occurrences part of their culture.

This is really good advice. Also! Funnily enough I never knew the penguin ate fish until for the first time ever I happened to have fish on the ground mid-selling and it waltzes along (during summer of course) to snatch it up... I was so busy staring gobsmacked it got a second fish gobbled down before I got a sim to shoo it away XD

Quote:
Today is a monumentous occasion in my game. The recessive genes are finally starting to come through from dark haired couples Yay.

Congratulations! Isn't it the best feeling?! It's so exciting to see long-lost genes reappear. *throws confetti*

Quote:
Originally Posted by palhoncho
Congrats on the recessive genes! (Apologies for posting so much, hehe, I'm just so ridiculously enthusiastic about this challenge and everyone I know in real life is sick of hearing about it! xD)
Is all good! When I start a conversation with "my sims today..." the people in my household eyes glaze over and those just entering the room promptly turn and run - thankfully there are forums like this around!

Quote:
Oh don't worry we're all just as crazy about the challenge here.
Nothing but the truth

taliah~

Tempus Temporis A Test of Time Challenge ~ Fruitopia A Warwickshire Inspired Challenge
Forum Resident
#2104 Old Yesterday at 4:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taliahneth
Is all good! When I start a conversation with "my sims today..." the people in my household eyes glaze over and those just entering the room promptly turn and run - thankfully there are forums like this around!
Thankfully I've got a sister who's just as sim obsessed, so I have someone to talk to. The other sister however couldn't care about MY sims, only her own. Of course she's used to me rambling on about whatever random thing happens to be on my computer screen, so she usually tunes me out... ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Field Researcher
#2105 Old Today at 3:38 AM
Gah... I just realized I lost the pictures for half of this round and so much happened too.

My family has the exact same reaction when I bring up sims as well even though they should be used to it after all these years.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Page 85 of 85

Section jump