Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 2424 (Who?), Viewed: 259009 times.
Page 97 of 97
Test Subject
#2401 Old 6th May 2015 at 12:24 AM
I will be waiting for it.

Yeah, I will. I'll wait till my next free day to set it up.

Check out my ToT neighborhood Tiempo Pasa.
Last updated: May 2015
Test Subject
#2402 Old 6th May 2015 at 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisrouge
I will be waiting for it.

Yeah, I will. I'll wait till my next free day to set it up.

It's up!
Great, I'll be waiting for a link then

Follow my Test of Time Challenge here: Winter Valley
Test Subject
#2403 Old 15th May 2015 at 6:27 PM
Hi, I'm still on the Roman era, but I'm worrying about the Dark Ages already even though I have a ways to go, lol. Anyone make it there yet? I read that you need to kill any sim that gets sick. I'm wondering how this will work as right now every single one of my sims has been sick and they still get sick every day. Anybody figured this one out? Maybe my sims are just sick way too often for some reason, dunno.
Test Subject
#2404 Old 15th May 2015 at 7:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsy515
Hi, I'm still on the Roman era, but I'm worrying about the Dark Ages already even though I have a ways to go, lol. Anyone make it there yet? I read that you need to kill any sim that gets sick. I'm wondering how this will work as right now every single one of my sims has been sick and they still get sick every day. Anybody figured this one out? Maybe my sims are just sick way too often for some reason, dunno.

I'm not in the Dark Ages either, but in the Roman and I have the same issue as you with everyone being sick and getting sick again quickly after recovering. At least it seems so, haha... Anyway, the way I plan to solve this is to try to heal everyone with Grandma's Comfort Soup in the transition to the Dark Ages, and then when everyone (hopefully) is healthy I'm installing Realistic Sickness. That way there is a chance of sims surviving if they take care of themselves, but the odds of dying are still greatly "improved". Of course, I try to make them healthy before installing this so I won't have the complete neighborhood suddenly dying

Test Subject
#2405 Old 17th May 2015 at 4:38 PM
Thanks abcbok....I may have to install this Realistic Sickness thing. My boyfriend had the idea of giving every sick sim a one out of four chance of dying and then after they're sick they're immune, but I think that would be kind of a task to keep track of, I already have enough details to keep track of with all these sims. lol
Test Subject
#2406 Old 20th May 2015 at 2:49 PM
Quote:
I enjoy reading the ideas you are all giving.

I finally updated mine. Click here

In the right upper corner of the page there is a button which says "share". Click it. Then on the sidebar where you add/edit tree info it will say something about sending an email. Scroll on that side until it gives you the send link yourself option. You copy the link and post it. That should work.

Bream family

Thank you~!
The only problem Im having with family echo is that you cant connect related people if they have children (ex: cousins marrying in the Neanderthal age) unless you make a new person with the same name :c

"Don't mistake coincidence for fate."
~Mr. Eko, LOST
Lab Assistant
#2407 Old 21st May 2015 at 1:49 AM
Quote:
I enjoy reading the ideas you are all giving.

I finally updated mine. Click here

In the right upper corner of the page there is a button which says "share". Click it. Then on the sidebar where you add/edit tree info it will say something about sending an email. Scroll on that side until it gives you the send link yourself option. You copy the link and post it. That should work.

Bream family

I just stopped by to see your site. I love the collage photos that you put together with the speech bubbles. How did you do that?

Stop by my Medieval Test of Time Challenge website to see how this challenge continues - Updated May 25, 2015.
Test Subject
#2408 Old 21st May 2015 at 2:56 PM Last edited by faerie6099 : 21st May 2015 at 3:34 PM.
*waves cautiously* Hey, all! I've been lurking for a long time; I love reading about everyone else's game. But I've rarely posted because I often feel like I don't have anything to report on. o3o' But something interesting has finally happened in my hood! xD

A little background info, since I don't have a blog: I started the challenge with just three families, instead of five, so I decided that the heirs of each main family may marry a townie just for the first two generations to be born. The founders are Gen 1. For my Gen 2 heirs, I went with the firstborn, regardless of gender. My skin 1 couple (the Allahs) had a male heir; my skins 2&3 couple (the Nanus) also had a male heir; and my skin 4 couple (the Unkis) had a female heir.

So the Unki heir, Yinna, married a townie and had kids of her own. The time around, I figured I should stick to patriarchy, so I named her second child but first boy as the Unki heir. As a teen, the heir got into a fight with his younger sister and lost. This was my first fight, so I temporarily freaked out and decided to ignore that it had ever happened. However, after sleeping on it, I decided that, although I still maybe can't bring myself to kill him, he had at least lost his right to take over the family name. Who wants to pass the family name on to a loser, right? So I decided that Yinna is so displeased with her son's failure that she declares matriarchy the only solution, even though she has a younger son. Her new heir is her firstborn, the former heir's older sister. Forevermore, the main Unki family tree will be a matriarchal family, regardless of the "norms" of the other families or the society of the time. Branch families (heirs' younger siblings) may or may not follow this as well; I haven't decided yet. =/

I'm finding that the Unkis are my favorite family to play, although they're the biggest. The Allahs, the family that's going to be Emperor if their finances at the moment are to be believed and the second-biggest family, is soooo difficult to play, as everyone gets sunburned, and they're always getting in each others' ways, and they didn't even have a boy to be heir until a couple rounds ago. ._.

Wow, long post, sorry! ^///^ I just wanted to share that tidbit - the first in my neighborhood that makes an interesting story. x3
Test Subject
#2409 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibee1323
Thank you~!
The only problem Im having with family echo is that you cant connect related people if they have children (ex: cousins marrying in the Neanderthal age) unless you make a new person with the same name :c

Yeah, me too. The only "solution" I see for that is making one big tree, bed des the individual ones. But I can already feel the headache it could become....lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cespencer7
I just stopped by to see your site. I love the collage photos that you put together with the speech bubbles. How did you do that?

Do you mean these? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HTsfD2oTc...reenShot413.png

If its that, it's in game notifications of ACR. Or these http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1jBjdh1M-...reenShot075.png

They are in gfame too. I use Garwin for screencaps and it captures everything.

Lab Assistant
#2410 Old 23rd May 2015 at 10:47 AM
This challenge seems so fun! I am in the process of making all my sims and creating it... wish me luck!
Test Subject
#2411 Old 23rd May 2015 at 12:57 PM
I wish you the best of luck, youcrAzy! It's difficult and long, but very, very fun! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#2412 Old 24th May 2015 at 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faerie6099
I wish you the best of luck, youcrAzy! It's difficult and long, but very, very fun! ^_^

cant wait! already started my journey with four founding families.
Test Subject
#2413 Old 24th May 2015 at 3:29 AM
I finally posted something in my new blog. There's only one household round up right now, but hopefully that will change tomorrow. Click on the link in my sig to check out my new attempt.

Lab Assistant
#2414 Old 25th May 2015 at 6:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faerie6099
*waves cautiously* Hey, all! I've been lurking for a long time; I love reading about everyone else's game. But I've rarely posted because I often feel like I don't have anything to report on. o3o' But something interesting has finally happened in my hood! xD

A little background info, since I don't have a blog: I started the challenge with just three families, instead of five, so I decided that the heirs of each main family may marry a townie just for the first two generations to be born. The founders are Gen 1. For my Gen 2 heirs, I went with the firstborn, regardless of gender. My skin 1 couple (the Allahs) had a male heir; my skins 2&3 couple (the Nanus) also had a male heir; and my skin 4 couple (the Unkis) had a female heir.

So the Unki heir, Yinna, married a townie and had kids of her own. The time around, I figured I should stick to patriarchy, so I named her second child but first boy as the Unki heir. As a teen, the heir got into a fight with his younger sister and lost. This was my first fight, so I temporarily freaked out and decided to ignore that it had ever happened. However, after sleeping on it, I decided that, although I still maybe can't bring myself to kill him, he had at least lost his right to take over the family name. Who wants to pass the family name on to a loser, right? So I decided that Yinna is so displeased with her son's failure that she declares matriarchy the only solution, even though she has a younger son. Her new heir is her firstborn, the former heir's older sister. Forevermore, the main Unki family tree will be a matriarchal family, regardless of the "norms" of the other families or the society of the time. Branch families (heirs' younger siblings) may or may not follow this as well; I haven't decided yet. =/

I'm finding that the Unkis are my favorite family to play, although they're the biggest. The Allahs, the family that's going to be Emperor if their finances at the moment are to be believed and the second-biggest family, is soooo difficult to play, as everyone gets sunburned, and they're always getting in each others' ways, and they didn't even have a boy to be heir until a couple rounds ago. ._.

Wow, long post, sorry! ^///^ I just wanted to share that tidbit - the first in my neighborhood that makes an interesting story. x3

I love the idea of the matriarchal family. I wonder if as you develop your storyline if they will have attributes that are different from the other clans that focus on service and care of others, such as herbal healing, magic potions, etc. I find that my most interesting clans are those that develop along unusual ways and face the most challenges. Hang in there with the sunburn.

Stop by my Medieval Test of Time Challenge website to see how this challenge continues - Updated May 25, 2015.
Test Subject
#2415 Old 25th May 2015 at 7:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cespencer7
I love the idea of the matriarchal family. I wonder if as you develop your storyline if they will have attributes that are different from the other clans that focus on service and care of others, such as herbal healing, magic potions, etc. I find that my most interesting clans are those that develop along unusual ways and face the most challenges. Hang in there with the sunburn.

Are healings and potions a thing built into the game? I know that with Seasons, the juicer provides a cure for the cold, but I don't know of anything else. Also, how would you integrate something like a clan that focuses on that sort of thing? I absolutely adore reading about your challenge.

Yes, oddly enough, this incident has definitely made me like the Unki family more. xD I'm getting more and more interested in their story. I had the former heir move out of the household, and I downloaded a bunch of facial scars to give him as a reminder of his loss. I'm also going to try to pair him up with a girl from the Allah family who has an unfortunate bad case of acne. They're going to be my lovely little outcast couple if they fall for each other. xP

As for sunburns, I'm on either my last or second to last round of the Neanderthal Age, so soon I won't have to deal with sunburns as often. Yay!
Test Subject
#2416 Old 25th May 2015 at 10:09 PM
@faerie6099 Your game sounds awesome! Keep us updated? :D

My firstborn generation 5 was just born, a little girl. When she becomes an adult, the Dark Ages begin and I can't wait! I'm honestly feeling so sick of the Roman Era I'd even like to go back to the Neanderthal Era I'm sure I'll feel the same about the Roman Era once it's gone though, hehe.

I'm feeling worried though - out of the last 13 or 14 babies born (I counted but managed to forget, lol), only 2 has been boys. One family has a total of 7 children in the two branches this generation - all girls. I don't want to lose a last name so I'm a little anxious. I'm sure there'll be a baby boom of boys after this, but what if someone stops being fertile before that happens? Maybe I'm going to "cheat" a little and make some of the girls have bastards with their maiden name if it comes to that, haha. It'll work out

Test Subject
#2417 Old 25th May 2015 at 11:14 PM
@ abcbok, I have had times when the game only gives me babies of one gender, never as bad as that though. But maybe it was because I cheated then by saving right before they gave birth and left the game w/o saving until I got the gender I wanted. I try not to save for a few days before they give birth during this challenge since the temptation would be too big for me to resist if I had a situation like yours.

@faerie6099, will you be making a blog?

Lab Assistant
#2418 Old 25th May 2015 at 11:34 PM
@abcbok i am having that issue now, i am in the neanderthal stage and so far 3 boys 5 girls. For one family all they breed are girls.
Test Subject
#2419 Old 25th May 2015 at 11:53 PM
@abcbok - Thanks! Will do. =D And I totally feel your pain with the unbalanced ratio of boys and girls. When my Gen. 3 sims started getting born, I had almost exactly the same situation. The current Allah head couple just this round aged to elders with 7 daughters and only 1 son, and he was the fifth child born. And until my branch families started having kids, only the Unkis had a decent mix of boys and girls. xD;

@Lisrouge - I'm not sure if I should make a blog or not. I don't really take pictures, so it would be mostly text, or all text for the generation that has already passed on. Maybe I should, though. I've been taking notes, although I've only been able to make stories to go with it when Gen. 2 started going off on their own. I'll definitely keep posting here, though. ^_^
Test Subject
#2420 Old Yesterday at 11:18 AM
@lisrouge Haha yeah, I've been tempted to do that too, but stopped myself, thinking that "their next one will be a boy", but it never is xD But umm... the next one probably is or not...

@youcrAzy That happened to me too in the first generation, one family had five daughters before having a boy in seriously the last second But the good part of the Neanderthal Era is that it's really easy to make up personal rules in case of an emergency like that

@faerie6099 Oh my, 7 daughters?! The worst part is almost that I had a lack of girls for so many rounds, and then it slowly got more even until it pretty much was... and then this happened -.- Haha but what can you do? Just keep playing and hope for the best ^^

Lab Assistant
#2421 Old Yesterday at 7:58 PM
Has anyone had a problem with overheating? Well I do! I am currently on Round 2 and one of my families sons got taken away from social worker because he was too hot! I didn't even realize it until I scrolled over and he was passed out on the floor... she also had the nerve to take their little baby girl too. I was going to marry him off to one of the elves but its okay
Test Subject
#2422 Old Yesterday at 8:49 PM
@abcbok - *headdesk* Don'tcha just love it when the little simmies won't behave? I mean, with a 50/50 chance of getting a boy or girl, you'd think they're purposely defying the odds to produce just boys or just girls... xD

@youcrAzy - Oooohhh, yes. Overheating was a nightmare when I started playing. I had to give them two, sometimes three, sinks, and a waterfall with a cool down option before they mostly stopped trying to kill themselves. Sort of. *facepalm*
Test Subject
#2423 Old Yesterday at 10:47 PM
@youcrAzy , I'd love to read it if you change your mind. Yes, overheating was how I lost a few kids in my first attempt. I learned then about the no social work mod. It's much better now since I can even have a house full of orphan kids and not face the extinction so early on.

@abcbok, lol... I saw you finally got a boy.

Lab Assistant
#2424 Old Today at 10:42 AM
Sigh..
Two of my women got into a fight that resulted in one of them dieing. I had to switch over to that household and kill her Her husband and her kid went into aspiration failure and he doesn't know what to do anymore. I feel so bad, just looking at him

Meanwhile in another family my little girl caught her first big fish! I am happy for her but yet sad when I think about wedding her.

[EDIT] Also looking at the picture, anybody know good custom content for kids? The only clothes I have for her will suit the medieval ages, and god knows I'm not even close to there yet
Screenshots
Test Subject
#2425 Old Today at 12:38 PM
@faerie6099 Haha, so true

@Lisrouge Yes, now the numbers are like 17-18 kids and 4 boys, yay But it does seem to be more 50/50 now so I think it's getting better

@youcrAzy Just like Lisrouge, I have the no social worker mod installed. Makes my life easier, honestly And the killing off sims is really difficult in the beginning, but heartless as it might seem, it gets easier, haha. Sorry to hear you lose a founder so early on though, I lost one of mine in Round 2 too

As for the neanderthal CC, this link has a lot of, well, other links to everything you might need: http://historicalsims2.wikia.com/wi...history/Cavemen (It is ok to post links here, no? If not, I apologize)

Page 97 of 97

Section jump