Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 1:57 PM
For the road, can cars and sims travel along that road okay? The road spline is intact, but the pedestrian routing is missing in some places.

For the lot- yes, that could cause some problems. We have found that it is usually best to have lots surrounded by routable terrain so that sims can enter and exit from all sides. Is that lot actually on a steep slope? It looks like the terrain non-routable paint is affecting the lot routing too.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 4:14 PM
Cars and sims have no trouble using that road. I only tested it with my own sim so i'm not sure about the NPC's ...

That lot should be a "hidden" military base so i placed it between some mountains sims can only enter that lot from the front side and are not supposed to walk on the mountains !
You think i better delete this lot or place it somewhere else ?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#28 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 5:54 PM
Well, it can definitely cause lag, as I discussed here:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...4&postcount=395
Perhaps you could put some kind of fence all around the lot, or else move it forward slightly so that the lot is flatter (so won't look daft with sims routing at the back)?

If the road is actually routable then I would say that's okay, but also view it with the retaining walls hidden, as there may be some routable spots under there that sims try to access.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 8:48 PM
I am having some problems with my bridges
I got the path running un-broken under them but for some reason my sims refuse to get over them. I got 3 bridges like this so I really want to get it right

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

For new or updated skins, please visit my website: Pink Rabbit
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 9:05 PM
Are they refusing in vehicles and by foot?
Field Researcher
#31 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 9:09 PM
on foot

Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 9:16 PM Last edited by armiel : 17th Feb 2012 at 9:40 PM.
I'm not sure, but it might be the lot intersecting the bridge - it's really close and also has a routing line on road going to the lot, which to my experience should not happen (the turquoise line and blue dot). It can also be the unroutable paint that overlaps the bridge footprint. Are all your 3 bridges causing same issue, and if are, how does the routing data look like on the other two?

ETA
Looking at the angle, elevation and direction of your road, it seems that it doesn't connect to the bridge properly. Has it snapped to the bridge, as the end of the road should align with the end of the bridge where the bridge "road" dot is?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 9:58 PM
Also, the road on the left of the image, is that connected by an intersection or are the roads just overlapped?
Field Researcher
#34 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 10:06 PM
It is overlapping - I am taking that it should have a intersection - I will add that. I don't think any of the tutorials mentioned that, so thank you for spotting it.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#35 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 11:34 PM
Well, Egypt has several places with no intersections, and in some cases it seems to work okay. But, in this case- where you have a junction near to a bridge- I would be inclined to try it with an intersection, in case that is causing the problem.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 2:01 AM
I just wanted to let you know that it worked! Now the bridges works perfectly. Thank you so much for your help!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#37 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 10:21 PM
Field Researcher
#38 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 2:10 AM
Apparently I spoke too soon... I got quite a few sims stuck out on the bridge... any idea why that might be happening?

I seem to be able to send them to go over that bridge my self, but if I don't direct them to go over they get stuck out there.

I have a hack that dis-allow them using taxis so they are all on foot. I am playing a medieval hood and having it full of taxis would of ruin the illusion.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#39 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 3:06 AM
Are they spawning there, or are they actually getting stuck half way? An image of the routing data for that bridge as it is now will help.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 3:09 AM Last edited by macthekat : 20th Feb 2012 at 3:25 AM.
That is a good question - I will have to keep an eye on them and check, but I think all of them are existing sims from the nhood.

It would seem that if I am looking at them when they pass they have no problems.

I will snap a few CAW pictures tomorrow

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#41 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 5:42 PM
Bridges have become really troublesoms since pets for some reason (horse routing, I suspect). I had to redo all bridges in my world after the pets patch, and there were a lot!
Field Researcher
#42 Old 22nd Feb 2012 at 12:53 PM Last edited by macthekat : 26th Feb 2012 at 7:04 PM.
Finally I got around to opening the program again

for some reason I can't get the walking path to turn blue

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#43 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 11:32 PM
See in the first image, where the light blue routing path dips in a sharp 'V'? Try raising the base of the river slightly, so that is a smoother curve. Also, in the first image there is a routing node (white circle) on its own, which can cause problems if it's beneath the bridge, for example. Can't see it on the final image, though! On the second image, that yellow lot looks really close to the bridge. If it's intersecting the pedestrian route at all it could possibly cause some dodginess with sims entering and leaving the bridge, so as a last resort you could try removing that and testing, just to be sure.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 29th Feb 2012 at 12:46 AM
Thank you for the feedback. I will try playing some more with the bridges.

Test Subject
#45 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 3:34 PM Last edited by Ardra Allen : 10th Apr 2012 at 4:02 PM.
What if my rounting paint is broken? I recently got caw.. and I have yet to get my routing paint to even work. it wont paint anything.

Edit: It seems if I zoom in more I can see the paint.. It turned out it was working. I just cant SEE the blue unless my camera is closer ( though I have the LOD oh high in the camera settings)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#46 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 12:30 PM
Ardra Allen, you need to be zoomed in so that the chunk you are working on is rendered in high-detail. You can only work on one chunk at a time, so you have to keep close to the ground when painting/sculpting.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 2:23 AM
Thanks a lot. I'm new at CAW (Need a world for a machinima so...0 and my horses were climbing mounteins... you saved me!!!
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th May 2016 at 12:20 AM
Wow this really gave me a new perspective for sure! xD Thank you so much for this tutoria I appreshiate itl!! :D
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#49 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 4:19 PM
I'm sorry to revive this thread, but I have the same issue that @macthekat was having. I stuck a sim in my world and turned the speed on x3, with Overwatch set to do a stuck check but not reset sims so I could find any problem areas. In two in-game weeks, there only appears to be one spot that's causing routing issues.

I have used the bridges from Supernatural (both the covered and uncovered) in Greymont Bay. Sims can cross both in vehicles just fine. If I tell a sim to "go here" and "walk", he crosses the bridge just fine. But it seems like if sims stop on the covered bridge (go here to the other side, then cancelled part of the way - I have a pretty waterfall) they get stuck. It doesn't seem to occur on the uncovered bridge though. They can stop to view the scenery or whatever on the uncovered bridge on just fine.

In two weeks, I've had one stuck horse and one stuck paparazzi. So, it's not a rampant plague of stuck sims, but still something I'd like to fix if possible.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#50 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 8:38 PM
Could you show a picture of the bridge routing, heaven? Do you have any objects on the sidewalks near the bridge, lamp posts maybe?
Page 2 of 3