Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 2:40 AM
Default buying Doomsword /Doomstaff/Mystical Fragment?
is there any way to buy those pieces without going through ardious trade?
kind of like from buy mode, or from the market?

Thanks
Advertisement
Firestarter
#2 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 4:43 AM
I have a hack up that lets you buy them, the only one I couldn't make buyable has been the DoomStaff, but the Angel armor and weapon set and the Doom armor and weapon set are buyable.
http://sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=3410
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 7:50 AM
being able to buy them is all good...but i'd like to really make any of the gear i give to my sims to be of legendary quality. so i'd like to see the crafting componets be added to shops too...that way if i can afford it all i can start crafting legendary items.
Firestarter
#4 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 10:54 AM
I tried to get arcane edge to be buyable and it just wouldn't go, couldn't unlock a few things we need. My hack for increased trading will at least let you get some items in bulk. But the arcane and the two doom pieces for making the items, haven't been able to unlock them yet.
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 11:00 AM
ironicly the doomsword is a little less on my priority...mostly because its 'curse' makes it entirely useless to me. i mean, its a good weapon, but it'll kill my sims before i can do anything with them. all i can say is keep trying.
Firestarter
#6 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 11:05 PM
Okay, I did a major update to the shopping hack, nearly every quest item is now available to buy. You can buy the Arcane Edge, Doomsword Hilts, Unicorn Horns, pretty much anything you are looking for is now buyable.
http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=3413
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Carrigon
Okay, I did a major update to the shopping hack, nearly every quest item is now available to buy. You can buy the Arcane Edge, Doomsword Hilts, Unicorn Horns, pretty much anything you are looking for is now buyable.
http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=3413

very nice
Test Subject
#8 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 12:32 AM
alright, looking good, can you look into getting mithril and mana stones in there too?
Firestarter
#9 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 2:29 AM
You should be able to buy them with my hack, mana stones definitely, can't remember on the mithril. I have a new version up that lets you buy and sell the quest items and put them into the cargo hold.
http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=3415
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 4:36 AM
well with the version i was using, i dont see mithril or mana stones as buyable, then again i'm seing so many quest items they MIGHT be shoving them off the screen, i'll check the new version when i get a chance.
Firestarter
#11 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 4:45 AM
Also, make sure you wait till it refreshes after 3am. Some things are buyable at different locations. The Shoppe, the Market Stall, The Blacksmith by clicking on him and choosing to buy items, and the Blacksmith's Stall.
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 6:17 AM
well. i havnt updated yet, but i didnt see any of the shops selling Mithril or Mana stones, i'll probably have to wait to see.
Firestarter
#13 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 7:40 AM
I just checked, I might have to add them for the next update. Somehow, some of the rocks aren't showing up. Whenever I update it, I'll make a note of it. I was sure the mana stones were in there, but they aren't showing now.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 8:29 AM
Hey Carrigon, really great mod! I was just wondering though, if you could possibly scale down the number of each item in the blacksmith stall, because all those lutes and longswords show up individually with 1 quantity each instead of once with say 50 quantities. It makes it hard to find the legendary swords my blacksmith actually made when trying to buy something with a different hero. Other than that though, awesome job. :D
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 8:51 AM
Great mod, love it!
Firestarter
#16 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 1:05 PM
The problem with the Blacksmith is a known issue with the code. Some items are not stackable in the inventory and unfortunately, the Blacksmith's code works off the same coding for the market stall and the shoppe. I'll see what I can do with it when I'm updating. Probably just unflag them for that stall. I want to work on adding some of the quest items to the trading codes so we can trade the items.
Firestarter
#17 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 1:22 AM
New, version three up. Now with trading of several quest items! Buy, sell, trade quest items. You can trade blood and wooden stakes, or get Goblin Meat, you can even trade and get Arcane Edge, ChillaWeed, and much more.
http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=3416

When I do another version, I'll add the minerals and fix the Blacksmith's stall issue.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 2:01 AM
A useful mod for those unwilling to grind out thier strolls in the forest. I lost two wizards to bears trying to find that arcane edge.

Perhaps it might be a good idea to skip over the "blacksmith stall" issue by simply leaving it at the default?
The Village Shoppe already has filters to sort the list out, and it appears lutes and weapons do stack in it. The blacksmith cannot purchase from themselves after all.
Firestarter
#19 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 3:11 AM
LOL, it's a good thing you mentioned that. Wouldn't want to stick all the minerals in the Blacksmith's stall and then find he couldn't buy them :D
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 1:43 PM
Okay, So I Downloaded It, Put It Into The Folders You Asked, But It Won't work, Is It Because I have two Resource Files? or Is It My current Game? im So Anouied @-@
Firestarter
#21 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 8:02 PM
First, you have to wait till after 3am in the game for the codes to update. If you tried that and it's still not showing, why do you have two resource files? Go over the framework again, make sure you have it installed properly. Make sure you have no conflicting mods and have all the info for the file. If it still won't work on a current game, make a new one and test out if you see the new things to buy in the new game.
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 3:00 AM
you might also want to add the angel's talon and doomsword books to the shop, i might have to take out the forge unlock mode and recipe unlock mode, and i know for a fact i wont be able to craft those if i do.
Firestarter
#23 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 4:17 AM
I'll see what I can do. I'm having trouble updating the file, for some reason it corrupted on me twice. I think some objects are just plain not buyable and when you try to make them so, the file corrupts or you get a sim freeze up. Like I had the AngelBalm buyable, but then I found the Wizard was freezing up if you dared to try to buy from her.

So far, the new version I'm working on, I do have ManaStones and Mirthral buyable. It hasn't let me add anything else yet. I'll keep working on it. And that DoomStaff refuses to be buyable. I have it showing up in the shop, but it has no description and you can't do anything with it. Nothing I try with the DoomStaff gets it buyable.
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 1:11 AM
hows progress looking Carrigon? i know you've got most of this stuff down good, but its not easy thats for sure to mod anything simmy
Firestarter
#25 Old 19th Apr 2011 at 4:28 AM
Version four is now up with more items. You can buy DoomStaffs, Churdle Potions, AngelBalm, Mouthwash. I've added alittle more to trading. You can trade talking frogs for mouthwash. And the mouthwash is usable.
http://www.sims2workshop.com/viewtopic.php?t=3417
See the screenshots for more of what's available for buying.
Page 1 of 3