Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Family Mansion *Update: Sunken lot Tip!*

by xNikki Posted 13th May 2011 at 11:20 PM - Updated 20th May 2011 at 5:52 PM by nikkicornelisse

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th May 2011 at 11:42 PM
Thank you! You don't usually find these types of houses without a huge CC list. Thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th May 2011 at 2:35 AM
Very beautiful house..
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 14th May 2011 at 6:33 AM
WOW! Gorgeous!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 14th May 2011 at 5:06 PM Last edited by AmberIndia : 15th May 2011 at 3:54 AM.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I guess it will fit my plan! Kudos for not using CC. In Bridgeport the house/lot becomes uneven, even after flattening the lot before adding this house. Which neighborhood does this work best?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th May 2011 at 2:40 PM
It's so beautiful. Thank you for not using custom content.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th May 2011 at 6:34 AM
Yeah I loved the house and downloaded it into my game, and for some reason it's built like it's in a ditch... I'm using the Sunset Valley world, and put my 50x50 lot on a flat surface..... but my sims can't get out once I moved them. So I had to take it out my game. Just wanted to let you know that this doesn't work for that world. I tried placing this house in several locations just to let you know.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th May 2011 at 9:40 AM
Ow, I see. Problems with the lot.

I've had this before once I made something. Err, I'll try something to fix it and upload the new file!

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears." ~ Mumford & Sons
Forum Resident
#9 Old 16th May 2011 at 1:46 PM
This house looks really great and I love that it doesn't contain any CC at all. Quality work!

I don't know if this belongs here but players can also fix the sunken lot problem on their own by using the cheat: SetImportedTerrainOffset (value) - The value can be a positive or negative number, and can contain a decimal.

I'm curious how you fixed it yourself, nikkicornelisse? Anyhow, I hope my comment is not inappropriate.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th May 2011 at 3:43 PM
Hi Nonamena,

I didn't know that! Thanks for the tip. I think others will be happy with this too.
I fixed the problem by using the other lot that I had for backup. I've exported it twice and this one seems to be fine to me..
Well, anyways, love to hear a report on how the fix turns out for everyone.

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears." ~ Mumford & Sons
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 17th May 2011 at 11:25 AM
Nikki, unfortunately its not working for me. The house still sinks. Any tips?
Forum Resident
#12 Old 17th May 2011 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmberIndia
Nikki, unfortunately its not working for me. The house still sinks. Any tips?

The lot also is also sunken for me (even the new version). To fix it, you only need to do a few extra steps before placing the lot. Go into Edit Town and find the empty lot where you want to place the house. Select build/buy on the empty. Bring up the cheats console and enter:

SetImportedTerrainOffset [value]

The [value] will be a number, positive or negative. If your lot is sunken, you will use a positive number, and if it is elevated, use a negative number. You can also use decimals (I have foudnt hat only one decimal place works, but I could be wrong). After you have entered the cheat, simply go back to Edit Town and place the lot.

You may have to do some guesswork before you get the lot to come out smoothly, and it might not come out 100% perfect (there may be some very tiny elevation/sunkenness which is hardly noticeable if you don't spend too much time looking at the ground in front of the house).

My lot was pretty far in, so I used SetImportedTerrainOffset 5
and it worked out really well. There is a tiny little bump in front of the house, but that's all.

There is a thread about this issue on the forums, but it hasn't been touched in over a month.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th May 2011 at 4:38 PM
I can try fixing it..

Let me work on it for a couple minutes.

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 17th May 2011 at 8:22 PM
Yes I just added it again and I have the same problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 21st May 2011 at 8:50 PM
Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 24th May 2011 at 2:33 PM
this is wonderful
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:36 AM
I have the sunken lot issue as well but I am going to try the tip posted above