Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

AL Neighborhood Deco Pond, Recolored

by iCad Posted 21st May 2011 at 7:36 PM
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st May 2011 at 8:07 PM
Thank you for this! Living in a city that prides itself on its pure water, that pond bugged me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st May 2011 at 8:33 PM
Thank you soooo much!!!
I rarely used the original one because it was so dirty looking! But your recolor will definitely be put to good use!!!
Thank you again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st May 2011 at 8:34 PM
Thank you !!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st May 2011 at 8:49 PM
If you have a better graphics card the edging will match the terrain too! Great job, I love it.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st May 2011 at 10:15 PM
I'm going to keep my eyes peeled and see if someone can figure out how to make this color replace the default, but if not, this is *so* going in my downloads folder.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd May 2011 at 12:19 AM
Oh thank god finally someone fixed this
The original looked like a tar pit...looked horrible
Thanks so much for making this : )
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd May 2011 at 7:39 AM
It is good that they are separate versions. The original works well for the swamps.

Thank you!
Banned
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd May 2011 at 11:41 AM
Oh, that pond is my favorite neighborhood object. I call it Dead Marsh and believe it is where souls of deleted sims dwell.
Your recolor ruined all the gloomy mood! :P
Theorist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd May 2011 at 4:54 PM
At last - a pond that doesn't look like a toxic waste dump. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd May 2011 at 7:53 PM
If it is a separate file, could this work with base game?
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd May 2011 at 8:46 PM
@Lance: Well, you can't be gloomy all the time! But luckily for you, this doesn't replace the tar pit, so you can have Dead Marsh and...Alive Marsh!

@DigitalSympathies: Yes, my poor 7-year-old laptop and it's poor 128MB video card! My neighborhood view is unfortunately not very purty. But that's OK. It's not like I sit and stare at it or anything.

@harlequin_eyes: I'm sure the original can be default-replaced; I just don't know how to do it. For anyone who does know how to do it, I'll gladly send my working Photoshop .PSD to anyone who wants it so that it matches. But I kind of like that they're separate. The original one would work well in a post-apocalyptic/gloomy kind of setting. It's just that I don't generally play in that sort of setting.

@kurpe: As far as I can tell, it doesn't work in the base game. I was curious so I put the file into my base-game AnyGame and my up-to-Pets building AnyGame, and it didn't show in either. So, I guess it's still linked to the AL file, so it will require AL. Sorry.

To everyone else: I'm glad that you'll find this useful. I certainly use this pond more now!

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th May 2011 at 9:26 PM
Nice idea. Neighborhood decorations add a little something - when they don't look like a tar pit. Thanks for fixing it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 8:14 PM
looks so much better
that other thing looks like a swamp or something xD