Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Large-Eared Elf Face Template

by Katuchan Posted 29th May 2011 at 7:18 PM

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th May 2011 at 8:21 PM
omg this is so cool! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th May 2011 at 10:12 PM
How awesomely cute they are. I'm going to get this one for the elf. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th May 2011 at 10:33 PM
So adorable! Thanks so much! ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th May 2011 at 12:47 AM
Grabby Hand Motions.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 30th May 2011 at 1:22 PM
Nice Ears
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th May 2011 at 1:37 PM
I love this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th May 2011 at 3:49 PM
Thank you soooo much *bows down at your feet* lolol but these are great and so are you!!! Thaaaannnnk yooouuu =D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th May 2011 at 8:28 PM
I have 5 sims with this already XD
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th May 2011 at 10:43 PM
Just curious, is this the face template brilliantcat used to create PT Thebe in their blue multi-PT set?

Absolutely LOVE this template.
Test Subject
#11 Old 31st May 2011 at 12:04 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 27 ETGE and ALIEN aren't the same template.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 31st May 2011 at 3:29 AM
This is amazingly beautiful! I am definitely going to use this in my game! <3

Question: If I use this and create a fantastic little race of awesomeness, and then I want to use a different replacement face for the same template, will my already made Sims with this face be damaged at all?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st May 2011 at 5:36 AM
Default Thank you, everyone!
Thank you so much for all your kind words! You make this worth all the time it takes. :3

Quote: Originally posted by terame
Question: If I use this and create a fantastic little race of awesomeness, and then I want to use a different replacement face for the same template, will my already made Sims with this face be damaged at all?

They most certainly will not! Once you make a sim based on this template, they will retain the same genetics regardless of whether or not you have the template in your downloads folder or not. ^_^ So they'll be fine!

Quote: Originally posted by astrocake
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 27 ETGE and ALIEN aren't the same template.

It seems you are absolutely correct. I was deeply under the presumption that there were only 27 templates, and that the alien was the last one. A lot of things make more sense, now. XP I'll edit the post as soon as I have time.

Quote: Originally posted by Julieryc
Just curious, is this the face template brilliantcat used to create PT Thebe in their blue multi-PT set?

No, she tells me she used one of Fantasyrogue's templates for Thebe. n_n
Instructor
#14 Old 31st May 2011 at 3:21 PM
So--lemme get this straight because I've never had the urge to get a face replacement before--if I get the one to replace the alien face, it won't affect the pollination tech and thus any alien babies?

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 31st May 2011 at 3:26 PM
This is so great...very creative

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 7:51 PM
Job well done! Now I can have amazing elf families in my game wheee!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:17 AM
Thanks muchly for this! I will now have an entire kingdom of elves! ^_^ :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 10:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deastrumquodvicis
So--lemme get this straight because I've never had the urge to get a face replacement before--if I get the one to replace the alien face, it won't affect the pollination tech and thus any alien babies?

I believe that is the case, because the Pollination Technician is an existing sim, and would thus not be affected by a new template (and the babies would also certainly not be affected). In order to replace your PT, you would have to get a Multi-PT replacement hack.

Just a note, though, the version to replace the alien face is currently only at my website, as I forgot to add it to the post here (I will do so soon).
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 7:55 PM
I ♥ you. I've used it for 27 ETGE so that I have FIVE elf templates. Nom nom elves. Yes, indeed, I used one of Fantasyrogue's templates for Thebe, though don't be surprised if a PT shows up using this template *mysterious hand waving*
Instructor
#20 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 11:11 PM
Using this facial template and your Time Lords Aren't Blue skintone (which is the most random name ever), I made the hottest Sim I've ever made (IMO). But when I loaded him into his house, the ears went back to normal, causing an intense amount of despair on my part (and I'm sure my self-Sim as well). I'm assuming this is because I don't have Sim/object detail on high. Would that be a correct assumption? Because if it is, then I'll get my hottie back in a week or so when I get a new computer. And then I will take screenshots.

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 1:13 PM
I've already thanked you on your site, but I'll repeat here: thank you very much for this template! The ears are too cute!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deastrumquodvicis
Using this facial template and your Time Lords Aren't Blue skintone (which is the most random name ever), I made the hottest Sim I've ever made (IMO). But when I loaded him into his house, the ears went back to normal, causing an intense amount of despair on my part (and I'm sure my self-Sim as well). I'm assuming this is because I don't have Sim/object detail on high. Would that be a correct assumption? Because if it is, then I'll get my hottie back in a week or so when I get a new computer. And then I will take screenshots.

Yes, I'm sorry, I did not make a low-def version of these faces, although since I have plans to redo them, I will see if I can't make them low-def as well.

In any case, YES, SCREENSHOTS PLEASE. *sucker for hot sims*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 9:23 PM
hey, i like this a lot, but sorry since im new with this, i downloaded it but i can't find it... do i need to do something to it before im able to use it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baida.mker
hey, i like this a lot, but sorry since im new with this, i downloaded it but i can't find it... do i need to do something to it before im able to use it?

Do you mean you can't find it in game? Or you can't find it on your computer?

The file will download as a .rar, you'll need WinRAR (free, just ignore the nag screen) or a similar program to unzip it, just like a .zip file. Then when you have the .package, you'll want to put that in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads/ in order for it to work. If you don't have a "Downloads" folder, you can just create one, make sure it's capitalized and spelled correctly or the game won't recognize it. Once it's in your downloads folder, you can start up BodyShop and create sims using this template (it'll be all the way at the end). However, I don't think it will show up in the actual game unless you have a hack to unlock it. I'm not positive about that, however.

Hopefully this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 8:42 AM
This is just pure amazing, thank you so much!
Page 1 of 2