Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2011 at 6:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Can't install Generations because I need to update?
I get a message when I try to install Generations (direct download) saying that I need to update my version of the game using the Sims launcher. My game is fully patched thanks to the patching tool found here on MTS. Also, my launcher says that my game is fully up to date. When I go over to the Sims 3 official site, it does not list a new patch -- the latest seems to be February.

Any advice? Thank you in advance.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:00 PM
Check again. I found a patch that just went up today. It's supposed to patch your base game to 1.2. The downloader doesn't seem to want to find it for me. It keeps saying that I have all the updates. I guess they're trying to play catch up right now?

http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches

RIP Bugsy! The best cat in the world! 4-5-90 - 5-28-07
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:13 PM
Same thing happens to me, SecretSim... direct download, need to update my game version using the launcher, but launcher says there is no update... The official site SHOWS a patch, but the laucher doesn't recognize it. Why EA can't put DOWNLOADABLE links on their patch news pages is beyond me. I guess that would be TOO easy.
Test Subject
#4 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:14 PM
Their forum is down too. Guess they're getting slammed. :/

Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:19 PM
http://www.simprograms.com/30535/th...me-update-1-22/

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:24 PM
Will it work if I have the EA download manager versions and not the disk versions? And thanks. :D

Field Researcher
#7 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:39 PM
I have the digital download.... and just installed the patch from SimPrograms that TickleontheTum found on the EA servers... things *seem* ok. I am about to start my game and do some test playing.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:39 PM
As far as I can tell, yes.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#9 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:40 PM
It worked! Thanks so much! :D

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:56 PM
Thanks, twallan! I came over here to post the same question and the answer was already here.
Test Subject
#11 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:24 PM
Hi all I am so glad to find this post, but I still have an issue it won't allow me to install the update period, when I go to sims 3 website and click to install update I am taken to another page where there is no link to download, I also tried Twallans route but still nothing what am I doing wrong, Please help me.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#12 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:26 PM
mslele40 - What do you mean "still nothing"? There's links to download the patch there and I'm sure they work for others as I pointed someone at the same link and it's working fine.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:33 PM
I installed the patch and then was able to install Generations. I added it to my DEP list as well and rebooted. Now the game freezes about 3 minutes into the game then a Windows error pops up saying the game needs to close. I have no mods, no CC aside from store-bought content.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:46 PM
Here's the message: "Sims 3 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is found."
Test Subject
#15 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:29 PM
Default I got it
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
mslele40 - What do you mean "still nothing"? There's links to download the patch there and I'm sure they work for others as I pointed someone at the same link and it's working fine.

Sorry had to go back to look at it but I got it and it's now up and running, I want to thank you guys sincerely, it's ashamed that EA can never help their customers as much as you guys can through every expansion and game it's always you guys that come through with the fixes and work arounds that we need, just so that we don't spend days being frustrated and flustered, just because we just spent 40 bucks on an expansion that doesn't work like it's supposed to, I honestly don't know what we would do without you guys, again thanks for the assistance that you have supplied.
Inventor
#16 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:31 PM
I have the base game, WA, LN, AMB, and HELS. What patch would I need to download?
Test Subject
#17 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:41 PM
Default answering your question
Quote: Originally posted by Nekonyami
I have the base game, WA, LN, AMB, and HELS. What patch would I need to download?

You have to download the one under cumulative.
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:52 PM
Ok have a question and it might be dumb but when download do i download to the where my sims is installed or somewhere else? I'm thinking to where the sims is installed but I don't want to make a mistake help plz! :D
Inventor
#19 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:01 PM
Installed the patch but it says 6.2.4 on my game version. Is that normal?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:13 PM
Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn't work.
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by buttercup
Ok have a question and it might be dumb but when download do i download to the where my sims is installed or somewhere else? I'm thinking to where the sims is installed but I don't want to make a mistake help plz! :D

It should be a .exe file you are downloading. Just open that file and it will install to your game. Once it's installed, you can delete the .exe file
Test Subject
#22 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 4:28 AM
Thanks for the patch link in this thread. The cumulative patch solved my problem, and let Generations install. Yay for you guys!!
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 4:46 AM Last edited by SarahRain22 : 2nd Jun 2011 at 5:47 AM.
I dowloaded the "cumulative" file update and this is the error message I got when I tried to install it:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...ormessage2.jpg/ I'm at a loss. Can anyone proffer any assistance?

EDITED: Nevermind. I figured it out.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mslele40
You have to download the one under cumulative.
Oh, so if we're installing all of our Sims games all over again, we just need to use that one patch and not the gazillion expansion/stuff pack-specific others? If that's true, then that's awesome!
Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 5:42 PM
@Twallan Thanks a lot! Can finally install TS3Gen Yay!
Page 1 of 2