Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No more annoying idles!

by claudiasharon Posted 7th Jun 2011 at 6:58 PM - Updated 12th Nov 2011 at 12:32 PM by claudiasharon : updated for pets

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 7:56 PM
THANK YOU. I am getting sick of elated Sims doing the "HAHAHAWOO" idle all the time lol
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 9:10 PM
Thank you for this! I have a question, is there a mod out there that stops sims from pausing for a long time before doing something? I had one sim, she got up at 11 am, I had her go shower, she stood in front of the shower until 2:30 pm, then finalyl got in. It really ticked me off. She does that for bedtime as well. She'll stand in front of the bed for an hour before actually getting in to sleep.
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 9:22 PM
Does this mod delete the idles or just stop it ? Last time I tried to avoid this stupid idles with a mod, there was no way to play idles in the Animator =/
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oldenBuffy
Thank you for this! I have a question, is there a mod out there that stops sims from pausing for a long time before doing something? I had one sim, she got up at 11 am, I had her go shower, she stood in front of the shower until 2:30 pm, then finalyl got in. It really ticked me off. She does that for bedtime as well. She'll stand in front of the bed for an hour before actually getting in to sleep.

Hmm not that I know of. I do know that I had that problem before with no mods in my game, and then as I started putting updated mods back into my game it eventually went away. Maybe Twallan's mods over at NRaas got rid of the problem? I really don't know.

Quote: Originally posted by Louby2
Does this mod delete the idles or just stop it ? Last time I tried to avoid this stupid idles with a mod, there was no way to play idles in the Animator =/

Hmm I didn't try them with the Animator. I deleted the idles in the coding so I'm assuming they would be deleted and unplayable with the Animator but I don't know for sure.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 10:37 PM
Thank you! It seemed like ever since I installed Generations, all my sims would ever do is jump about from one foot to the other whilst clapping and cheering. It was severely annoying, what with playing a family of seven sims with the motives static. I think all the idle noises were starting to make me insane. This is a much needed fix!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 3:44 AM
Rainbow_Brite, it is perfectly alright for someone else to come up with the same idea as you for a mod. It is even alright for two people to make the same mod. Unless you have evidence that someone has stolen your files and uploaded them as their own, then there is not an issue. In future, please use the report button if you have a problem with an upload.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 4:20 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 8th Jun 2011 at 7:38 AM. Reason: Removing response to deleted post
Thanks for these, claudia.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 6:46 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 8th Jun 2011 at 7:38 AM. Reason: Removing response to deleted post
thank you for this mod, claudiasharon. thanks for all your useful creations! :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 8:10 AM
You're welcome guys, and thank you for thanking my mods.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 8:56 AM

This happens because your computer isn't having enough power to play Sims 3. I used to have this problem too in the past using my Pentium4 + WinXP computer. Now I have been upgraded to Core i3 + Win7 and everything is smooth (almost all, about 99% all the time).
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 11:43 AM
I don't know exactly what the problem is and whether it's because of Generations or some custom content, but when I installed this, my sims would just freeze and the resetSim command didn't help. I'm fairly sure this is what caused the error cause I just removed the file from my Packages folder and I'm no longer experiencing those problems. I'm not meaning to make it sound like I'm complaining, just wanted to make you and other simmers aware of the possible issue
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Evalyen
I don't know exactly what the problem is and whether it's because of Generations or some custom content, but when I installed this, my sims would just freeze and the resetSim command didn't help. I'm fairly sure this is what caused the error cause I just removed the file from my Packages folder and I'm no longer experiencing those problems. I'm not meaning to make it sound like I'm complaining, just wanted to make you and other simmers aware of the possible issue

Hmm...what did you download/install in your game exactly? If you put in all the files in the post then it would cause problems, but if you just did one of the files it should be fine. Make sure you check for conflicts too with Delphy's Dashboard, as that would point out any mods that conflict with each other.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 2:19 PM
Thank you so much for the No crying baby idles. It was driving me insane. Its like, just take care of the kids needs and they stop crying, sheesh.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 2:26 PM
Thank you! I was getting so annoyed that my sim would start puking any time her house got even a little bit dirty.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 2:32 PM
This is great, thank you so much for making this
Test Subject
#17 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Hmm...what did you download/install in your game exactly? If you put in all the files in the post then it would cause problems, but if you just did one of the files it should be fine. Make sure you check for conflicts too with Delphy's Dashboard, as that would point out any mods that conflict with each other.
Oh no, I only used one file, not all of them. Specifically, the one that was supposed to work on all idles. I checked with DD and it doesn't show up as a conflict. Very confusing...
Inventor
#18 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 5:37 PM
This happens because the game time keeps running while the game prepares the sim for changing their outfit. This will take a certain amount of real time and if you run at high speed in your game time several in-game minutes or even hours can pass.

What I do is pausing the game when they need to change clothes. If you give it enough time, you can unpause, and then the sim will immediately switch into the clothes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 6:02 PM
Thank you so much for these mods. Some of these actions drive me nuts!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 7:17 PM
Thanks for this. There's nothing more annoying than watching a sim mourn the death of a loved one, only to then see them clapping their hands and having a seizure for some inexplicable reason. What on Earth were EA smoking when they thought these annoying idles, complete with ear-shattering screams of "IPPYIPPYDAAAAAAAAAARK!" and "WOOHOOAWOOHOOWOOHOO!" were a good idea?

Someone should take the idiot responsible for those annoying idles, lock them in a darkened room and play these two soundbites on permanent repeat at maximum volume until their ears bleed!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Evalyen
Oh no, I only used one file, not all of them. Specifically, the one that was supposed to work on all idles. I checked with DD and it doesn't show up as a conflict. Very confusing...

Hmm...I can't seem to recreate the problem. Did you try redownloading the file? Sometimes when downloading it doesn't download right and gets corrupted. Alternatively, you could list all your custom content for me and I can go through and see if DD missed something. Also, make sure all of your mods are updated if you have Generations/the latest patch (1.22).
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 12:04 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was getting irritated when my sim-self (whom I made a 4-star leading actress; aiming for 5, wish me luck!) kept making weird noises that made it sound like she was getting it on with her hubby, Matthew Hamming. (Their daughter must be so embarrassed!)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 1:54 AM Last edited by Briesetuts : 9th Jun 2011 at 5:40 AM.
So happy to be able get rid of annoying idles!! I am hoping for an addition that could remove the idle monkey-like behaviour of sims that have the athletic trait and the idles for sims who can flip a tool out of their invisible backpocket just because they have the handiness trait (which looks so wrong when they are in formal). PS: if I have all ep's except WA, can I still use the "remove all" idles version of the mod? Thank for this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 3:21 AM
Thank you so much for these! The crying baby idle was driving me insane (I mean, covering your ears when your kid is crying? thats just really bad parenting). Do you think you can remove the foot tapping animation sims does when they wait for their rout to clear? And possibly the "wrench tossing" idle sims with the handy trait does? It looks so stupid, like they are carrying a wrench around all the time, even at a fancy wedding.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 4:55 AM
And I thought the crybaby idle fix was for rainbow_brite.... well, thanks for these!
Page 1 of 4