Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maxis Match - Kitchen Cabinets (updated for Pets)

by omegastarr82 Posted 10th Jul 2011 at 7:16 PM - Updated 12th Mar 2012 at 7:37 AM by omegastarr82

75 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 7:27 PM
These look wonderful! I don't usually download objects, but I may just have to make an exception.

Edit: I'm a bit confused by the file names, though. Which files do I need if I want only the first two counters shown in your screenshots (and the matching stove hoods, of course)?
Inventor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 7:31 PM
Brilliant! These will get a lot of mileage in my game. Thank you so very much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 8:25 PM
great idea.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 8:35 PM
Great work!!! I was just wondering today why EA didn't include these in the first place, thanks for correcting the mistake! Plus finally a stove hood, yay! And it also resembles my own real life hood, double yay
Do you do requests? I would love to have an overhead version of the Bayside kitchen cabinets from the Sims store. I use that kitchen a lot and because the fridge blends so nicely with the cabinets, the fact that I can't place an overhead one above the fridge makes for a really odd height difference...

Thanks again for all your work!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 8:51 PM
I love that you've gave the stove overhead an actual purpose instead of it just being decorative. Thanks for the great upload.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 9:46 PM
Finally! The overhead cabinets that EA gave us are really useless because they're so close to the counter! And I need a range hood also, could never find one I liked, and then I stumble upon this. Downloading now. You made this old fart really happy!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 10:13 PM
Brilliant idea and execution! Thanks so much for your hard work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 11:39 PM
Thanks so much for these! I love the hood. It looks great and has a purpose.
I was just thinking the other day how great it would be to have cabinets that went all the way to the ceiling. Awesome job! Looking forward to the store cabinets conversions.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 1:14 AM
Where were you and your stove hood a month ago, when I needed it? Good work.

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 1:15 AM
you are aware there's a whole section of overhead cabinets right? granted, yours do look a lot better but you say there isn't any ingame, but there is.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 3:35 AM
Really Nice thank you so much for this
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 3:47 AM
Fan-flippin'-tastic! Love the functional hood too!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 7:29 AM
I love these and have been using them all night, but .... when they are in place over the refrigerator or stove, my Sims cannot use either, so I have to keep moving them back and forth.
Screenshots
Instructor
#15 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyKombucha
you are aware there's a whole section of overhead cabinets right? granted, yours do look a lot better but you say there isn't any ingame, but there is.

I took the creator's comments to mean that there were no cabinets that were designed to go over fridges and stoves.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fxchrfxchr
I took the creator's comments to mean that there were no cabinets that were designed to go over fridges and stoves.

Good point. I was confusticated also.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 3:57 PM
Thank you so much! These look amazing! :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jron7667
I love these and have been using them all night, but .... when they are in place over the refrigerator or stove, my Sims cannot use either, so I have to keep moving them back and forth.

I cannot recreate this. They work fine in my game for both fridges and stoves. Is anyone else getting this?
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 5:59 PM

Fantastic work, they'll go right in my Sim's tiny kitchen. The EA cabinets are alright, but not for a kitchen the size of a bathroom.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 7:58 PM

I saw this thread and wanted to post here as well that I have the same problem. Left a message on your website. I don't know if I have something that conflicts with the invisible script, but that mod never works in my game.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#21 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 8:28 PM

I had the same problem. My Sim won't open the fridge to get food.
Captain Louie
retired moderator THANKS POST
#22 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 8:52 PM
I swear to god I could hug you right now! My game really appreciates this :D
Test Subject
#23 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 9:32 PM
I also have the same problem, fridge and stove are unreachable when an overhead cabinet is placed on top. A sink placed on a counter with an overhead cabinet remains usable. I hope this is fixable because I love them so much, I already edited ALL my NPC houses with overhead cabinets and hoods!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 10:27 PM
Quoting myself to clarify that before posting here last night, I tried every refrigerator and every stove that I have, with these, with the same result. After posting. I tried again- same thing. I have no script mods or anything- in fact, the only CC I have are these and some console tables I got here yesterday too. The Sims continue to act as if the appliances are blocked.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 11:22 PM Last edited by omegastarr82 : 12th Jul 2011 at 4:07 AM.
Ok, will fix tonight. Thanks for the feedback. It should be a simple fix.

I don't know what the problem is, I cannot for the life of me experience the route failure in my game with these. Can someone please tell me if you are or are not experiencing this? The only thing I can say is mod conflict? IDK See my blog for a test package I made that may correct this for some people. http://omegassims3stuff.blogspot.com/ IF this fixes the problem I will update, if not I suggest you check your mods.
Page 1 of 4