Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

See-through Clothing - top with bra and harem pants

by CmarNYC Posted 11th Jul 2011 at 11:15 AM - Updated 11th Jul 2011 at 10:17 PM by CmarNYC

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 11:34 AM
What a interesting idea! Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 11:48 AM
How awesome! It looks so pretty, thanks for working out how to get transparency on meshes, I can't wait to try it out myself too.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 12:19 PM
These look great and the clipping at the knee is minor. Good job.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 12:46 PM
NICE! I can finally do that Arabian Sim I wanted to do!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 3:09 PM
Cool. I really like this. Thanks for making it and sharing it with us.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 6:57 PM
Woah! You did it! This is really interesting and I can't wait to try out as soon as I find better way for custom meshes UV.

Really great job on finding this modding possibility, I am sure many people will make a great use of it!
Thank you!

“One small step for man, one blocked path for sim-kind.” - awtmk@blogspot | S-Club Privée
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 7:24 PM
Great idea, and nice job! Looking forward to trying this idea out too!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 7:27 PM
This is wild Cmar!! Excellent job!!

I'd be interested to learn how to do this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 7:40 PM
if you ever wanted to do another test of transparency meshes, do you think you could do them as a separate? i really LOVE the top and i thought it was just the top at first and i'm not as big of a fan of the bottom as the top. don't get me wrong, the bottoms are awesome, i just don't like them as much as the top.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 8:47 PM
Pants are pretty nice, but shirt would be better if it was an accessory imho
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 9:59 PM
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 10:16 PM
@everyone who wants to try this method of transparency - I made a tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=447671

@sofudgeaswell: The packages are separate - just remove the package for the bottom.

@cheeroke: We're just starting to experiment with transparent accessories, and if that works out I may post an accessory version of both top and bottom.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 1:22 AM
Fantastic!!!!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 3:47 AM
What are the possibilities of getting it just sheer no panties or bra? Thank you very much for the download. Love it.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Powers313
What are the possibilities of getting it just sheer no panties or bra? Thank you very much for the download. Love it.

Well, not on THIS site. I'm thinking of doing some variation of these as accessories which could be used over any underwear - or possibly even the nude top and bottom.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 5:59 PM
WOW!!! This is incredible!!!

I'm just very surprising people can finally do it.

And I was surprising that EA make everything harder if it finally proven to be working. Why didn't just EA make it available from the first beginning?

Thanks CmarNYC to finally solved the puzzle. I can't wait someone made a sheer lingerie. hehehe.......:D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 8:24 PM
you never know when this will come in handy. thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 11:18 PM
:lovestruc *passed out and knocked my head on my own keyboard* :lovestruc This is AMAZING; the PERFECT thing for our Arabian Nights houris! One thing though: can you make a VEIL, too, please? I know there's one at Rose Sims 3, but I mean a head veil, not a face veil. You know, how they'd wear those looong head veils over their hair, and swish it around when they dance? Just a thought! :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 4:12 AM
I could kiss your feet right about now! and this is just the beginning for other transparent stuff. Only thing is that one needs to figure out how to find, add and enable layered accessories so that the Sims can have more stuff just like in the sims 2. Thank you so much, you are a goddess!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 2:21 PM
@murfee: What you describe would work well as hat hair, but I've never done hair. Maybe an accessory, though. Hmm.

@9b8ll: I'm still looking into accessories!
Theorist
#22 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 2:49 PM
also in favour of no-bra version.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 9:20 PM
Oooo! I've seen your avatar, I didn't know till now that you uploaded the mesh. I will take this apart and learn how you did it. I want to make some fru-fru dresses for little girls. Thanks! :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 1:40 PM
Thanks - also see my tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=447671

Which you may have already seen in the CASP forum.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 3:24 AM
I have a pair of the mesh black harem pants in real life from American Apparel that I am obsessed with! Now my Sim can have some too! This is great :]
Page 1 of 2