Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Retro Dining

by mustluvcatz Posted 22nd Jul 2011 at 11:37 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2011 at 4:14 AM by mustluvcatz : added screenie showing the clipping
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 2:05 AM
I always like tacky retro crap. Thanks!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 2:54 AM
@ tacky retro crap! You're welcome and thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 5:07 AM
Even though I don't play Sims 2 anymore, I like seeing what you come out with. I like the fact that this is a low poly set.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 9:32 AM
Very nice use of color and texture. Why not use a stool template so the animation works?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 9:51 AM
One word only : Beautiful ! Thanks a lot for sharing
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 10:11 AM
This is gorgeous, as always. Thank you for sharing these awesome goodies.
Former Hamster
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 4:25 PM
fway: Thank you, that's an awesome compliment. And- low poly ftw! (I've done a lot of playing around in MilkShape lately.)

Josepina: I guess I could have done that, but I do believe I would've had to edit the CRES so sims wouldn't float above the chair. Since the animation is so short and isn't terrible, I just went with what I had. Thanks for the compliment about the color and texture, too. Guess redoing the textures a million times paid off, lol.

Thanks Guardgian and sailfin.. you're welcome.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 10:46 PM
You did piping on the pillows! Yay for details. The blue is so very pretty.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 11:56 PM
I love this!! Thanks MLC!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 1:03 PM
These are "far out". I think a few of the chair colors (the orange and green ones maybe) will go nicely with some of the wallpapers from the IKEA SP. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 12:30 AM
awws these are really cute..love the red one thx!!
Former Hamster
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 6:17 AM
COEG- I learned something with that piping.. while you can add it to the texture (like I did) it's probably a whole lot easier to just add a mesh for it. What a fiddly little bit of texture that was!
Thanks for the comments and you're very welcome! (I'd probably say more but I'm using my "backup" keyboard and it's narrower. Nothing is in the same spot and I keep having to backspace and correct my typos, lol.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 6:26 PM
So cute! x_x Nice colours, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 25th Dec 2011 at 3:08 AM
LOL Elephant leg jeans would be cool
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 7th May 2012 at 7:11 AM
Really cute! Thanks!
Constant Contestant
#17 Old 29th May 2012 at 11:23 PM
This is really sweet, and yes, I remember the 1970's too. The patterns remind me of the 1970's too I had bell bottoms, hotpants, tank tops and long flowing dresses and tiered skirts...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 5:23 AM
These are gorgeous! Such attention to detail and an amazing range of colours - I love the glass tabletops.
I really wish I could have these in my game, but I'm playing Sims 3.
Former Hamster
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 6:46 AM
Thanks for the comments and you're welcome, too.

karen- OMG! Me too!! My favorite pair of pants when I was 9 or 10? Plaid, bell bottom, hip huggers, lol. Crazy pants but I loved them.

RaptureQuinn - if anyone wants to convert this set to Sims 3, they're more than welcome to. Any of my stuff, for that matter. Thanks for the compliment.
Blenderized to Pieces
#20 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 3:50 AM
This is just what my simmies need! Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 3:00 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 10:09 PM
Thank You