Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Consignment Overhaul + Non-Vacation Registers + More!

by Sims MX Posted 2nd Aug 2011 at 5:09 PM - Updated 15th Sep 2013 at 1:56 AM by Sims MX

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 5:35 PM
I wasn't even aware those things weren't included in the consignment register... especially the gnomes. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 7:13 PM
OMG thank you so much for this
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 7:32 PM
Thanks! I am glad someone with talent thought of this! I always felt the consignment shop needed a makeover too!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 12:47 AM
Much like the rest, I have always thought the consignment shop register needed to be 'fixed'. And I always wondered why the WA registers never worked in home worlds. Hopefully those items will be usable now, instead of just sitting there for decoration.
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 4:53 AM
Nice! Glad you fixed those two WA registers. I've been wanting to make an outdoor flea market type lot, and this gives me the motivation to do it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 5:01 PM
Thanks, now I have a reason to go to the Consignment Store, other than just to let my Kleptomaniac Sim rob everything. :P
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 10:09 PM
Is it possible to make furniture consignable? I played a rich sim and wanted him to consign all his furniture so my poor sims could buy their stuff cheap, but found it wasn't possible. For some reason, ever since Generations, calling the repair person to repair junkyard stuff doesn't work for me anymore.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 2:23 AM
I believe it's possible, but that would require a scripting mod. I have not mastered the art of scripting mods yet, so I can't add that feature. If you want to consign more items, check Twallan's Consigner. You won't be able to sell furniture, but at least you'll consign potions, sketches, and other items.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 8:36 PM
Does the WA recipes and food only appear on the consignment register? Because I've placed WA in my hometown Twinbrook and cannot get the WA options.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 9:47 PM
WA recipes will only appear in the consignment register. This mod doesn't touch the food register/book.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 3:08 PM
Thanks, I thought maybe I was doing something wrong or had a conflicting mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 8:01 PM
Thank you for this overhaul, it was much needed!

Could selling sketches be added? My stylist and architects sims would really appreciate that.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
If you want to consign more items, check Twallan's Consigner. You won't be able to sell furniture, but at least you'll consign potions, sketches, and other items.

A stupid question but hey I'm stupid. I've never heard of Twallan's Consigner but can guess from the name what it does. Does your mod thingie conflict with his mod thingie?

Because frankly I do prefer simple mods like yours which only alter a tiny portion of gameplay (much less likely to confuse us casual players), but as others have mentioned I would like to allow my simmies to buy even more stuff from the consignment registers. How come you left the expensive camera out?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 9:07 PM
And THANK YOU MUCHLY for doing this, Sims MX, without this mod I would never even VISIT the consignment store, as the store seems to be useless in it's present state.

Quote: Originally posted by LauraCastellano
Is it possible to make furniture consignable? I played a rich sim and wanted him to consign all his furniture so my poor sims could buy their stuff cheap, but found it wasn't possible. For some reason, ever since Generations, calling the repair person to repair junkyard stuff doesn't work for me anymore.

yeah, it drives me nuts the way sims can't "fix" the salvaged items they find in the junkyard. If they can't fix the junk then what's the point of putting junk in the game??? My eco sim would love to make money fixing stuff to resell in the consignment shop.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 9:00 PM
This mod has been updated to work with the latest patch version (1.26). Some new items were added, but it basically remained the same.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 9:10 PM
This is so cool! Great work!
Instructor
#18 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 1:13 AM
Do you know if your mod conflicts with Twallan's The Register mod??

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 1st Jan 2012 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims MX
This mod has been updated to work with the latest patch version (1.26). Some new items were added, but it basically remained the same.
Thank you for updating, your mod is a must-have; silly ea.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 7:40 AM
Hi there, just something you might want to look into. I discovered with Pets that the General Store and Relics Store registers do work (kinda) in non-vacation worlds. Maybe they changed the .xml for patch 1.26/Pets? But thank you very much for this mod; the expanded items list is great!

Support a hungry coyfox (me!). Buy some wonderful flavored tea: Coy o'Teas

*10% goes to environmental causes*
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 5:43 AM
Wow, what a great idea! I never really had my Sims visit the consignment shops before. Being able to buy relics and other travel goodies, will certainly motivate me to have my Sims spend more time there. Thank you!!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 2:10 PM
This Mod is great! Although, since I have installed this Mod I have never gotten a Soulpeace to appear for sale at the consignment store. Before I installed I would get Soulpeace to appear every once and while. Is Soulpeace still available from the consignment store using this Mod? and one just hasn't appeared for me or is that gem no longer available through the consignment store?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babyliss
Do you know if your mod conflicts with Twallan's The Register mod??

I would also like to know.

Thanks for this great mod.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMCITIZEN4
I would also like to know.

Thanks for this great mod.

i have both and don't have any problems.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 9:10 AM
Works great, thank you! I always hated to cheat or travel to WA worlds to just buy a book.
Page 1 of 3