Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 548 (Who?), Viewed: 143607 times.
Page 22 of 22
Lab Assistant
#526 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 7:43 AM
Here's what my Gen 1 kids look like grown up:

Lab Assistant
#527 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 2:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowstarsinajar
Here's what my Gen 1 kids look like grown up:

I love those long, pointy ears!
Lab Assistant
#528 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 1:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressTiffany
I love those long, pointy ears!

Me too. I'm really happy the heir got them. (But I'm not crazy enough to go for four criteria each time.)
Test Subject
#529 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 8:33 PM
I decided to try this challange, and started off by making my founder, Sansa Ztark. Her husband was one of the pre-made sims, except that I changed his hair to black and eyes to dark brown.

She got pregnant and ended up having twins - one boy with the father's hair and eyes, and one girl that was a heir (with pink hair and pink eyes). After seeing people struggling with getting a heir in this forum, I felt very lucky. Of course I forgot to take pictures of the heir before she grew up, but here she is as a teen and a YA. (Together with her twin brother in the last one) (((she also looked a bit like a frog, but hey, she's a heir, so I guess I can't complain)))

She had gotten pregnant and given birth (to twins, I think), when I managed to delete the game save. While trying to fix some issues I was having with saving. So gen 3 ended up being the last generation for that family. TT__TT R.I.P.

Luckily I was so satisfied with how Sansa Ztark turned out when I was done with her that I saved the sim, so I'm currently on my second try - The same founder and the same husband (although with different traits). They have also gotten twins, a boy with black hair and pink eyes and!!! a female heir. Yay!
Test Subject
#530 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 3:32 AM
I have made a beautiful Sim but when ever she would get pregnant and i would speed the game up to x4 MY game would crash (i also have the 12 hour pregnancy mode that might be the issue?)
Lab Assistant
#531 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 2:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsims
I have made a beautiful Sim but when ever she would get pregnant and i would speed the game up to x4 MY game would crash (i also have the 12 hour pregnancy mode that might be the issue?)

That's probably it. I would uninstall it, and try running it without the twelve hour pregnancy, and see if it continues to crash.
Test Subject
#532 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 2:20 AM
Quote:
That's probably it. I would uninstall it, and try running it without the twelve hour pregnancy, and see if it continues to crash.

thanks if it does not crash should i reinstall it
Lab Assistant
#533 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 3:18 PM
Quote:
thanks if it does not crash should i reinstall it

You could certainly try, as long as it's compatible with your current version of the game.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
24th Mar 2014 at 7:43 PM
This message has been deleted by Octopuss.
Test Subject
#534 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 8:48 PM Last edited by tanginan : 3rd Apr 2014 at 8:59 PM.
hey, just started this challenge, enjoying it. question... [might already be asked, sorry] when using 'random button' to select genetics, can one repeatedly click the random button? or is it one click, accept what is given? thanks ...

oh, also, are using rewards points seen as cheating?
I found the game too easy to get rich etc, so this is awesome.

I also play that the sims can't do anything unless they've saved it in their wish slots or journal/opportunities [makes for a tougher game]... but on birthdays they can choose 1 activity NOT saved as a birthday gift

thanx for this delightful tweak

also, prefer to use clone voucher [only reward sims are allowed to take, only if they are the heir] if no heir, seems too odd if sim can be 'young again'... though sending them to get tattoo's - if saved in wish slot, can have their youth restored but its a gamble thanx again for delightful game play strategy
Test Subject
#535 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 4:46 PM
I'm in the middle of another challenge and don't like to do more than two at a time, so I'm not starting this one quite yet, but it's awesome to see everyone else's progress!

I have a somewhat unrelated question. If a parent has a colorful skin tone (blue, green, etc) is it common for them to have a child with the same color, but a different tone (Lighter or darker)? In a different challenge I had a girl with a very light (almost grey) blue skin tone, and one of her babies turned out dark blue. I thought maybe it could've happened if the other parent was on the darker side of their skin color, but the father was only slightly tan. Not enough to produce the dark blue, I would imagine.

I figured you guys would know the most about genetics and how they work. I'll definitely have to try this challenge! I looove playing with genetics and seeing what looks I can get. It's the main reason I love the 100 baby challenge. So many different genetics!
Lab Assistant
#536 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 4:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindina
I'm in the middle of another challenge and don't like to do more than two at a time, so I'm not starting this one quite yet, but it's awesome to see everyone else's progress!

I have a somewhat unrelated question. If a parent has a colorful skin tone (blue, green, etc) is it common for them to have a child with the same color, but a different tone (Lighter or darker)? In a different challenge I had a girl with a very light (almost grey) blue skin tone, and one of her babies turned out dark blue. I thought maybe it could've happened if the other parent was on the darker side of their skin color, but the father was only slightly tan. Not enough to produce the dark blue, I would imagine.

I figured you guys would know the most about genetics and how they work. I'll definitely have to try this challenge! I looove playing with genetics and seeing what looks I can get. It's the main reason I love the 100 baby challenge. So many different genetics!

I've never tried the challenge with the skin tone, so I can't be sure. If the mother has a light blue, and the father is only slightly tan, I could only suggest it's one of the grandparent's skin tones. If neither of them have parents on the family tree, EA will sometimes throw in some mystery genetics that are supposed to be from grandparents.
If both of them have paler grandparents, then I'm stumped.
Lab Assistant
#537 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 6:06 PM
I would probably chalk it up to EA's mystery grandparents. I don't think that's ever happened to me, it's always been one parent's skin tone and somewhere in between the darkness of both parents (although I have gone from a pale blue parent to a dark blue child, because the other parent was dark-skinned) but I get mystery hair all the time. I have two black-haired parents and their children have blonde and white hair. The white hair makes sense, because one of their grandparents has white hair, but none of the grandparents has blonde hair. EA made the chance of mutation way too high.
Test Subject
#538 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 3:14 AM
Quote:
I've never tried the challenge with the skin tone, so I can't be sure. If the mother has a light blue, and the father is only slightly tan, I could only suggest it's one of the grandparent's skin tones. If neither of them have parents on the family tree, EA will sometimes throw in some mystery genetics that are supposed to be from grandparents.
If both of them have paler grandparents, then I'm stumped.

The mom didn't have grandparents and the grandma of the dad was the same as him so... yeah. Not that I'm complaining. I honestly really like the dark blue! Just was curious of where it might have come from.

The mutated genetics thing would also explain why a different child of a different mother ended up having light violet eyes, an eye color I had saved but no one in this family had. Oh well. At least the mutations I'm getting are ones I like!
Test Subject
#539 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 9:44 AM
I'm currently doing this challenge (in combination with the Midnight Sun challenge) and my founder is currently on her 12th pregnancy. Only one of her kids has the right haircolor, and I think three or four kids have her eyes, but no perfect heir yet. It's great fun though! I just leave the dad and teens to deal with the kids, while my founder goes fishing.

I also thought it was a good idea to give all the kids names starting in J, but I'm almost running out of names... There's James, Jill, Joanna, Jane, Jake, Jonah, Jessica, Jenny, John, Jude and I can't remember the last, lol.
Lab Assistant
#540 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 2:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerstruck
I'm currently doing this challenge (in combination with the Midnight Sun challenge) and my founder is currently on her 12th pregnancy. Only one of her kids has the right haircolor, and I think three or four kids have her eyes, but no perfect heir yet. It's great fun though! I just leave the dad and teens to deal with the kids, while my founder goes fishing.

I also thought it was a good idea to give all the kids names starting in J, but I'm almost running out of names... There's James, Jill, Joanna, Jane, Jake, Jonah, Jessica, Jenny, John, Jude and I can't remember the last, lol.

You could do Jamie, or Jenette. Maybe Jeremiah?
Test Subject
#541 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerstruck

Jewl, Jolie, Julia, Jase, Jason, Jason, Jennette, Jessie, Juliette, Janell, Jay, Jackie, Jada, Jania, Jaiyana ( it means strength), Jasmine, Jean, that is just a few ideas
Lab Assistant
#542 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 3:01 PM
Quote:
Jewl, Jolie, Julia, Jase, Jason, Jason, Jennette, Jessie, Juliette, Janell, Jay, Jackie, Jada, Jania, Jaiyana ( it means strength), Jasmine, Jean, that is just a few ideas

Ooh, Jasmine- that's a good one.
Joss is another one for boys.
Test Subject
#543 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:42 PM Last edited by summerstruck : 13th Apr 2014 at 5:31 PM. Reason: added pictures
Thanks for the name suggestions! I've got my heir now, little Jasmine, the 16th child. She was born just a day before my founder became an elder, so that was lucky!

My founder (in YA state)

And my heir
Test Subject
DELETED POST
13th Apr 2014 at 9:45 PM
This message has been deleted by keepsims.
Test Subject
#544 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 12:12 AM
This is my family

Brook Hart - Founder

Ike Hart - Founder spouse

Ashly Hart (Twin With Lucy) - Hair

Lucy Hart (Twin With Ashly) - None

Luke Hart - None

Issac Hart - Hair

Mitch Hart (Twin With Lanie) - Heir

Lanie Hart (Twin With Mitch) - Heir

The Heirs together

I am going to use Lanie who loves outdoors and insane, and not Mitch because he is evil.
Test Subject
#545 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 10:59 PM
I have a quick question, my heirs are going to age up before their parents die what should I do with the parents when the heirs are YA
Lab Assistant
#546 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 12:05 AM
Quote:
I have a quick question, my heirs are going to age up before their parents die what should I do with the parents when the heirs are YA

You could either move them out, keep them around for raising children/money-making, or you could have them meet an early death.
Lab Assistant
#547 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 9:35 PM
Well i make my male sim but can i make his wife have pink skin and green hair or just he is allowed to have the perfect genetics???
Lab Assistant
#548 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 9:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer4eveer
Well i make my male sim but can i make his wife have pink skin and green hair or just he is allowed to have the perfect genetics???

Only the heir can have the perfect genetics, not the spouse. Otherwise, there's a better chance the child will have the genetics and the challenge becomes far less challenging.
Lab Assistant
#549 Old Yesterday at 7:24 AM
I'm planning of trying this challenge out, but with an added twist.

I'm gonna fuse the challenge along with the Random Legacy and Alphabet Legacy challenges. But Iíll be excluding some of the options in RLC (e.g.: disabling single, step children, mixed single parent and couple, second chance, couple + friend, single parent with double help, full house and number of children) and one rule in Alphabet (you canít marry neither cohabitate with the parent) to make it more interesting.

And since I still have 3 to 4 months to save up for until I can get my new custom computer built, I'm starting to plan my founder or foundress' backstory and genetics. Hopefully I can start working on it soon.

Karnzter's Simming Adventures: A Simblr.

Currently playing Generation Two of the Senna Legacy .

My current system specs and game settings can be found here. CC, mods and Store items are listed here.
Page 22 of 22

Section jump