Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Marble Backsplash Starter Set

by StephSim Posted 19th Sep 2011 at 11:03 AM - Updated 20th Aug 2012 at 6:00 AM by StephSim : Updating the files And Images

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 1:42 PM
These look amazing! Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 2:27 PM
They look great. Can't wait to try them in the game.
Site Helper
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 4:54 PM
Beautiful set!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 5:50 PM
Stunning cant wait to try them in game, thankyou!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 6:44 PM
I see some bath & kitchen makeovers in the VERY near future!!! :lovestruc

These are AMAZING!!! Thank you sooo much!

You know, even though I'm not half bad with a paint brush in hand, I "suck" at making really nice walls for my simmies! HaHaHa!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 6:58 PM
Oh man I've been looking for tile like this forever! Thank you they're beautiful!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 8:38 PM
Awesome set Colors are so beautiful, borders are exactly where it should be that it look nice. Combinations are amazing!!! I am so impressed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 1:29 AM
Nice job. These look beautiful, Steph.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 1:40 AM
This is beautiful....can't wait to use these walls and floors for my sims! Thanks for sharing.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 3:27 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm glad you like.

I'm making 3 more sets of Backsplash Walls with different 3 different color marbles (white, red and tan) and different backsplash tiles. With each set, I get a little better at the tiling. It is a part of my upcoming Walls Superset (which is 3 sets away from being ready to package). This set truly was practice to get it just right!

I wanted a new collection of simple walls that are interelated to design a few non-medieval lots. Thus, necessity typically gives birth to inspiration and ultimately creation!

For now...back to Gwrych. I've got a few shacks to make!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 7:53 PM
I love these! They are the best! Literally, they will probably be in every one of my sims' houses. Thank you SO MUCH!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 7:34 PM
Very nice!

Question: Where can I get those kitchens?! :lovestruc

"I have asked the rocks, but the rocks do not recall. Even the rocks do not recall." -Samos the sage
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 8:57 PM
kitty Thanks. Oh...I just finished creating my "wall superset" bitmaps and will upload them one set at a time as I package them. You won't "have to" use the same set in "every" lot much longer.

4amMist,
Thanks. The "kitchen" will be in my upcoming mansion The House That "Holy Simoly" Built mountain retreat. There are 3 choices (varying from No Custom Content to Fully Loaded) using 3 EPs and M&G only. I just need to photograph the LOADED version and organize the images.

But first Gwrych Medieval Shacks (which I am finishing up as I type this). Then, I will upload the "Holy Simoly" houses and then start uploading the wall/floor superset (which has 18 small sets to upload)...and then Babylon 5 Walls...and then...etc. etc. :giggle: Lots of uploads to share, but at a pace I can endure!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 11:49 PM
Wow, these are beautiful! Thanks so much for taking the time to make this set!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 10:39 PM
Thanks Nik and you are welcomed!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 9:46 PM
I know a lot of hard work went into this set. It really is beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 2:53 PM Last edited by StephSim : 14th Apr 2012 at 7:39 PM.
Thank you for the compliment carmelliadunn.

The first set was horrid, as I was focused on finding the proper height for the backsplash and creating a pattern for the walls. It was really an experiment. Then, after playing with the original set in-game for a bit, I decided to try something different with the grouting and edges. The other trick was killing repeating patterns in marble textures as much as possible by rotating and using pieces that are not so "busy". Some repetition is unavoidable. But, the end results are nice.

I am in the process of completing a Basic Set of walls. I have 8 more sets (out of 18) of walls to package properly before uploading. There are 3 more sets of marble backsplashes in the upcoming collection (3 different colours). So, I must get these walls finished so I can use them for future projects without hunting for such things.

Take care and do enjoy the walls.

UPDATE: April 2012
Here is a link to my Basic Wall Superset, uploaded to Sims 2 Artists a while ago! It includes 3 more Marble Backsplash sets and various Basic Print and Wood Sets as well for your modern decorating convenience. Do enjoy all the downloads!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 4:01 AM
So pretty thanks Steph. :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 7:30 PM
Thank you ! :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 7:59 PM
Thank you, SimFused and you are most welcomed Bronislaw!
**********************************************************************************************************************************
UPDATE: April 2012
Here is a link to my Basic Wall Superset, uploaded to Sims 2 Artists a while ago! It includes 3 more Marble Backsplash sets and various Basic Print and Wood Sets as well for your modern decorating convenience. Do enjoy all the downloads!

~*~Stephanie~*~