Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

NCI - Brown Roof UFO

by d_dgjdhh Posted 19th Oct 2011 at 1:30 AM - Updated 17th Mar 2019 at 11:55 PM by d_dgjdhh

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Inventor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 3:15 AM
Awesome!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 3:21 AM
Wow! Very futuristic! I like it, especially the inside of the building! Thanks for sharing!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:04 AM
Love it! It's so different!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:20 AM
Very creative!
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 8:06 PM
Thanks for the compliments folks. Had this UFO for some time. Made last minute changes on the roof and removed custom content prior to uploading.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 10:57 PM
You know, if you took away the columns it would float.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 8:46 AM
Superb design, thanks!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#9 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:35 PM
Roundness . . . I don't know how you did it, but it looks amazing. Congratulations on a very creative lot!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 8:44 PM
This lot looks like a way cool tourist attraction! I know I'd want to visit.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by triciamanly
Roundness . . . I don't know how you did it, but it looks amazing. Congratulations on a very creative lot!
Thanks. Roundness works with round roofs. And large lots, lol.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:05 AM
Haha, that's a crazy lot. It looks very cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 9:34 AM
Wow! Wish my house was Like that haha
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 2:28 AM
Very very creative and impressive, the placement of the walls must have taken awhile!
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 5:03 AM
Well, the outer rims, yeah. The inside is pretty much symmetrical, so thankfully it was easier.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 8:58 AM
Thanks! It's so creative!
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 11:06 PM
Sure thing, Tvarja. You're welcome.

See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 8:58 PM
I turned it residential and love to live in it! Perfect, beautiful!!!
Theorist
#19 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 10:04 AM
I've made my share of "round" houses, including a Sims2 version of this one, and I have to say the outside walls are easy. It's just a repetitive zig-zag pattern. Time consuming, perhaps, especially several floors high, which probably meant you built the walls from the ground up, but not particularly hard.
That said, I know what was really hard - the roof. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you CFE'd it at ground level, right? Maybe laid out a pattern on the ground?
I tried that once and, yes, it was hard. There are many clicks to be counted - hundreds, if not a thousand or more, who knows. Mine was nowhere near as big as this and I gave up on it eventually. Just wasn't worth the effort for me.
Unless you did it differently.
And that dome in the middle as a finishing touch looks good. It's hard to find an aesthetically pleasing use for those ugly domes.

I also agree with a previous poster that the columns detract from the overall effect. Three really large columns made from wall sections would probably look better, but maybe you ran out of wall sections - that happened to me once.
Anyway, heck of a creation.
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 1:13 AM
Hi ScaryRob,

I did not use the CFE cheat in order to making the wall & floor areas. The three-floor columns helped to make that 4th floor area.

I made the round look using those columns. Then laid out the floor on the 4th floor. Then placed the walls.

I didn't think about making walls as columns at the time (at least I don't think it ever crossed my mine).

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 6th May 2017 at 6:26 PM
Excellent lot, thank you! Will work great as a "mother-ship". :)