Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Castaway/Shipwrecked Set Part 3: Pets Patch Compatible!

by lhawk07 Posted 25th Oct 2011 at 6:39 AM - Updated 21st Nov 2011 at 4:03 PM by lhawk07 : reuploading stove

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 8:12 AM
What an innovative collection you have going here

As for your counter problem, that can be avoided by exporting and installing it in .sims3pack form.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 8:24 AM
i was just wondering wear i could get a camp fire for my homeless cowboy sim today, and here it is!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 10:26 AM
Another cute castaway set - this is making me want to create a nice deserted tropical island world for my simmies!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphead
What an innovative collection you have going here

As for your counter problem, that can be avoided by exporting and installing it in .sims3pack form.

I read that somewhere when I was trying to research a solution but when I tried installing the pack (with the launcher) it didn't show up in the game. I wonder since they upgraded the workshop if it will work now...?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
Another cute castaway set - this is making me want to create a nice deserted tropical island world for my simmies!
Me too! I wish I could create worlds :-( LOL!
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lhawk07
Me too! I wish I could create worlds :-( LOL!

Your items are wonderful for the island I made for my sims, maybe I'll upload that.

LOVE the fire pit! and the counters!

I'm getting some sort of script error when my sim tries to use the stove, but I'll test it more later.

Thank you much for these and your other two sets, and for the modifications you made. Many of your items are now installed on my little primitive island
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
Your items are wonderful for the island I made for my sims, maybe I'll upload that.

LOVE the fire pit! and the counters!

I'm getting some sort of script error when my sim tries to use the stove, but I'll test it more later.

Thank you much for these and your other two sets, and for the modifications you made. Many of your items are now installed on my little primitive island

Hmmm... I will look into that. I am not getting an error so I am not sure where that lies or what needs to be changed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 9:39 PM Last edited by KatlynnMcCain : 25th Oct 2011 at 9:40 PM. Reason: Forgot Information
If you guys want a island/ruins type island here is a link for one : http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=4720546 : I use it all the time for stranded stories.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 11:39 PM
This is another GENIUS creation by you!! And I love the way you redid the fridge--swoon! *lovestruc* I was just talking to a friend of mine about how what I miss the most from TS2 was Castaway and Makin Magic--you're my hero!
Eminence Grise
#11 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 1:55 AM
I LOVE this set

One small comment: Misc Decor is already a pretty crowded category, and we now have a better way to organise our stuff. Turns out collections are shareable, so if you just make a collection file with your items in it, people can download that with the items (they would have to put it manually into their collections folder).

Of course, people can easily create their own collections with your set, so it's not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't thought of it
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I LOVE this set

One small comment: Misc Decor is already a pretty crowded category, and we now have a better way to organise our stuff. Turns out collections are shareable, so if you just make a collection file with your items in it, people can download that with the items (they would have to put it manually into their collections folder).

Of course, people can easily create their own collections with your set, so it's not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it in case you hadn't thought of it

I was wondering if collections were shareable because I was thinking the same thing about the category being crowded. Cool!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KatlynnMcCain
If you guys want a island/ruins type island here is a link for one : http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=4720546 : I use it all the time for stranded stories.

YES! Thank you!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 11:11 AM
More and more awesome! Thanks for all your hard work :-)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 1:45 PM Last edited by noxnoxnox : 27th Oct 2011 at 7:46 AM.
Some of my clone counters have that annoying problem too. I think you could use the newest S3OC to fix it. But other than that, your set is wonderful.
This one works as 1 item for me: http://www.mediafire.com/?a94ab8rb89d70fx#1
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 11:07 AM
why does the dashboard report that the wilson volleyball conflicts with all your items from set 1-3 as well as the rock counter conflicting with the sink?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by streetstar5
why does the dashboard report that the wilson volleyball conflicts with all your items from set 1-3 as well as the rock counter conflicting with the sink?
The dashboard shows conflicts with items made by the same creator. I am not sure why. There is an article about it here http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2...-dashboard.html. They are completely conflict-free when used together :-)
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 1:05 AM
Wheres the clothes?
Hey thank you for all three sets, but where did you get the outfit your Sim is wearing?

Be A Leader Not A Follower, Live Outside The Box!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kentuckyfriedsims
Hey thank you for all three sets, but where did you get the outfit your Sim is wearing?

I made that too and submitted it and hopefully it will be on here soon. Crossing my fingers.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 1:38 AM
Awesome! I suppose it is a bit late to suggest putting something that looks like burning embers in or around the oven/stove thing.

For the sink, have you considered having a rock with a basin in it like a sink but where the water appears to be flowing up from a natural fountain?

That would probably be a pain to mesh though. I remember something (I think from Sims 2) that was CC and it was a sink at the bottom end of a large rock with a small waterfall.

Thank you so much for taking the time to create these and share them!
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 5:45 PM
I really loved all your items from castaway and I used them in my game. But the stove doesn't work for me. My sims starts cooking and puts the pan on the stove and then it turns up on the floor and she stops cooking.And does the fridge suppose to open up, mine doesn't.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikee
I really loved all your items from castaway and I used them in my game. But the stove doesn't work for me. My sims starts cooking and puts the pan on the stove and then it turns up on the floor and she stops cooking.And does the fridge suppose to open up, mine doesn't.
Hmmm. I wonder why...do you have pets and/or the new patch?
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 2:07 AM
Yes I have Pets and the Patch.I removed all my custom items and mods before I patched and slowly put some updated items back. Everything worked fine.No problems. Only my Pets have no fluff.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mikee
Yes I have Pets and the Patch.I removed all my custom items and mods before I patched and slowly put some updated items back. Everything worked fine.No problems. Only my Pets have no fluff.

I wonder if anyone else is having any problems? Mine is working fine. When did you download it? At first, I had a couple problems and had to fix the upload but it's been fixed since. I was just wondering if you might have downloaded it back when it was near the patch release.
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 2:56 AM
Yes I downloaded it rightaway.Maybe that's it. I will download it again and try it out later. It's time for my supper and watching TV. Thanks for your reply.
Page 1 of 2