Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 7:48 AM Last edited by justJones : 10th Feb 2014 at 6:38 PM.
Default The Cat Clan Challenge - Survive in the wild!
It is recommended you have read at least one of the books in the 'Warriors' series by Erin Hunter, which this challenge was based on, before trying this challenge.

Create a young adult sim, any way you like. The last name of your sim should be Warriors and the first should be ___Clan, filling the blank with the word of your choice (for example a sim's full name could be 'FireClan Warriors') This sim only exists so you can play as your cats, and so you know the name of your clan.

Create two adult cats, one male, one female. These are your leaders. Both should have 'star' at the end of their name (for example, Smokestar and Cloudstar). Both cats MUST have the following traits: Adventurous, Hunter, Independent. Do not give your cats collars, and do not make them mates or siblings.

Move your starting clan into any lot. Put the sim inside the house and lock the door for everyone, so your cats and sim will not have contact with each other. Make sure your sim cannot age, but your cats can. I use Story Progression to disallow aging on particular sims.

Buy the cheap dog house. This is purely for mating. Do not use it for anything else.

Give your cats one hunting skill point each via Master Controller. This is so they can hunt for food without having to learn from a sim.

Now your cats must survive in the wild.

Each pair of cats may only mate ONCE. If you don't get a kit with one of your founders' traits, game over! Name all of your kits something that ends in 'kit' (for example: Redkit) and give them one hunting point each.

If you get a kit with at least one of your founders' traits, keep playing. They will be one of your new leaders when your old ones die. If your cat had multiple kittens with the traits your need, pick whichever one of them you want to be future leader. When your kits reach adulthood, rename them to a two part name, such as 'Redtail', which shows your kits are now full fledged warriors!

If you meet a stray cat, you can choose to fight or befriend them. The latter is recommended because you can recruit new warriors this way! If one of your cats befriends a stray, you may add them to your household using Master Controller. Don't forget to give the new warrior a two part name!

Added 10/26/11: Strays can be difficult to find sometimes, so you shouldn't have to rely on them to be a mate for your heir. This is where your sim can come in handy. Use your sim to adopt an adult cat from the shelter. When the cat arrives, give them a two part name and you now have your new warrior and mate for your heir!

Once your previous leaders die, they are with StarClan, and your heir is the new leader! Rename your heir to have 'star' after their name ('Redstar') and if your new leader has a mate, rename them as well!

The challenge ends if you fail to reproduce a kit with at least one of your founders' traits, or if all of your cats die.

This may work for dogs and horses too, though I haven't tried. Have fun making a clan, and I'd love to see pics!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 9:19 AM
Actually you don't need master controller. Cats can teach themselves hunting using one of the toys from the pet toy box object. Other than that, love it, was hoping someone was going to do something with that idea.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Actually you don't need master controller. Cats can teach themselves hunting using one of the toys from the pet toy box object. Other than that, love it, was hoping someone was going to do something with that idea.

Ah yes, I just thought MC would be an easier way to do it.
Glad you like it! I'm playing it right now and I have to say it's pretty hard. My cats just won't stay full :P
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 9:36 AM
Yeah, I noticed with the horses it's pretty much impossible to keep them green across the board for any amount of time. Definitely possible to keep them alive, though.

In some ways you may have it harder here. The only way cats can get food in the wild is hunting/fishing, right? If all else fails horses can just graze basically anywhere.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 1:09 AM
I updated the rules a bit. Now you don't need to find strays.

And yes, cats are harder. Kits can't even hunt, so the adults have to bring them food. It's doable though. My two kits survived.
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 9:30 PM
What are the rules about fleas? Let them be or can the cat get a bath?

And I'm guessing they can't purchase any lifetime rewards?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 8:55 AM
It seems to me the eating of wild animals might need some tweaking. A 7-8 pound cat that eats a 33 pound (15 kg) fish should not still be hungry.
Scholar
#8 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 11:30 PM
The dogs might be even harder. They can eat vomit (eww) but I don't know what else they could hunt.

thepantherprincess: Scientifically speaking, a 7-8 pound cat that eats a 33 pound fish should not still be ALIVE.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:38 AM
The amount of hunger restored when eating prey sounds like something that can very easily be tweaked in an xml mod.
I think I'll snoop around in the files now actually in lack of better things to do.

[Edit] Aha! Found it
Its in the CatHuntingComponent+CatchPrey xml file.
If anyone is interested I can upload a modded package for it?
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 4:15 AM Last edited by Nekonyami : 2nd Nov 2011 at 4:26 AM.
No baths or lifetime rewards.
And I guess dogs are out of the question then until someone comes out with a hunting mod :/
KajaB: I like the idea of the mod, but I'll play without it for now to make the game more challenging.
Feel free to upload it though for anyone who wants to use it
Scholar
#11 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 9:02 PM
For the record, this IS possible with dogs. Dogs can eat seeds on the ground, therefore if you learn where the spawners are, you have a food source.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 12:59 AM
stray dogs come up and eat my sims tomatoes, maybe dogs with certain traits can eat garden plants? i hope it's not only strays, it could well be only certain plants though. worth looking into if someone really wants too, i'd like to do a family of dingoes, but i suck at modding, so i'd never be able to figure out how to force it to work.

i think i am going to make a crazy lady with a pack of dingoes though... if i find out anything great, i'll let you know, you may need to have your human garden, but thats it, might be worth it to someone who really wants that pack of wild dogs.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 2:14 AM
OooOooOoo.. this sounds really fun!

What is the BEST world to play this in?!

I'm, so playing this now, teehee!
Scholar
#14 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ephy

Appaloosa Plains, by far. It's the only one designed for animals.
Scholar
#15 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 1:11 AM
This looks really cool, but I have a hard time with challenges, for some reason...
I <3 the Warriors series! I'm going to be so sad when Firestar dies...

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Instructor
#16 Old 4th Dec 2011 at 4:45 AM
I'm glad to know that there's a challenge for this. I've been doing this for a while (I'm usually lenient with the breeding. I can see them constantly breeding). Might try it with your rules but change the breeding. Lol
Field Researcher
#17 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 12:17 AM
ok my pet dogs can eat the tomatoes, but as so far only the tomatoes. if you unlock buydebug and keep planting tomatoes and have the human at least do minimal gardening, but try to keep them from harvesting, dogs ought to be able to eat without a food bowl. if you have cats too, have then "present to" someone, and a dog can swoop in and eat the "treasure" i have a hard time keeping them from doing that in other families.

i got distracted from this family, but i ought to go back and try it again
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 8:07 PM Last edited by Sims3&4Forever : 18th Jul 2013 at 2:28 PM. Reason: For it to make more sense :D
This Is Awsome!!
I'm still trying, although I accidently mated twice O_O but yeah stuff I did:
I don't use mods, I make my cats pounce to learn the hunting skill.When my kitten grew up (Greykit) he was like level 6 In hunting skill 0_0
I lived away from my sim trying to stop Bluestar and Cloudstar from going home. Now, I make my sim live in a changed area with everything she needed to survive with. My cats live where I made their place, the place were Unicorns go. My cats never talk with anyone though.
BEFORE I FOUND A KITTYPET!!! I attacked the kittypet and chased it. I had one kit first litter he was Greykit (now Greyfur) and the other two.....forget the names but I still think THIS IS AWSOME!!

Thanks for making this!!!!

~Thanking Nyami~
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 8:12 PM
Default Reply To Ephy
Quote: Originally posted by Ephy

Im thinking a custom world with no lots. Make your sim(s) trapped somewhere with everything they need to survive with a fence/wall around them. Then you play as your cats. That's how I'D play, although I choose appaloosa plains still that's how id do it

~This was MY opion. Others have different ones. I might be breaking some rules 0_0
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 8:52 PM
I tried it with dogs. It is kind of hard, because I have a garden to keep them alive but, what about in winter? They kind of all die unless they stock up.
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Jul 2013 at 10:27 PM
Dogs can drink from ponds, and drinking from a pond fills of the hunger bar.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 12:54 AM
I just noticed that with my cat profile. lol. My dogs had no pond.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 9:19 PM
You can't have two leaders in a clan. -_-
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 11:10 AM
Oh yeah, and you missed one thing about the Sim. Your Sim is the only one who can name your kits.
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims3&4Forever
Im thinking a custom world with no lots. Make your sim(s) trapped somewhere with everything they need to survive with a fence/wall around them. Then you play as your cats. That's how I'D play, although I choose appaloosa plains still that's how id do it

~This was MY opion. Others have different ones. I might be breaking some rules 0_0

If you have supernatural you could use that world
Page 1 of 2