Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampire - Bloody Meals - Updated to 1.48

by Diriel Posted 13th Nov 2011 at 6:54 PM - Updated 30th Jan 2013 at 12:12 PM by Diriel

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 55 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 7:16 PM
I thought that ''Vampire'' was a model, i want him!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 7:24 PM
interesting modification, but it takes time to appear the makeup, and is it recolorable??
Upload the model!!!PLEASE!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by symcrap
interesting modification, but it takes time to appear the makeup, and is it recolorable??
Upload the model!!!PLEASE!!

The time it takes to apply is what I'm working on for the next version. (Also pre 1.26 compatibility.) The makeup included is recolor-able, but it's hidden from CAS as the mod would just remove it from any vampires that is was applied to, so I hid it to lessen confusion. You could either edit the CASP file in the package to change the preset color, or I could make a couple of different color flavors, any requests?

As for uploading the model, I'll try to get round to it shortly.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 9:30 PM
Awesome idea i love this mod!!!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 9:33 PM
Oh wow, this is amazing. It's so creative.

For color requests, I have a couple:

Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#7 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 9:54 PM
WOW. I had no idea something like this was even possible! What a wonderful mod, I now have a strong urge to make my blood splatter makeup set from way back to function with this... Ah, all the gore... Awesome job, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 10:20 PM
This is a really awesome idea.
If you make recolors of it, I think Birdyfly's darker red color looks good.
Thanks!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
WOW. I had no idea something like this was even possible! What a wonderful mod, I now have a strong urge to make my blood splatter makeup set from way back to function with this... Ah, all the gore... Awesome job, thank you!

Thanks. This actually makes me laugh a little. The last thing I did was make a new makeup, all through the scripting I was testing with your Drain makeup.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 11:15 PM
I agree that the darker red would look better since the bright red might look too cartoonish. It's up to you though on what you think will be best. This and the vampire killer mod, my vampires in the game are actually interesting.
Instructor
#11 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 11:19 PM
Wow, an idea like this never even crossed my mind, this is great! Makes alot of sense for this to happen after a vampire has bitten another sim, good job!
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 11:47 PM
it´s not work on Version: 10.0
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katha23
it´s not work on Version: 10.0

Hmm. The legacy package is showing up as 57.8kb, but I measure it as 57.7kb. I think I may have accidentally put the 1.26+ package in both 7zips. =/
I'll reupload the 1.24 version to make sure. Check back in a few minutes, if the file size is different, try again. (Failing that, I'm afraid I don't have libraries from that far back to debug with.)
(Also, I didn't think LateNight worked on a version that low? Unless you're giving me your pets version. In which case, it should work fine. O.o)

--Edit
Re-uploaded the legacy version. MTS still displays it was 57.8, so it probably was right the first time.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 8:06 AM
Diriel,
are you wanting other suggestions as well outside of the colors? If so, there is another thing I thought of.

Maybe for the victim, you can add a temporary bite mark overlay to the wrist/neck that has a similar effect as the blood.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
Diriel,
are you wanting other suggestions as well outside of the colors? If so, there is another thing I thought of.

Maybe for the victim, you can add a temporary bite mark overlay to the wrist/neck that has a similar effect as the blood.

Yes, suggestions other than recolors are helpful. I hadn't actually thought of bloodying up the victim. Not a bad idea, I will research a way to detect where they were bit. Should I be successful, I'll add it in.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 3:04 PM
I am so glad you figured out how to do this. This is definitely going to be one of my most favorite mods. Thanks for sharing!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 4:08 PM
I just realized that I never posted as a "thanks" for making this. Thank you so much for making this.
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 10:58 PM
I absolutely love this idea, but I have a question. I already have a few blood spatter make ups, is there a way to make it so that the mod uses one of those instead? If not, I understand
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lippir5
I absolutely love this idea, but I have a question. I already have a few blood spatter make ups, is there a way to make it so that the mod uses one of those instead? If not, I understand

Yes, read tuning instructions on the main thread. Just open your makeup's package, find the CASP file in there and enter it into the tuning file. Then it'll use what you put it.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 2:20 AM
Oh wow, this is great! Finally, the Sims 3 can have some form of content that doesn't make EA look like they're making a childrens game xD

Quote: Originally posted by symcrap
I thought that ''Vampire'' was a model, i want him!!!

I'm not sure about his skin or piercing, but his hair is from The Sims 3 Store, so make sure you have a few simpoints before he's uploaded
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 5:36 PM
That's awesome, thanks for the mod. And I was wondering, could you make acne for teenagers appearing randomly on their faces like in the sims 2? It would be cool, anyway, it's just a request.
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 5:28 AM
Its a wonderful mod, but i had a problem.
When every my normal sims took a shower a message would pop up saying something like clean active or something.(sorry if its not specific enough)
It would also keep posting untill they got out of the shower.
Is there any way to fix it?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesimsmaster3
That's awesome, thanks for the mod. And I was wondering, could you make acne for teenagers appearing randomly on their faces like in the sims 2? It would be cool, anyway, it's just a request.

Good idea ! with a bad moodlet, the contrary of the one when you look an admire yourself in the mirror...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vampireelf
Its a wonderful mod, but i had a problem.
When every my normal sims took a shower a message would pop up saying something like clean active or something.(sorry if its not specific enough)
It would also keep posting untill they got out of the shower.
Is there any way to fix it?

Totally my bad. I was in such a rush to get the last version out that I left a bunch of debug in. New version has it removed. Also lighter color variant.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 12:12 AM
Wow, i thought i was the only one who thought that...THANKS!!
Page 1 of 4