Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fallingwater at Bear Run - CC LOADED Version

by StephSim Posted 28th Nov 2011 at 1:37 PM - Updated 11th Dec 2011 at 12:55 AM by StephSim

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 2:31 PM
This is absolutely amazing. I wish my graphics card would allow me to create lots like this, but I have to stick to small ones! I love your kitchen/dining area and could quite happily live here myself!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 5:23 PM
Truly magnificent!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 6:39 PM
I live quite close to Falling Water and I've visited often in every season of the year. It's absolutely my favorite piece of architecture. You've done a fabulous job recreating the home in TS2.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 8:45 PM
Wow. This is really impressive. Great job!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Nov 2011 at 9:03 PM
WOW Steph!!!!
Another AMAZING work of art!!!
Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 3:18 PM
LadyAngel
I guess that is one aspect of having better graphics capabilities I take for granted...building bigger lots I mean. My graphic card horror stories forced me to get something better for Simming because I couldn't play the game without static and madness going on. In a way, having the ability to build bigger lots was a bonus! Of course, it is a bit flawed though as bigger lots (with or without the CC) tend to make for slower game play in general.

Zirconia Wolf,
Thanks.

Raynuss, I appreciate the compliment. While I've never been to Fallingwater (or Pennsylvania), I tend to focus on capturing the "essence" of real buildings. The scaling on this house in Sims 2 was/is a bit tricky given the limits. I want people to look at my design and immediately know the source of inspiration (especially with the exterior). And of course during game play, my desire is to evoke the "feeling" of being there. Enjoy the lot(s)!

Camping Stove
Thanks for the compliment.

G-Knee
Thanks my friend and you are welcomed. I giggled at the lot being a work of art. With this one, that is exactly how I see it. In many ways, if I am recreating actual places (especially on big lots), they quickly become works of art! Fallingwater definitely falls in that category that moves beyond creating a house.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Inventor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 12:01 AM
It's beautiful. *-*
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 1:40 PM
Thanks Saturnfly!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 10:29 PM
Wow! You did an amazing job on this lot! I love both the interior and especially your stunning landscaping you did on the outside. Really beautiful, ALL of it!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 1:24 AM
Thanks TheSimsWorldSims. The interior was mainly replica inspiration looking at the original house (as seen in the link). The exterior was like icing on the cake and there are so many items (like the waterfall, the rock collection by nengi and the various terrains) that make landscaping totally worth it. I appreciate the compliments.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 5:33 AM
Stephsim, I've been looking forward to seeing this lot and it is everything I imagined. I'm just amazed at the huge amount of work that went into it and then to create a no cc version is really above and beyond! You've recreated the real Falling Water. I wish Frank Lloyd Wright could see it. And thanks so much for the little credit, it was so kind of you! Many congratulations on the wonderful work of art!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 4:09 PM
Thank you and you are welcomed!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 9:40 AM
Jackpot~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 19th Dec 2011 at 10:36 PM
This is so beautiful, fabulous job
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 11:32 PM
I too have visited Falling Water when I lived in PA. Thank you for this, it looks wonderful!!!! :D

You're too talented for words, you have no idea how jealous I am!

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th Dec 2011 at 11:52 PM
hehehe, I posted that before I got ALL the way through reading about the house and all the details.... You reeeally outdid yourself! This is so fabulous that I cannot express.

Thank you for all your hard work! I'm going through all the details again now before I download! :D

THANKS!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Dec 2011 at 3:05 AM
Zenoxen, enjoy the download(s).

Msmadgal, Thanks.

kpaja17, Two posts in one day! Seriously, thank you for the compliments. Now...go play in the lot and see if the monstrous house lives up to all the praise you bestowed upon me!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 11:04 PM
This looks very much like the real thing! Amazing job! We should probably call you "Steph Lloyd Wright"
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 7:29 PM

Thanks MrLinkyXD. It was a fun building project. During the process, I literally felt like Wright's design sense for this house was in my head!

Do enjoy the lot!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th May 2012 at 1:51 PM
This is masterpiece of replication. Thank you for all the background information, it adds so much to the enjoyment of this incredible lot creation. You always astound! hugz
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th May 2012 at 6:08 PM
Thanx Nonni! I almost missed your comment. I appreciate your support.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 5:16 AM
beautiful
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 18th Apr 2013 at 5:51 PM
Thank you classic! Enjoy the lot.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Page 1 of 2