Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 3650 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 9:01 PM
Default Saved my game in China, now lagging horribly
I have a problem similar to that of this thread: Herky jerky latenight huggermugger
Or at least that's what I suspect. It is because of a recent save in the game that this is caused.

So, my Sims found themselves vacationing in China, and I was playing the game for hours straight. The process got up to about 1.3GBs of my RAM. Despite knowing that, I saved it in with all of that game lag (as a lot of work had been done) and now, whenever a sim is about to perform an action, it takes up to 10 seconds before the sim unfreezes and performs the action. This happens while the sim is doing anything, even WALKING. It is so incredibly frustrating.
I know that's my fault. I never learn. _

So, as the thread I linked to above suggested, I did download and install Twallan's Overwatch Mod, but even with the new framework installed, the prompt isn't showing up, and I have no idea if it's doing its thing or not. When I installed and restarted the game, it did show mild signs of improvement, but not enough to make the game tolerable.

I highly doubt this notion, but will my problem be fixed if I end my China vacation early and return home? My other saved games don't have the incredible sim-action lag problem (thankfully!) but the rotate camera buttons will not rotate the camera angle unless clicked multiple times, and that's for any saved game.

Is there any way to fix this and still keep my saved games? Thank you.

I have Late Night (patch v6.1.11) currently installed.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 9:46 PM
I gave in and sent them home, as much as I didn't want to, but everything works as it did before, albeit a little lag. It is playable now, though.

The only problem I am still having is that my scrollers are still slow. I am hoping that patching the game will fix this. *crosses fingers*
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 10:11 PM
I am having this problem across all three travel locations. I only have Fast Lane and World Adventures installed and I still haven't figured out what causes this lag. I didn't experience this until I installed World Adventures and not then until after I had made my first trip. I am also experiencing game crashes that I did not have prior to installing this EP that are unexplained. This happens both while traveling and while at home.
Eminence Grise
staff: retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 9:35 PM
Frequent hangs in the Sims, which especially tend to occur in travel destinations, are usually due to NPC sims getting stuck in unroutable locations, of which there are many in these maps. The game hangs while it tries to find a way out for them.

There are two solutions. One is to download and install EllaCharm3D's fixed worlds, here: http://www.modthesims.info/d/450569 . The other is to use a mod that will reset stuck sims. The best way to do this used to be to use Twallan's Master Controller to reset all sims in the town and send them home. Recently, however, a "stuck" function has been added to his Overwatch mod which will detect stuck sims and reset them nightly. Twallan's mods can be found here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ , and you'll find good support for their functionality on the discussion pages there.

Twallan also has a "Traveller" mod that fixes a number of other travel-related bugs as well as adding a lot more functionality to travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooBoo
I am also experiencing game crashes that I did not have prior to installing this EP that are unexplained. This happens both while traveling and while at home.

If fixing the other problems you mentioned doesn't resolve your crashes, you should try the FAQs under the Help menu for solutions, and if those don't work, visit the Help Q+A forums.

Section jump