Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 8:04 PM Last edited by Amiisay : 13th Jun 2015 at 4:30 AM.
100 Baby Challenge
Though I did see rules to this when the game first came out, the rules were more directed toward sims 2 rather than sims 3 and didn't really work very well.

Requirements

Sims 3 base game

Goal

Your goal is to have 100 babies in as few generations as possible with as many men you can and without using cheats.

Getting Started
  • Create a female Sim with any traits you want (Neat, Artistic, Hopelessly Romantic, Flirt, Family oriented are GREAT to start with)
  • You may choose to move her onto an already made house and expand later or start on an empty lot
  • Now you need to send your sim out to MEET GUYS!

Rules
  • Your founder may only leave the house to complete opportunities and meet men. She may not have a job.
  • Infants may be aged up immediately if you wish
  • Toddlers can be aged up as soon as they can walk, talk, and use the potty, but not before. If you don't get these done, you must wait for the game to age them up (same goes for Children and teens.)
  • Children and Teens may be aged up once they have an A in school and you get the message about your child reaching Honor Roll.
  • Teens may get a part-time job to help out.
  • Young adults may be moved out immediately or you can wait, but they cannot get a full-time job while living in the house
  • You may hire a maid, but you have to stop them from helping with toddlers (changing diapers, feeding, etc.)
  • You may not use Apples or Watermelon to determine the gender of a baby.
  • You may not choose traits for any Sim except the founder (trust me, my 2nd generation mom hated Art)
  • The last girl to be born from the founder will continue the challenge.
  • Your founder may not get married while living in-house.
  • Your founder may be moved out as soon as she is an elder to make room, as long as there is another adult sim in the house.
  • If you manage to not get a girl, obviously the challenge is failed. That's the only way you can really fail.
  • You may not use any cheats, except for to reset a sim if needed.
  • Fertility treatment is GOOD! USE IT!
  • Once you've had children with a man, you may not use him again for offspring.
  • Your sim may never hire a babysitter. You have to wait until other children are old enough to take care of it.
  • EDIT You may not send your children to Boarding School, as the school takes care of the child which repeals the point.

Tips

- REPUTATIONS SUCK! Once your reputation gets to naughty, sims stop wanting to come over, making life extremely difficult. I would suggest making the baby daddy a boyfriend before you do anything with him to try and avoid that.

- Use your teens! Teens can help out with children and get part-time jobs to bring in the extra money to expand. If a teen is artistic, make sure to expand that skill so that they can bring in money while they live in-house! Making the founder artistic really helps. I'm on the fourth generation and we're still living off of money from the first generation.

- Sometimes you get babies that are the genetic clone of their mom, and when you're constantly having kids, it gets really old really quickly. Though the youngest girl should normally carry it on, but obviously your happiness is more important and it's okay to use a different girl at that point.

My Sims 3 baby challenge is here if you're interested!
http://amiisims.tumblr.com/100laynebabies
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 5:08 PM
I'm sort of having a go at this, but not quite using your rules :-) I'm not aging up the children early at any stage - they have to live out each lifestage on the normal lifespan. I don't like aging them up early, it just seems like it would make things too easy really. Having said which, my sim has a toddler daughter, who'll become a child soon, and she just gave birth to f-f-m triplets - eek! I'm not sure how she'll cope! Still, at least I know for sure I'll have a daughter to carry on the next generation....

I find that the main challenge, in a way, isn't looking after the kids, but is getting males to try for baby with my sim so that she can have more children! I think that the fertility reward will come in handy though - if she's having two or three babies a lot of the time she won't need to get pregnant as often. She didn't have the fertility reward before the first pregnancy, but that was fine, because she hardly had any money then either and couldn't have afforded enough cribs and things.

It's quite hard work, but I am enjoying it! :-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 7:58 PM
Well that's why I thought the honor roll and learning all of their skills as a toddler learned made it a little more difficult. As you have a full house, you'll see that it's hard to make sure all 7 children are doing homework and learning skills.

Yes! The men can be very difficult. There were times when I had to propose to the guy before he would allow for children, and breaking up with them kills me every time.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jan 2012 at 8:44 PM
Well, I've discovered how to make this really easy if you have pets..... Get a dog, train it to hunt, and then make it sniff for collectables a few times a day. My sim adopted an elderly dog, and by the time it passed away it had earned the household about $12,000+ worth of metals, gems and rocks, as well as managing to put together a few of the special things (which all seem to be worth $1,000, but my sim kept 3 out of the 4 of them because they were quite cool).

Then there's no need to worry about money, your sim can have a big, fancy house with plenty of space for the children, and plenty of time to look after them because she's not struggling to pay the bills! Also, waiting for a couple of weeks in generation 1 before starting to have babies really helps, because then your sim can have a nice house and some cash put aside for paying bills and upgrading furniture/buying stuff as the children age. In my next attempt I'm going to wait until she has the fertility lifetime reward before she starts reproducing - that way she will probably only need to have one pregnancy every week or so, as she'll be having plenty of twins and triplets....

I've restarted this several times (and am just about to restart it yet again!), and I'm thoroughly enjoying it! :-) I'd certainly recommend it. I prefer this version to the idea of playing with aging off and making one woman have 100 babies - I like time to move on and sims to age naturally.
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 2:44 AM
i like this one it is easier then the legacy one lol
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 2:53 AM
i have a question can she travel to get a guy and get preggers on vacation???
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 2:56 AM
also can i send the kids off to broading school???
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 4:27 AM
Sorry for taking so long to reply!

I don't have World Adventures or Generations.

I would say yes to Vacation, but you have to take all of the children with you. If that's not an option, then no.

What age are sims sent to boarding school?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Well, I've discovered how to make this really easy if you have pets..... Get a dog, train it to hunt, and then make it sniff for collectables a few times a day. My sim adopted an elderly dog, and by the time it passed away it had earned the household about $12,000+ worth of metals, gems and rocks, as well as managing to put together a few of the special things (which all seem to be worth $1,000, but my sim kept 3 out of the 4 of them because they were quite cool).

Then there's no need to worry about money, your sim can have a big, fancy house with plenty of space for the children, and plenty of time to look after them because she's not struggling to pay the bills! Also, waiting for a couple of weeks in generation 1 before starting to have babies really helps, because then your sim can have a nice house and some cash put aside for paying bills and upgrading furniture/buying stuff as the children age. In my next attempt I'm going to wait until she has the fertility lifetime reward before she starts reproducing - that way she will probably only need to have one pregnancy every week or so, as she'll be having plenty of twins and triplets....

I've restarted this several times (and am just about to restart it yet again!), and I'm thoroughly enjoying it! :-) I'd certainly recommend it. I prefer this version to the idea of playing with aging off and making one woman have 100 babies - I like time to move on and sims to age naturally.

I like having aging on, too, and the natural progression of things which is why I adapted it this way. Thank you so much!

Also, I found that having a dog or any pet while having a house full of kids is super difficult because the dog is always lonely and a lot of work to keep happy!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 10:55 AM
- I believe children have the option for boarding school until they are at the end of their teen lifespan.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 3:29 PM
Yeah, you can send your sim kinds to boarding school any time between them becoming children and aging up to young adults. If you send them when they're children they age up to teen there, gain a trait (selected by the game dependant on which school they're at) and then you have the option to have them stay there as teens, and if they stay there for their entire teenhood they will age to young adult there, gain a trait, and then come home as high school graduates :-) They also gain skills whilst they are at school - which skills they learn also depends on which school they're at. Sending them to boarding school costs money - 800, 1200 or 1600 simoleans depending on the school. They pay that money as children, then again if they stay on at boarding school as teens.

See Carl's Sims 3 Guide for more information - it pretty much tells you everything! :-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 9:16 PM
Yeah, you can send your sim kinds to boarding school any time between them becoming children and aging up to young adults. If you send them when they're children they age up to teen there, gain a trait (selected by the game dependant on which school they're at) and then you have the option to have them stay there as teens, and if they stay there for their entire teenhood they will age to young adult there, gain a trait, and then come home as high school graduates :-) They also gain skills whilst they are at school - which skills they learn also depends on which school they're at. Sending them to boarding school costs money - 800, 1200 or 1600 simoleans depending on the school. They pay that money as children, then again if they stay on at boarding school as teens.

See Carl's Sims 3 Guide for more information - it pretty much tells you everything! :-)

I will have to say no to the boarding school then, since it sounds like it pretty much takes care of your child which totally repeals the point. Sorry! ):
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Feb 2012 at 9:25 PM
I think it would be a lot easier if you were allowed to Send children to boarding school. So i'd rather play the challenge without. It kind of defeats the point of the founder having to raise so many children as quickly as possible in order to have the required amount. (100..)
Space Pony
#14 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 1:45 AM
Can you use "Trigger Age Transition" if you remove 30 simoleons from the household funds for each one?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enirei
Can you use "Trigger Age Transition" if you remove 30 simoleons from the household funds for each one?

Yes, as long as the sim is eligble by the rules (knows toddler skills or has an A in school)
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amiisay
I will have to say no to the boarding school then, since it sounds like it pretty much takes care of your child which totally repeals the point. Sorry! ):

Makes sense to me! It would be masses easier if you could send the children to boarding school - you'd only need to look after them for about 10 days before they became kids and you could send them away until they were old enough to move out (as young adults)! Good call I reckon :-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 6:21 PM
Makes sense to me! It would be masses easier if you could send the children to boarding school - you'd only need to look after them for about 10 days before they became kids and you could send them away until they were old enough to move out (as young adults)! Good call I reckon :-)

Thanks! I really want generations, though, it seems like it's amazing.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amiisay
Thanks! I really want generations, though, it seems like it's amazing.

It is pretty fun. Though I bought the basegame and all EP's at the same time a couple of months ago, so I'm not 100% on what came with which EP. Were bunkbeds with Generations? I love those. To be honest, I wouldn't want to play without any of the EP's!

Back on topic, I'm just about to start another attempt at this challenge, this time set in Lunar Lakes, which I purchased yesterday and have failed to get into so far.....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:08 AM
It is pretty fun. Though I bought the basegame and all EP's at the same time a couple of months ago, so I'm not 100% on what came with which EP. Were bunkbeds with Generations? I love those. To be honest, I wouldn't want to play without any of the EP's!

Back on topic, I'm just about to start another attempt at this challenge, this time set in Lunar Lakes, which I purchased yesterday and have failed to get into so far.....

I got bunkbeds from the store because they're super useful in saving space.

I'm excited to see how it turns out!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 10:40 PM
I'm going to be trying the challenge, but with a slightly modified set of rules. Here's the link to my blog (the intro post has the rules), so can you check if it's okay? http://nikki100babychallenge3.blogspot.com/
Thanks a lot! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nicjmartin
I'm going to be trying the challenge, but with a slightly modified set of rules. Here's the link to my blog (the intro post has the rules), so can you check if it's okay? http://nikki100babychallenge3.blogspot.com/

I'll definitely bookmark this and follow it! Thanks so much for documenting it! (:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nicjmartin

The only thing you changed is being unable to age them up early, yes? Do you mind linking the rules I posted on to the blog, just in case any one else wants to see the complete list? (:
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 2:11 AM Last edited by Amiisay : 26th Feb 2012 at 10:41 PM.
Sorry for posting so many times in a row --

Update!
I'm getting Generations tonight and am thinking of starting this challenge again and then starting a blog - would that be helpful? interesting?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 11:51 PM
Forum Resident
#25 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 12:12 AM
I'm trying this challenge, but I'm going for 100 babies from the same couple. In order for it to be possible, I also have to keep track of and fulfill wishes (including the lifetime wish, which is "surrounded by family" so that should be easy) so that they can raise enough points to get the "Young Again" potion from the LTR menu, go back to YA stage, and continue making babies! So, I can buy other LTR's, but if I want to complete 100 babies by the same couple, I need to save up enough points for both of them to buy the potion!

To make it more challenging, I'm not using any money cheats, and mother and father must support themselves by self-employment (mother's a gardener, father's a painter). As soon as one baby is born, they must immediately try for another. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether it's more beneficial to try and steer away from having multiples. The way I see it, if I have one child at a time, as soon as one reaches YA, mother can have another baby, and it takes less time. If she has triplets, she has to wait till all three reach YA to free up more slots for more babies. But I don't know if that is actually not beneficial yet.

And finally, I'm randomizing each babies traits, which will be interesting in raising them. It could also be a small kind of point system, where the more "good" kids you have, the more points you get.
Page 1 of 46