Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 929 (Who?), Viewed: 191784 times.
Page 38 of 38
Test Subject
#926 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 3:36 AM Last edited by Twixxx1 : 28th Apr 2017 at 7:54 PM.
I started this challenge because I just love the idea!
I started with a female found Ginny Sterling. Her LTW was to max painting and guitar. She married the school mascot and I had him Max writing. They had, so far, a son name Jake,
Now to save up 27000 to get a bookstore. I started today and Already have a sim with one maxxed skill.

EDIT: I wasn't paying attention and Ginnys husband was an adult and is now an elder. Boo. Still saving for a book store. Ginny is super close to maxing painting which will get me an art gallery. She also aged up into an adult. They have two sons. Jake and Carter. I think i'm going to have Jake max logic since he is already level 8. Carter will max fishing and gardening.

Sterling Household:
Ginny Sterling (A) - 9/10 painting 9/10 Cooking. Im unsure if I will have her open a bistro or cafe yet or an art gallery. She is so close to both.
Venkat Sterling (E) 10/10 Writing He will get the bookstore
Jake Sterling (Te) 8/10 Logic I have no idea what I'm going to have him unlock yet
Carter Sterling (C) 3/10 Fishing He will defiantly be opening a park of some kind.

Maybe jake can do the Police Dept. I think that would be great. Get some jobs around here. I think I may have him be my heir but idk. It depends on whether or not Carter can max fishing and gardening or logic and gardening. He is up there on logic but then again so is Jake and it may be smarter to have him complete the park. So many decisions to make. I am glad I only had 2 kids though. I can't imagine trying to figure this out for more kids. Yicks.

EDIT AGAIN: I forgot all about the Inheirence and both Ginny and Venkat had enough for me to get 60,000. They were able to buy the bookstore YAY! Now we our first official store and job. I am so excited.
I seriously love this challenge. I am kind of just testing it out to see how long the obsession last and if I complete it I may restart another town and document it.

EDIT AGAIN AGAIN : Ginny maxed cooking and painting I had her open a bistro since she could afford it. I've also had Venkat get a job at the Bookstore and Ginny a job at culinary. I am so excited. They both happened so fast and I am glad that I now have jobs in town because I don't have to worry about a mate and when Venkat dies and his book royalties go away I will have some money coming in from somewhere else.
Lab Assistant
#927 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 1:00 AM Last edited by mocajava : 25th Jun 2017 at 1:59 AM.
Very interesting challenge. Question though, and I apologize if it's in the rules, I did read but didn't see it. Does ONE sim have to meet all the requirements for a lot or is like a combined household effort?

EDIT: never mind, found it.
Lab Assistant
#928 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 1:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocajava
Very interesting challenge. Question though, and I apologize if it's in the rules, I did read but didn't see it. Does ONE sim have to meet all the requirements for a lot or is like a combined household effort?

Quote:
7. Each Sim may only earn 1 community lot for you. So if your Sim has maxed Cooking and has $61,500, then you may not get both the Diner and the Bistro - you'd need a second Sim to max Cooking to get both. And it must be the same Sim - if you have one Sim max Handiness and another max Athletics, you have not earned a Military Base. Also, lots that don't require any skills must still be earned by a specific Sim (and purchased with their household's money), and you may not change your mind about which one did it.

Looks to me like it needs to be one sim completing all the requirements (except for money).
Lab Assistant
#929 Old 25th Jun 2017 at 1:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowstarsinajar
Looks to me like it needs to be one sim completing all the requirements (except for money).

I was JUST going to edit my post with 'never mind, i found it' Sorry I must seem dumb, I have very bad reading comprehension.
Field Researcher
#930 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 11:36 PM
I've got a problem with moving sims in - I can use the friendly interactions till we get 'ask to move in', get them to move in with no problems - other than they come with no money. Now, I was sure this wasn't always the situation, and checked against the rules which say
Quote:
"Rules for Moving Sims In or Out:....2. If the Sim you're moving in is an NPC, you can't keep the $20,000 they bring with them. The money must be wasted in some way, such as with the familyfunds cheat. On the other hand, if they're a Sim living in another household in the city or currently homeless (i.e. a "townie") then you may accept whatever money they bring with them when they move in. "

I do use various mods, so re-named my Sims 3 folder and re-opened the game to get a mod free version - Judy Bunch got money on moving Beau Andrews in but nothing for the uni mascot or Grady the maid.

In my NIF game, I'd had no money coming with the various postal workers, and when I unlocked Journalism & Business and sent my Sim off to get a job, his game allocated colleagues moved into the household with nothing. I'd used Nraas Master Controller to check their household funds before moving them in, and all should have come with money.

It doesn't make the challenge impossible, just harder, as I play Random Legacy Nothing in Life is Free, so need to move out the other sims straight away (unless I'm keeping them for the relationship roll), and therefore need enough money to buy them a house first.
Page 38 of 38