Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mornath
New beds. No comfort, no rest, no nothing but price. They cost a lot of money and they're crap. How are they called? Two-story beds? I hope I could stick whatever single bed over another to make the same, instead of having those (again) crappy beds.

Actually, I find it better to have a crappy bed for a child sim. If you put them to bed at 10 or 11, and they have the best single bed in the game, they're up WAY too early and are already tired when they come home from school.

Teens are a different thing altogether, since they have so much more to do, so you can just buy the best bed and let them skill the evening and put them to bed at 1 or 2.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 28th Oct 2012 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sirah81
Actually, I find it better to have a crappy bed for a child sim. If you put them to bed at 10 or 11, and they have the best single bed in the game, they're up WAY too early and are already tired when they come home from school.

Teens are a different thing altogether, since they have so much more to do, so you can just buy the best bed and let them skill the evening and put them to bed at 1 or 2.

Even if I must agree with your arguments, I still don't see the need to pay a lot of cash for the crappy bed. Not that cash isn't raining or anything, It's just a bit overpriced, as the blue sheets bed, that with the castle-like-towers, costs around the same as the one from High end loft stuff, which is infinitely better in every aspect.

I'll make it shorter. For its quality, they all should be cheaper.

For a workaround for tired children early, I suggest them taking a nap. Homework after nap, then a bath, dinner and to bed again, around maybe 12 to 1 am. I also like my kids being up sooner in the morning to let them fill their needs before going to school, as child needs seem to drop faster than teen or adults; thus leading to better mood at school.
Scholar
#53 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 5:13 AM
Got Generations about three weeks ago and after that long playing, I have to say that a lot of the social interactions are a crapshoot if they involve asking or doing something with another sim. In my experience, most others from the base game go off without a hitch so long as both sims are in a good mood, have a high LTR and motives and don't have bad moodlets on them. Generations interactions though ... best friends rage at each other over pillowfights gone bad, tightly-knit families reject all attempts to share secrets with each other, and teens go ape!@#$ when their favourite uncle offers to teach them how to drive. Seriously, it's like the rules that govern socials have been turned on their head or something in Generations.
Scholar
#54 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 5:15 AM
I love everything!
Field Researcher
#55 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 10:27 AM
I hate that we can't watch our sims going to prom that would've make the EP a 1000 times better IMO
Test Subject
#56 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 1:26 PM
Oh, there's so much to talk about! *rubs hands with excitement* I have a very love-hate relationship with the pillow-fighting in Generations. My Sims seem to get a want to either pillow-fight or give a gift to another Sim every five minutes or so. Even if they're just walking near that person, the want about pillow-fighting will pop up. Which annoys me SO much--but I've heard Patch 1.50 takes care of that problem, so it is definitely on my to-download list. Plus, like several others have already mentioned, the memories are SO annoying. One toddler learns to walk--three separate little pop-up boxes I have to close because the game doesn't seem to recognize that only one person taught the toddler to walk.

With all my rants aside, there are a lot of things I love about this expansion pack. First of all, all those added touches for the kids are perfect! I love the treehouses (and how my Sims can woohoo in them) and the other outdoor activities especially. I also think it's adorable when they get out their play-clothes and pretend to be kings and queens on the kitchen chairs. Plus, the clothes, the clothes! It's amazing.
Scholar
#57 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 7:32 PM
It's actually very simplistic for me: I love its theme, but I hate its execution.

It could have been the EP to really fix The Sims 3's problems for me. It could have added open restaurants and other open venues for family outings and dating, it could have added university, and it could have added an instrument for kid's to play (I think we all know which type of instrument I'm thinking of. =P).

Instead... What we got was something caught somewhere in between a Stuff Pack and Expansion Pack, leaning much more on the Stuff Pack side. It added some essentials, but not much of the essentials were actually features, they were just objects like the wedding arches and wedding cakes.

The EP just felt like it was quickly thrown together. It could have been something much greater, but instead it came off as a "filler" Expansion Pack, filled with shiny objects completely unrelated to the theme *coughcircularstairscough* to pull in as many customers as possible without being anything of substance. It was really obvious from the advertising of this EP that's what they were going for.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#58 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 7:44 PM
they added a disable memories option a few patches back...
Test Subject
#59 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gege_sml
I hate that we can't watch our sims going to prom that would've make the EP a 1000 times better IMO

Yes, I always thought it was really annoying/unfortunate that we couldn't go into many of the buildings called rabbitholes. After all the meat of real life is actually spent in such places. I would like to be the little kid, go into the classroom and shoot spit-balls at people, be at work and have a chat with someone at the water-cooler, go into the supermarket and pick up groceries, go to a concert or movie and actually see my sims enjoying it, go into the hospital and witness the birth of my cute little family's first child, and, yes, watch my blossoming young lady walk into her first prom and see all the boys gawking at her previously unnoticed beauty.

Alright I am making it much more poetic than it should be, but these are things in life we remember and love, and we don't even get to do them in the Sims. I really dislike TS3 for this reason, and many more reasons (and yet I have spent upwards of $70 on it...? ).
Mad Poster
#60 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 3:26 PM
I love the stroller. I can just sit for the longest time and watch a baby in a stroller happily waves its arms and blow raspberries while being taken for a stroll.

And the teen party. I had a teen Sim throw one and boy did I bust a gut laughing! I had this teen set booby traps *everywhere.* Shower dye, overflowing toilets, spraying sinks, whoopie cushions...you name it, she did it! I had her serve cappuccino...she was pretty wired but her guests ignored the drinks and were passing out on the floor from exhaustion. And her parents came home earlier than expected...and there was STILL one of her guests that would conk out, wake up, stumble for a few steps, then conk out again--over and over. She got grounded for having completely trashed the house.

I like watching toddlers sing to their little imaginary friends.

What I hate--Sims constantly having wishes for pillow fights. It comes up, automatic right-click to cancel. Seriously, I have a Sim who's hotheaded and has no sense of humor and HE is rolling that wish constantly!

I like that child and teen Sims can get scolded for stuff...in Sims 2 they only get lectured for breaking something, other than that they're perfect little angels. Sims 3, it's more realistic...time-outs, grounding, and the like.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Page 3 of 3