Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ella - Exotic Beauty

by Cleos Posted 23rd Feb 2012 at 11:05 PM

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 1:18 AM
Noticed she was very different and striking, but couldn't pin what it was until you said no eyebrows. Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 3:05 AM
she looks awsome thanks.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 6:18 AM
She is, as you said, beautiful and unique. There's something about her eyes that's very intriguing. She's not your run-of-the-mill cookie cutter Sim.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 8:15 PM
This is a beautiful Sim, thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 9:35 PM
She's gorgeous. Just, I'm not sure what makes her "exotic"...? She looks like she's from New York. The lack of 'brows are more high fashion than exotic? Imho.

Still, very gorgeous sim, and I like her whole look 'n vibe.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 12:48 AM
I'm interested in why you have this download tagged as "albino".

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 3:52 AM
While I can understand people getting hung up on simple meanings of words like "exotic" and "albino", it cannot take away from the intended power behind your post. There are many places in the world where a woman like this would indeed be exotic, as she would not represent the norm.

So, let's step outside of our linear boxes of common definitions and stretch our imaginations a little!

Exotic: Strikingly unusual; other worldly
Albino: Unusual person or another word for anomaly

Regardless, I think she is a strikingly exotic beauty. It is more than the absence of eyebrows, but the soft sultry tenderness of colour in her skin, the natural fullness of her kissable lips, the innocence of her nose and that look of enchantment in her eyes. The concept of "exotic" (like beauty) is always in the eye of the beholder.

There are many ways to define define beauty and I for one applaud your sharing your vision.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 5:25 AM
Actually, the reason I commented is because the flat dictionary definition is:

1. Originating in or characteristic of a distant foreign country.
2. having a strange or bizarre allure, beauty, or quality

I'm not saying the sim is bad -- I love the sim -- but my impression of the word "exotic" is mostly closely tied with the first definition, not the second. Perhaps I need to read through the dictionary first next time -- the second definition does apply, yes.

For more on this subject, this page is an interesting read. Maybe we shouldn't get too much more off-topic here, though?

The sim is nice enough that we should be discussing her here, not word definitions, and I'm sorry if I've derailed the conversation a bit.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 6:09 AM
Not to worry. The thread cannot be derailed as your comment only serves to confirm my point. We have to look beyond what we "think" is proper. With words like exotic, the denotative (written) and connotative (implied) definitions are often blurred based on our own limited experiences (and which definition we choose to embrace as most authentic). In this case, it truly doesn't matter if we agree that she is exotic. What matters is that is how Cleos originally saw her and how Ella is presented to us.

Thanks Cleos for sharing your Simmie. I shall leave your thread now for others to mull over the "exotic" beauty of Ella.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 12:58 PM
she's gorgeous!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StephSim
Not to worry. The thread cannot be derailed as your comment only serves to confirm my point. We have to look beyond what we "think" is proper. With words like exotic, the denotative (written) and connotative (implied) definitions are often blurred based on our own limited experiences (and which definition we choose to embrace as most authentic). In this case, it truly doesn't matter if we agree that she is exotic. What matters is that is how Cleos originally saw her and how Ella is presented to us.

Thanks Cleos for sharing your Simmie. I shall leave your thread now for others to mull over the "exotic" beauty of Ella.

Thank you, you get it I see I agree, defenitions are often blurred. Beauty is to most of the people no spots, a smooth skin, and being thin. I can see Beauty in freckles or spots, The defenition of something is different for every single person.. To me Ella is exotic looking. Thank you for pointing this out!
Theorist
#13 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 6:04 PM
I agree Cleos. I see "exotic" as a power word that celebrates difference and diversity. A Danish blonde may appear exotic in Africa, just as an Afro-American appears exotic in British Columbia (where I live). My wife StephSim is exotic to me in that sense, but her incredibile beauty comes in the expression of her creativity, intelligence and soul.

We already have more than enough pejorative ways to refer to that which is different, ranging in intensity from crass slurs to "those people" to pretended invisibility. If a word like "exotic" can help in dismantling the walls of prejudice, I'm all for it.

To me Ella is assuredly an "Exotic Beauty".

Inventor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 1:32 AM
She is really beautiful.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 5:53 PM Last edited by billielith : 6th Mar 2012 at 6:06 PM.
Wish I looked that good without eyebrows. Really nice!

And I have to be honest, the first thing that came to mind was "OMG. This will start a new fashion trend, now everyone will go without eyebrows." lol.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 1:04 AM
Never liked Barbie. I like "exotic."
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 3:58 PM
I don't like,because you pack her WITH MAXIS HAIR AND CLOTHES!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 28th Mar 2012 at 8:51 PM
Love this Sim, thanks so much for your hard work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th May 2012 at 6:10 AM
Thx you for uploading this beautiful Sim! And I need "Ella's eyes" set)) Please!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 10:45 AM
she is so beautiful, thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciroro
Thx you for uploading this beautiful Sim! And I need "Ella's eyes" set)) Please!

Thats quite a good idea. I think I will create a set with recolors of her eyes. Thank you for the idea!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 13th Nov 2012 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annacapp
I don't like,because you pack her WITH MAXIS HAIR AND CLOTHES!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't you just get the custom content for her? Or download her original clothes?

Anyway, I think that she is beautiful, even though she comes with maxis hair and clothes...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 10:24 PM
she's a keeper! thanks for sharing her. :D
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 5:52 AM
Ella is the test Sim for my latest lot, Sedona Hills, a request from Jlouis. She helped me redo the shower and cabana roof! She has become friends with Amin, hosted a dinner party for Marissa, Brandy, and Benjamin, and gotten a job as a security guard. She wanted a florist bench and I got it for her. Life is good! Thanks for such a sweet Sim!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th Jul 2014 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by triciamanly
Ella is the test Sim for my latest lot, Sedona Hills, a request from Jlouis. She helped me redo the shower and cabana roof! She has become friends with Amin, hosted a dinner party for Marissa, Brandy, and Benjamin, and gotten a job as a security guard. She wanted a florist bench and I got it for her. Life is good! Thanks for such a sweet Sim!

Aw! This is so cool! Thanks for downloading Ella!!