Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 2:02 AM
The CC is in that folder in a folder you make yourself called mods, check to framework guide for instructions:http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...Setup_and_Files

The above is for Sims 3, the link below will be for CAW, both require 2 separate methods.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:CAW_Framework

and when it says append framework.cfg it just means add it to the bottom and save. I was confused a little too so I had to do a little research.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 2:13 AM
Thanks. I understand how to set up my framework and all that though, I was just wondering if I had to have the CC installed in the Sims 3 folder as well as CAW. I didn't make the link in the CAW resource file so I didn't think it mattered.

Come Check out New York City!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 2:49 AM
Nope sims 3 cc goes into the sims 3 folder CAW cc goes into the CAW folder

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#29 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel
Oh and yes, I can open other worlds (SV and Riverview, I have no others). I'll try the _KEY file thing and if not, I'll send you my stuff. What all would you need?

Just the world file and the corresponding folder (containing the layers and lots) from your CAW folder.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Just the world file and the corresponding folder (containing the layers and lots) from your CAW folder.

Here is the file:
http://www.mediafire.com/?n4n5bw9r74uar56

In the Arena
retired moderator
#31 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 11:23 AM
Did you try it without the NY CC stuffs?
The world by itself loads in CAW for me. Just the files as provided in the .rar.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Did you try it without the NY CC stuffs?
The world by itself loads in CAW for me. Just the files as provided in the .rar.

Yes. I've tried it several different ways. Another member has reported it opening fine for them as well. It's so strange that I cannot open it while others can just fine

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 12:45 PM
I can't test it- it says it's set to private.

But from what Ella is saying, it seems as though some of the CC you are using is causing the issue.

EDIT: Scratch that, it's downloading now- will test ASAP!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 12:51 PM
...But from what Ella is saying, it seems as though some of the CC you are using is causing the issue.

I've tried though to load it without the packages folder installed. And I get the same non-descript message 'Unable to load file' etc.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#35 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 1:31 PM
No, I can't load it either. I have the latest CAW, set to LAA but no luck. I've tried splicing in a new global layer, deleting the _KEY, replacing the various resources that have a file path reference but nothing helps. Just the 'cannot load file' error.

For information, your Lots folder has a copy of the world file and the settings file in it, so it might be worth you trying with those removed. Didn't help for me, though!

Perhaps Ella or someone else who can get this loaded could save the world and upload it again, to see if you can open that?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#36 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 1:33 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 21st Mar 2012 at 2:17 PM.
Oh, I'm not saying the NY CC has issues. It's just that my CAW is currently not setup to have any CC. And the world file did load with no issues, other than the blank spots where the CC are supposed to be.
I suppose I could test again once I go hunt down the NY CC stuffehs. The last Beta file has it, right?

[eta]
Forgot to mention I did manually create the NewYork folder under \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds\ as the rar file appears to have them loose.
And added piccies!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 1:55 PM
Oh, I'm not saying the NY CC has issues. It's just that my CAW is currently not setup to have any CC. And the world file did load with no issues, other than the blank spots where the CC are supposed to be.
I suppose I could test again once I go hunt down the NY CC stuffehs. The last Beta file has it, right?

Yes, just click on my signature. It'll be in the '4th beta' download. Thanks

@Simsample
I noticed those in the lots folder as well. I wasn't sure if that was normal or not.

Field Researcher
#38 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 2:10 PM
I'm set up for CAW cc and did get it to load(EIG too). It took longer than usual to load. It did give me low frame rates though, which doesn't happen very often. I did notice many red chunk boundaries, also.

Anyway, let me know if you want me to re-save and upload to the web...

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 2:19 PM
@Poison Frog
Sure, I'd love it if you could. I'll be away from the computer for a few hours so no rush but I'll be eager to try it out

EDIT: Just another quick thought, what tool did you all unpack with?

I used WinRAR and I notice Ella has used 7-zip. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Field Researcher
#40 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 2:29 PM Last edited by PoisonFrog : 21st Mar 2012 at 2:51 PM.
I'm on it, but it will probably take me a while anyway...and I used winrar.

Edit:
Sorry, I don't think I can help. I re-saved, but 38 lots were lost. Maybe because I don't have showtime?

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#41 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 3:08 PM
Forgot to mention I did manually create the NewYork folder under \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds\ as the rar file appears to have them loose.

Ah, you know what? I never twigged that! If I do that I can open it just fine, how long have I been using CAW?

Quote: Originally posted by Daniel
I noticed those in the lots folder as well. I wasn't sure if that was normal or not.

They shouldn't be there, but they shouldn't stop the world loading as they won't be read by CAW. It looks like you just copied the files there by mistake.

Can you check that you have the Lots and Layers folders in a 'New Your' folder as in Ella's picture?
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 3:41 PM
Like Ella, I had spots where lots were missing. I suspect that the errors are in one of those lots. Because I didn't have them, the CAW file loaded just fine for me and for Ella, who obviously was missing them as well. In your email, you said you embedded them into the metadata without placing them as lots. Could this be the problem? One of those could be corrupt. Otherwise, it is probably something in your userfile that one of us does not have.

Sorry you are still having problems opening the file! It is so annoying when things like this happen...they just seem to make no sense sometimes.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#43 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 3:53 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 21st Mar 2012 at 4:52 PM. Reason: added link
Mediafire upload @10% ... done - http://www.mediafire.com/?y18h53mul00mjvo
Are there stuff missing in that? Lots folder's items listed in Windows Explorer in the resaved version has 155 items versus the rar I download has 191 items (excluding the .world & settings file already deleted). But the .world Save in CAW reports all successful, go figure. That probably explains the 38 files @PoisonFrog reported as "lost" during their Save.

... your Lots folder has a copy of the world file and the settings file in it, so it might be worth you trying with those removed. Didn't help for me, though!
@simsample, well...I missed this. So go us!

In the meanwhile, EIG loads fine too.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#44 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 5:35 PM
Quote:
Are there stuff missing in that? Lots folder's items listed in Windows Explorer in the resaved version has 155 items versus the rar I download has 191 items (excluding the .world & settings file already deleted). But the .world Save in CAW reports all successful, go figure. That probably explains the 38 files @PoisonFrog reported as "lost" during their Save.

Your version is a hair bigger than the one I did, but the lot count is the same. More data is probably a good thing though. It would be 36 lots as I missed the 2 dupe files, too

The part that still confuses me is what rian90 said about embedding lots in metadata...that would be in S3PE? I'm not up to speed on that or C# yet. Could that account for the missing 36 lots?

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PoisonFrog
The part that still confuses me is what rian90 said about embedding lots in metadata...that would be in S3PE? I'm not up to speed on that or C# yet. Could that account for the missing 36 lots?

That part confused me too. Maybe he meant he merged them?
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 7:47 PM
OH MY GOD, IT WORKED!!!!

If I could hit that 'love' button 50 times I would. Thank you all so so much!

For the record, I don't notice any lots missing in this version. But looking at some pics that Rian90 sent me, she had at least 1 or 2 missing lots (the Empire State lot is the one that was most obvious to me). So, if anyone would mind indulging me, what might cause the lower lot count? corrupted cc or just some other unexplainable CAW 'feature'?

About the 'embedding lots' thing (which I don't think I worded in that way ), I just meant I enabled some rabbitholes to show up in CAW so I could place them without a lot, Just like you would with trees or streetlights. Those are all showing up fine too, at least in mine.

@Rian90
I don't know why so many things are missing from your file. I'd say check your resource file but obviously some stuff did show up. Have you tried again with the new 'packages' folder I sent you? If not, I can send you the new world files to try...

Again, Thanks so much SimSample, EllaCharm3D, Poison Frog, Rian90, and Riptide. Earlier this morning, I was ready to give up on this thing. And I would have if not for you meddling CAW pros

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#47 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 8:43 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 10:24 PM
Just sent you another email with some pictures. I now have almost all the lots, minus a few which are probably the rabbithole lots you placed in CAW. If you could tell what ones they are, I bet I could find them and place them myself. I think maybe they do not show up in Edit-in-Game but might export okay? Not sure. When I go back and look at the missing lots, they are obviously not really lots, but blank spots for the rabbitholes.

I downloaded Ella's copy and still do not see those rabbitholes so they are not, for some odd reason, showing up. Might be a problem for other users too.

Here is an example picture. Anyone else seeing this?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 21st Mar 2012 at 10:57 PM
Well, I'll respond to your email but just for everyone elses (is that even a word?) sake; There are places empty of any deco buildings or anything else because I do the city planning as I go through each district. The area in the pic you provided is blank because I wanted to put a school there. But, I wanted to place the ambitions one and I have to find it in the delta build first and unlock it for CAW.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#50 Old 22nd Mar 2012 at 12:46 AM
So Daniel, you don't see any lots missing in CAW?
Page 2 of 3