Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Yes, but in this case they only needed to give us a proper banana tree mesh, not new animations or lighting effects. It's nice to be able to visually differentiate the crops otherwise they might as well have created a single tree that grew every type of fruit on it.

Didn't they?

Let's not forget in the tree collection you have the regular cherry tree and the large cherry tree and neither are even slightly related to the "harvestable" cherry tree.
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 10:11 PM
I could forgive them the Banana tree, but the Money Tree looks nothing like the IRL one either....

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Banned
#28 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 10:54 PM
I said in an earlier topic that, to me, it feels like a genuine sims-style quirk.

They make a bunch of trees that produce fruit. They make a bunch of shrubs that produce vegetables. Then for potatos they just stick them on the same shrub, and for bananas they stick them on the same tree! It's a cute quirk, I think. Plus I don't see anybody complaining that a steak tree doesn't look like a cow!

I'm PRETTY SURE that an entire team of people is smart enough to understand that bananas do not grow on an apple tree-style tree. Implying otherwise is pretty horribly terrible to everybody working on the game.
One Minute Ninja'd
#29 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve
I'm PRETTY SURE that an entire team of people is smart enough to understand that bananas do not grow on an apple tree-style tree. Implying otherwise is pretty horribly terrible to everybody working on the game.

I'm pretty sure the entire team assigned the banana tree was limited in members (as well as seniority) and line budget. The most difficult decision they were forced to reach consensus on, was, should it be a bush or a tree.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 12:14 AM
They would have been better off placing the bananas on the plant type which the Life Fruit uses. Then at least one could imagine that this is a baby banana tree, still growing, already starting to produce fruit.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
#31 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AdamantEve

No one in the thread was implying this.
Scholar
#32 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
I could forgive them the Banana tree, but the Money Tree looks nothing like the IRL one either....

If there's an irl Money Tree I have somehow missed a drastically important detail about how the American economy functions.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
One Minute Ninja'd
#33 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Damocles
THIS IS BANANA!!!!!

It looks like a banana on crack.
Instructor
#34 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 2:13 PM
Seems like vegetarians in TS3 are lucky..
Field Researcher
#35 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 4:53 PM
I kinda don't get how the team couldn't give us an animation of the sim peeling the banana.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
Let's not forget in the tree collection you have the regular cherry tree and the large cherry tree and neither are even slightly related to the "harvestable" cherry tree.

Yes but IRL those are called cherry blossom trees but do not produce actual cherries, that's just the name.

On the other hand, we actually do have a real banana tree mesh already in-game, it came with WA. Everyone seems to think the reason why it's wrong is because they didn't pay for a new tree mesh, but they've already released one. So... why couldn't they just put bananas on it? It wouldn't have been any harder than putting bananas on the apple tree.

Right? ... right?
Scholar
#37 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 2:01 PM
Yep Electronic Arts buggered up the seeds.....

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Field Researcher
#38 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 5:33 PM
Yes, its unrealistic and yeah EA might be lazy. The real question is this: Are there new recipies for this banana? Can we feed them to animals like the carrots? What do we do with them besides eat them and when my sim's skill is high enough grow them? (haven't even seen this tree in Starlight Shores yet. I am sure I will come across it.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#39 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MystiTsu
What do we do with them besides eat them and when my sim's skill is high enough grow them?

Throw them at bad performers!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Throw them at bad performers!

shouldn't that be tomatoes? :D

maybe you can make sundaes with them?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#41 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 1:19 PM
Hehe, you can throw tomatoes too!

Although I think the reason for bananas being in the game was to throw. Not sure if there are any banana recipes in-game?
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 1:30 PM
IIRC there's a new recipe for a sandwich with peanut butter and banana. Is there more?
One Minute Ninja'd
#43 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
IIRC there's a new recipe for a sandwich with peanut butter and banana. Is there more?

Actually, that's a FRIED banana and peanut butter sandwich. Sounds yummy, doesn't it? It's on my list to try right after the tofu turkey recipe, which is REALLY low on my list of foods to prepare.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 7:00 PM
Actually, fried bannana doesn't sound so bad.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Fried-bananas-recipe/

It reminds me of this receipe Fried Sambucus nigra and Robinia pseudacacia flowers.

http://www.ardei-iute.ro/retete-cul...e-in-aluat.html
Alchemist
#45 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 7:02 PM
Fried peanut butter and banana was one of Elvis' favorite recipes, iirc.
One Minute Ninja'd
#46 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
Fried peanut butter and banana was one of Elvis' favorite recipes, iirc.

And look what happened to his waistline...............
Test Subject
#47 Old 20th May 2012 at 3:49 AM
What?
Quote: Originally posted by VIDA!!!
It's so weird bananas grow on apple trees. The folks at EA could have done more! Take a look at the Castway banana tree , much better!

where you get that?
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 20th May 2012 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by unionpacific13
where you get that?

Sims castaway is a standalone pc game that came out during the sims 2 days. there's a banana plant in that game that looks like an actual banana plant. I think someone made a mod to import the banana plant from sims castaway to sims 2.

... why do people call it banana tree? it's a plant... a herbaceous plant that happens to grow to large proportions but still a plant, not a tree. :P
Test Subject
#49 Old 24th May 2012 at 10:14 PM
I haven't even noticed that tree yet. They could have done much better with that!
Test Subject
#50 Old 27th May 2012 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aGOLDENbox
I kinda don't get how the team couldn't give us an animation of the sim peeling the banana.

theres so many things they could do like that, like toilet roll holders why cant we change them? cleaning the cages to birds, why not actually see them place the paper down?
Page 2 of 4