Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 8:55 PM
I'm trying to think in what way would I *ever* use objects like this? I can't wait to see the screenshots and how they're going to market this one...

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Why should I have to resort to mods for something that EA could EASILY do?

You do know EA relies on us doing just that.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 9:25 PM
Well, the bright side is, it can be used for Hansel and Gretel stuff. I don't mind buying them for some fantasy, but being more expensive than the usual SP? Anybody's going to think twice before they even remotely decided to buy the SP.
Instructor
#29 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 9:36 PM
The fact that it's more expensive than normal SPs leaves an even nastier after taste in my mouth. I was going to buckle up and stick with TS3 til the end but now I'm not so sure anymore. I don't use "Candy-land-type" items enough in the game to pay that outrageous price for the pack. The fact that it's tied to a celebrity rather than a brand is also very disheartening. If i'm ever able to buy this pack for 10 bucks or get it for free with some kind of promo I'll be willing to get it. I won't otherwise.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ViolettaVie
You do know EA relies on us doing just that.

They sure do act like it...

Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
The fact that it's more expensive than normal SPs leaves an even nastier after taste in my mouth. I was going to buckle up and stick with TS3 til the end but now I'm not so sure anymore. I don't use "Candy-land-type" items enough in the game to pay that outrageous price for the pack. The fact that it's tied to a celebrity rather than a brand is also very disheartening. If i'm ever able to buy this pack for 10 bucks or get it for free with some kind of promo I'll be willing to get it. I won't otherwise.

It should have been a world or something. These will have no real use anywhere else.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#31 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 10:00 PM
Yes, matrix, that was what I thought when the price was leaked at first. That we'd get an actual new Candyland themed world with new KP items for the world, build/buy and new hair and clothes. It would have tied in rather well with EP 7 too since that's all about fantasy and magic. Since some people like to keep the supernaturals and the "normal" game-play separate, people could have made good use of a Candyland world. All of this of course being the look on the bright side of something I don't really care for.

I'll have to wait for more information of what's actually in the pack but my guess is that it's just another overpriced marketing gimmick. My hope is that there will be a lot of very beautiful clothes and very cool hairstyles but going by EA's track record i very much doubt this.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 10:14 PM
I don't EA knows how to design versatile items that look like they have a purpose. I can design items that have a solid them of Candy, Cake and Ice Cream that can be put to better use than these. For Sure...

I can't WAIT for the Live show, just so Jen and King can throw around the word versatile.
My... ass...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#33 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 12:02 AM
I'm convinced this must be part of some brilliant marketing strategy on EA's part, which I'm too stupid to understand. It looks something like this:

1. Offer customers crap they don't want while raising prices
2. Lose customers because they refuse to buy your crap
3. PROFIT!!!
Forum Resident
#34 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 12:17 AM
I hope no one falls for and pays for this crud. It looks ridiculous and tacky. I could see someone's poor near sighted grandma picking it up as a birthday gift for little Tammy, thinking it was the latest EP. Can you picture the horror on her face when she opens the presents on her birthday and finds the LAMEST STUFF PACK IN THE HISTORY OF THE SIMS?! Poor thing might just hang herself
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 12:20 AM
Maybe it's a sign that I am just getting old (26?) But this SP just crap. Katy Perry is just crap.

At least we can all keep each other laughing with our comments :D
Mad Poster
#36 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 12:28 AM
Oh dear God no.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#37 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 12:50 AM
I keep hoping it isn't true.
Instructor
#38 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I think it will appeal mostly to people with a sweet tooth rather than to Katy Perry fans.

True. :P
You'd think they'd want to spend their money on real candy instead then, lol.
Theorist
#39 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 2:12 AM
Well... since I never bought and never will buy SHT, I don't think I'll be getting this SP. No interest in it at all. So my SP list stays the same - Outdoor Living and Town Life SP's.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#40 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 3:03 AM
My daughter would probably like this....she's 6.
Theorist
#41 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 3:23 AM
Heh, ONE Simlish song and a few lots don't justify a higher price to me. Looks like this may be the first Sims 3 game I'll actually skip. I knew I would eventually give in and get SHT because of the recreational objects and the resemblance to Superstar (though it did turn out to be one of my favourite EPs in the end), but this stuff would hardly ever be used in my game. Maybe I'd give the cupcake guitar to a sim to make him or her stand out, and maybe the cupcake chairs for a kid's room, but otherwise it would be a waste of money. I'm not feeling that optimistic about the magic EP either so it looks like I'll have to wait at least a year before something interesting comes out. Oh well, if TS3 does end up getting 10 EPs and 10 SPs there has to be at least one that won't interest me. That makes sense right? :P

The only good thing that may come out of this is the potential hilarity of phreakindee's Lazy Game Review. Assuming he will do one, I feel kind of sorry for him at the same time.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 3:34 AM
Is this real life
Theorist
#43 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 3:48 AM
90% of The Sims fanbase: "Is this gonna be forever?"
Katy Perry: "Eyup!"
100% of The Sims fanbase: *Collective Demonic Yell*
Field Researcher
#44 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 5:58 AM
- Sweeten the lives of your Sims with items inspired by Katy Perry: a guitar-shaped cake, elements to make a play corner in a realm of candy, delicious cotton candy trees and much more.
LAME...

- Change the look of your Sims with lots of new outfits and hairstyles that are for food.

- Converts the houses and the neighborhood of your Sims on an Caramelifornia full of fantastic and colorful furniture and decorative items.
No thanks!

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 6:22 AM
Good, 20$ (30$?) more dollars in my pocket, because there is no way in HELL I would pick up this steaming pile...I wouldn't even want it for free.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 7:04 AM
I'm pretty sure that some custom content maker could make these objects. Not only would they be better quality but they would be free for the people that actually want them.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 7:09 AM
I hope this is the lowest selling stuff pack ever, including the ones from Sims 2.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Test Subject
#48 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 8:10 AM
Here's 30 dollars: kick me in the face with an ice skate. It's like buying it, right?
Scholar
#49 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 9:43 AM
Oh my god are you kidding me!? EA has gotta be smoking one hell of a crack right about now!! I can't believe they went along with this. So let me get this straight,if SHT Katy Perry edition is not enough for EA and it costs 50$, then why in the hell EA expect more people to buy this SP that costs almost equivalent to a regular EP!? All of this should of been in the in the SHT Katy Perry Edition, including some of her recent songs In my opinion. Man, even though I don't mind people making money but this is an all time low. This SP seem like it's marketed for Teenie Boppers and I don't want no part of this.

Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
The fact that it's more expensive than normal SPs leaves an even nastier after taste in my mouth. I was going to buckle up and stick with TS3 til the end but now I'm not so sure anymore.
I agree, Since showtime, I feel the same way now.It seems that EA's forgetting that adults play this franchise too.
Forum Resident
#50 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 10:35 AM
It's just so... bizarre. Eesh. No thanks.
Page 2 of 15