Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 2850 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 2:25 PM
Default Hopeful Orphan trait specific buff
I never used this trait much before, but lately I found out that after receiving a letter from parents a sim can read it at anytime and get +30 Remember Parents buff for 12 hours. I thought that's great and I wanted to try it out immediately and I was asking townsfolk about the parents like crazy and I did get the letter, but I only got the buff the first time my sim read it. Later nothing happened, only the message box with "bla bla bla Love, Mom" and no buff. So I was wondering, is there some time limit to this? Can I get the buff only once in a while? From what I've read I should be able to get the buff everytime a sim reads the letter. Can someone confirm that? I just wanna know if this info is bogus or is there something wrong with my game.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 5:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexylu
I never used this trait much before, but lately I found out that after receiving a letter from parents a sim can read it at anytime and get +30 Remember Parents buff for 12 hours. I thought that's great and I wanted to try it out immediately and I was asking townsfolk about the parents like crazy and I did get the letter, but I only got the buff the first time my sim read it. Later nothing happened, only the message box with "bla bla bla Love, Mom" and no buff. So I was wondering, is there some time limit to this? Can I get the buff only once in a while? From what I've read I should be able to get the buff everytime a sim reads the letter. Can someone confirm that? I just wanna know if this info is bogus or is there something wrong with my game.

It used to be whenever you read it, but it changed in a patch.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 6:23 PM
Oh, that's too bad, it was a great focus boost. Thanks for the info though, I thought I was doing something wrong.
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexylu
Oh, that's too bad, it was a great focus boost. Thanks for the info though, I thought I was doing something wrong.

I've made you a mod for this. It wasn't what I was trying to do, I was trying to get it to be repeatable by reading the letter like it originally was, but that wasn't working, so in the end I made the buff permanant. You still have to find the sim holding the letter, and read it, but once you do the +30 buff should be a permanent one.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...931#post3832931
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 12:34 PM
Wow! Thanks a million!

Section jump