Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 7:53 PM
New Modder: Editing an object to encourage Romantic Interactions
I have recently discovered S3PE and what it can do.

I understand that the French Incense Burner does this, but I need to find an object that I can then review to see what has changed in the S3PE, so that I can change other objects.

I looked at OBJD via Grid of a generic painting and discovered a MoodletGiven Parameter and it has the following hex values

0x00000000 (Unused00)
0x00000001 (Seating)
0x00000002 (Sleeping)
0x00000003 (Music)

What is the hex value for (Romantic).

I assume I should be able to manually change to this value to give the Romantic Moodlet and thereby encourage Romantic Interactions.

I also note there is a MoodletScore hex value as well, so that some object could give a higher moodlet value than others.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 8:21 PM
Unfortunately, you can't do it like that. You will need a script to add the moodlet. There is some information here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=466999

Depending on the object, you might be able to simplify it by using the script class of the incense burner for another object, but then you would essentially have an incense burner in the shape of something else. You can change the script class of an object by right clicking the OBJK resource in S3PE and choosing Edit OBJK. Change the row where it says Script. The script class for the french incense holder is Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.IncenseHolderFrance

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 8:32 PM
Thanks that last line really helped. I can now edit objects like romantic candles, etc.

Acting just like an incense burner will be just fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Apr 2012 at 9:53 PM
OK ... I was able to change some candles to have this added.

I am thinking that "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Decorations.IncenseHolderFrance" can also have "France" replaced with "Egypt" or "China" to use the those scripts.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 1:52 PM
Yep. If you're unsure about a script class, you can look for the OBJK resource for the item in the FullBuild*.package. In some cases it might just be easier to clone to the object in S3OC to find the OBJK resource.

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.