Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Updated* (8/31/2012) EA\Maxis Mail & Trash Receptacles *Unlocked*

by CyberBob78 Posted 25th Apr 2012 at 8:59 AM - Updated 1st Sep 2012 at 4:11 AM by CyberBob78

55 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 9:52 AM
I'll be the first to post - I tried it out & the mailbox from Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs, & Lunar Lakes don't show up for me. I had actually bought all 3 of these worlds.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 11:09 AM
Perfect! I was searching for the trashcan fo a while now. I love the additional mailboxes. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 2:42 PM
This is great, and it's super neat to get it all in one download! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Virvatuli
This is great, and it's super neat to get it all in one download! Thanks!

Agreed! I've scrounged up a number of these features from elsewhere, but this one has some great additions and it's nice to be able to get it all in one place. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andistyr
I'll be the first to post - I tried it out & the mailbox from Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs, & Lunar Lakes don't show up for me. I had actually bought all 3 of these
worlds.

Please redownload ... I had accidentally uploaded a test version. The final version is now uploaded and should fix that issue.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 2:45 AM
So glad you made this. There's nothing more annoying than starting a new lot in a world with special mailboxes, like Lunar lakes, and having to be the only person in town with a normal mailbox
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 4:01 AM
Thank you!! I hate not being able to place mail boxes in apartments!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 6:17 AM
I redownloaded it and still the mailbox from Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs, & Lunar Lakes aren't showing up still for me.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 4:22 PM
Ooooooh, YAY!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 4:24 PM Last edited by CyberBob78 : 26th Apr 2012 at 4:36 PM.
I redownloaded it and still the mailbox from Barnacle Bay, Hidden Springs, & Lunar Lakes aren't showing up still for me.

Very Weird
Let's try the normal things ...
Did you clear your cache 1st?
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ete_Cache_Files

Perhaps you need to start a new game?

If you have the world objects installed as a package, this mod needs to be in the overrides folder.
It should be fine if everything is installed as a dbc though. But, you can try placing it in overrides anyways.

Perhaps there is a regional difference of some sort.
Do you know how to use s3pe?
You can use it to open the dbc or package files ...
Then find the OBJD for those 3 mailboxes and let me know what the group is.
It should be 0x01000000 or 0x02800000 for the paid content and 0x00000000 if they are decrapped. But, I tested it in my game with both original and decrapped files ... Worked fine for both.

So far you are the only person to report any issues though

Keep me posted and I'll do my best to get it working for ya.
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 6:06 PM

Same for me,and the colonial mailbox actually replaced the mailboxes in Lunar Lakes for the houses I checked.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 9:48 PM
That's ok - I don't want to mess with it - too much of a headache - Huge Lunatic unlocked those same mailboxes - I'll use those (I already have them in my game & they show up fine) & I downloaded the trashcan for free at TSR. I bought all 3 worlds. I wouldn't think I'd have to start a new game - I'm certainly not going to start any of my neighborhoods over. I've done that several times for different reasons. Not worth it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 4:49 AM
That's ok - I don't want to mess with it - too much of a headache - Huge Lunatic unlocked those same mailboxes - I'll use those (I already have them in my game & they show up fine) & I downloaded the trashcan for free at TSR. I bought all 3 worlds. I wouldn't think I'd have to start a new game - I'm certainly not going to start any of my neighborhoods over. I've done that several times for different reasons. Not worth it.

I hear ya. Lemme know if you ever want to look into this further
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by graciousgrover
Same for me,and the colonial mailbox actually replaced the mailboxes in Lunar Lakes for the houses I checked.

Yikes ... it isn't supposed to do that and I changed nothing that would cause that to happen at all
I haven't loaded lunar lakes ... but I can't test any further until My new hard drive shows up Should be early next week.
Inventor
#16 Old 27th Apr 2012 at 9:00 AM Last edited by XTS : 27th Apr 2012 at 9:30 AM.
I'll test it. Great idea! I can't say I can thoroughly test though, time limited but I will check

Looks like they are right. At least for me, it seems the same.

Under Appliance/Miscellaneous, I find:

*Colonial
*mailbox french name needs text (quoted from popup)
*Barney's Trash Chute
*Outdoor Trashcan
*Wall Mailbox

EDIT: I have all EPs and all SPs. Win 7 64 bit, 8 gig ram, 6670 AMD Radeon Graphics..
I have other mods but none that would affect this, no major mods. I have my own xml mods, & no mosaic, no intro, less memories. I only have 2 object meshes but do have plenty of store items including the Hidden Springs and Spell Book.

Anything I can do to help? I do not know how to mod a dbc file though, just xml & tuning files, but I do have S3pe, S3OC so maybe I can open something for you and look at it?

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#17 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XTS
Under Appliance/Miscellaneous, I find:

*Colonial
*mailbox french name needs text (quoted from popup)
*Barney's Trash Chute
*Outdoor Trashcan
*Wall Mailbox

Those were the only ones that showed up for me.I do use several mods as well but none that I can think of that would prevent any objects from showing.It will be a couple of days before I can play again but when I do I am going to put them back in and load a Barnacle Bay game to see if those get replaced.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by graciousgrover
Those were the only ones that showed up for me.I do use several mods as well but none that I can think of that would prevent any objects from showing.It will be a couple of days before I can play again but when I do I am going to put them back in and load a Barnacle Bay game to see if those get replaced.

Well, those are the base game objects ... Do you have Lunar lakes, Hidden Springs & Barnacle Bay Installed? If not, you have everything that you should. If yes, I'll do my best to help you fix it.
Inventor
#19 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 5:43 AM Last edited by XTS : 30th Apr 2012 at 9:48 AM.
I have Hidden Springs.. FYI Barnacle Bay and Lunar Lakes, I do not have. I can look into getting them though.

EDIT:Got them all now (worlds). Same situation, for the record.

Nonamena, did you use a subfolder? I ask because even with the worlds, I cannot see the other mailboxes. I was wondering if it's where I put the mod that makes the difference with me. Maybe certain mods act different if within more subfolders? I believe it's in Mods/Overrides/MTS Members/ because I put my own overrides in Mods/Overrides/XTS Mods/ and they work but these are a bit different mods than what I've made so I'm less familiar with them. I'm curious how you got it to work.

The mod also replaced all of Lunar Lakes with colonial, like GraciousGrover so I did a save as instead of save. I haven't tested Barnacle Bay yet. This is a great mod! I sure like the ability to use the french mailbox! I've already replaced my main games mailbox with that one. This should've already been enabled ingame by factory default, I think. Not sure why they didn't allow us that priviledge. Thanks CyberBob for the mod & for helping those of us having troubles. I know you can't do much until the hard drive comes in, totally understandable.

Just a few kinks to work out for some of us I guess.

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 5:07 PM
The mod works fine for me, and I have all three worlds from the store. This mod only alters the OBJD of the mailboxes, it does not supply any other resources for them. This means that if you don't have the items installed, you will not have them in your catalog. Also, if you decrapify your sims3packs, you'll need to decrapify this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 9:56 PM
If the mailbox is on a slope, the Sim will still be able to get their mail, is that right?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SAGGG
If the mailbox is on a slope, the Sim will still be able to get their mail, is that right?

For the most part ... If you put it half way up a cliff, the sim can't reach it.
But, as long as they can route to it, they should be able to use it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Apr 2012 at 8:06 AM
Cool. Will try it out and see if all goes well for me. Crossing fingers! Thanks!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 30th Apr 2012 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XTS
I have Hidden Springs.. FYI Barnacle Bay and Lunar Lakes, I do not have. I can look into getting them though.

EDIT:Got them all now (worlds). Same situation, for the record.

Nonamena, did you use a subfolder? I ask because even with the worlds, I cannot see the other mailboxes. I was wondering if it's where I put the mod that makes the difference with me. Maybe certain mods act different if within more subfolders? I believe it's in Mods/Overrides/MTS Members/ because I put my own overrides in Mods/Overrides/XTS Mods/ and they work but these are a bit different mods than what I've made so I'm less familiar with them. I'm curious how you got it to work.

The mod also replaced all of Lunar Lakes with colonial, like GraciousGrover so I did a save as instead of save. I haven't tested Barnacle Bay yet. This is a great mod! I sure like the ability to use the french mailbox! I've already replaced my main games mailbox with that one. This should've already been enabled ingame by factory default, I think. Not sure why they didn't allow us that priviledge. Thanks CyberBob for the mod & for helping those of us having troubles. I know you can't do much until the hard drive comes in, totally understandable.

Just a few kinks to work out for some of us I guess.

Sorry, have been a bit busy and didn't get back to this. I have this particular mod in Mods\Packages as I use CC Magic to keep my package files organized. Most of my XML mods get merged into one file with CC Magic, but when I'm testing a new mod I leave it in Mods\Packages.

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Inventor
#25 Old 1st May 2012 at 6:21 AM Last edited by XTS : 3rd May 2012 at 11:24 AM.
@ Nonamena, No worries! I saw that in your blog (Cc magic to organize). Thanks for replying. Maybe if these storms pass I can test again with it moved.... just to see. **fingers crossed**

EDIT:I'm going to redownload. I see it was updated 28th. I DL'd before that. Then I'll retest it. Maybe my system is just finicky or I had the older one?

Page 1 of 3