Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Script for Custom Foods (removes Foul Food, Tunable, Includes Custom Buffs) - Updated 29 June

by NonaMena Posted 1st May 2012 at 2:36 PM - Updated 27th Jan 2014 at 9:33 PM by NonaMena : Updated OBJK Overrides

73 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st May 2012 at 3:21 PM
This is excellent! I use the Edible Pastries from Sandy at ATS and I have now downloaded the sushi and cupcakes to use with your script. This is inspiring! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st May 2012 at 3:31 PM
Cooooool! Thank you! That's very useful!
Scholar
#4 Old 1st May 2012 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ATS Sandy
Cooooool! Thank you! That's very useful!

OMG! Sandy I just left a message to you over at the Forum!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st May 2012 at 7:54 PM
Very glad that you find it useful

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st May 2012 at 10:35 PM
Thanks for this! I *love* my custom foods & this is very helpful
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd May 2012 at 12:26 PM
I love you nonamena, now can i make Custom pies for sims :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 2nd May 2012 at 4:03 PM
Again, I want to thank you for creating this! It's very useful
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th May 2012 at 10:06 AM Last edited by nonamena : 11th May 2012 at 8:31 PM.
This mod has been updated to include new custom buffs! Also, it will now require localization. Your help translating my mod will be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for feedback on the buffs. Please let me know, how I can improve them and if you'd like to be involved in icon creation. If I choose to use your icon, you will be given full credit for it (you must agree to my distribution terms).

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th May 2012 at 8:15 AM
Can someone explain this to me? Do I have to do anything with it? Do I just place it in my mods folder and that's it? lol..
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th May 2012 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WyrmKing
Can someone explain this to me? Do I have to do anything with it? Do I just place it in my mods folder and that's it? lol..

Sorry if you are confused. These are the How to Install instructions from the thread.

How to Install:
1. Place the NonaEdibleFood_WITHCustomBuffs.package in your Mods\Packages folder, or wherever you keep your mods.
2. Make sure you have installed some custom food from ATS3, OBP or Parisian Sims!
3. Download the OBJK Overrides available at my blog and place them in your Mods\Overrides folder.
4. Tune the objects to your liking by editing the XMLs in the NonaEdibleFood_WITHCustomBuffs.package.
5. Before you start your game for the first time with this mod installed, delete the scriptcache.package found in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th May 2012 at 6:26 PM
Thanks for explaining it, I do have one more question though... do I need this mod? I've downloaded alot of the edible food.. but my question is.. do I NEED this mod because I have the food? I know sims eating the food will get a negative moodlet but that doesn't really bother me since I can just ctrl+click it away.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th May 2012 at 6:37 PM
Nope, you don't need this mod at all. The food will function just fine without it, a few obvious quirks aside (such as snob sims getting Foul Food moodlet, and custom food increasing dried food tomb stats, etc.) This mod just makes the food better, and more fun, in my opinion.

Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 13th May 2012 at 11:57 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 14th May 2012 at 12:25 AM.
I downloaded a lot of these food and yes different moodlets will be the cherry on the top ^^

But will the custom moodlets and their texts work in non-english games? I'm fine with the text appearing in english, I'll translate them for myself if there's an STBL in the package.
EDIT: I should always carefully read everything before posting lol. Okay, grabbing the override on your blog
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th May 2012 at 7:13 AM
Yes, I have included all STBLs in the package. Everything will be in English for non-English games, but you won't see any funny strings. If you translate, please send me a copy!
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 14th May 2012 at 12:43 PM
Done. Here's the mod with the added French language STBLs.

BTW I love the new icons and moodlets, it really fleshes out the game a bit more! With the custom food & moodlets, Sandy's custom drinks and the mod Drinks for your sim the game is now a blast and parties are fun; I love it
Attached files:
File Type: rar  French Translation.rar (29.5 KB, 28 downloads)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th May 2012 at 2:13 PM
Thank you for sharing your translation!

And I'm glad you like the mod. If you have any suggestions for moodlets/icons etc. please don't hesitate to share

Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 17th May 2012 at 12:23 AM
YAY for the new pizza buff! Great idea for the geek sims. My hackers will love that!
BTW OBP made new edible cakes and lovely stands to use with them. Our sims are SO spoiled. I'm jealous.

Here's the new translation in French for the pizza line. But the line " (Reason: ate Pizza) " is missing from your new version, is it on purpose? Oh well nevermind, I'm very tired and must be missing something...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  NonaEdibleFood_WITHCustomBuffs FR.rar (36.0 KB, 75 downloads)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th May 2012 at 8:04 AM
Thank you so much for translation The moodlet origin "From Eating Pizza" is available in the base game, so I used that one instead of my own string

Thanks for the tip on the OBP cakes. They came out a few minutes after I went to sleep. I shall update the OBJK overrides after breakfast I think they will use the decadent dessert moodlet!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th May 2012 at 10:03 AM
The OBJK Overrides available at my blog have been updated to include OBP's Edible Cakes.

Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 17th May 2012 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nonamena
The moodlet origin "From Eating Pizza" is available in the base game, so I used that one instead of my own string
Haha I knew I was missing something.
Totally forgot about the game's pizza, can you believe it? I think last time I ordered one in the game was like a year ago. It was such a mess with all the guests route failing to grab a slice that I deleted the pizza from my memory.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th May 2012 at 10:56 PM
I can definitely believe it. Ordering pizza can be a huge fiasco, especially at parties!

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 19th May 2012 at 4:34 PM
I made the Dutch Strings, they coming soon!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 19th May 2012 at 4:56 PM
Default Dutch Translate
And here the Dutch Translate
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MTS yannickvanloon - NonaEdibleFood Dutch Translate.rar (981 Bytes, 35 downloads)
Description: Dutch Translate by yannickvanloon

DUTCH TRANSLATOR FOR MODS
Do you have a mod? I can translate this to Dutch, PM me.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th May 2012 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yannickvanloon
And here the Dutch Translate

Thank you very much!

Page 1 of 3