Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 19th Dec 2016 at 11:34 PM
"just add some mountain dew and doritos cool ranch" - ihate's friend

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#52 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 4:31 PM
This is a blast from the past!
Quote: Originally posted by peevpee
@simsample
Ok.. so is that version of Sims an FPS? And is the player shooting at his grandfather?

I think Alexander Goth finally lost it!
Mad Poster
#53 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 7:12 PM
I like how Bella is in Portal. Explains why she is lost.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TortureTheNannies
While playing Sim City 2000, world news gave me an idea for a dangerous city. It was also a challenge we might see in many first person shooter games. Sims 3, Bosnia adventures. Dodge snipers to get your mail and bills. Face mines and grenades on your way to work. There's a tank blocking your path to the hospital,so what will your wife do now? Hear a boom this morning and your neighbor's house is a pile of trash. It woud be made by Firaxis, I imagine. hmm. Civilization 5, the simulated village. One quote to my sims "Three words, increase your medication."

Some indie game developer made a game from this concept back in 2014. I don't know if anyone here knows this but the game is titled "This War of Mine". It's a survival game and as Steam reviews say, a "Depression Simulator". It's a game definitely worth trying.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 10:53 PM
Wanna add that if Rockstar made the sims, there would be probably be no family gameplay, neither no baby-teen life stages.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 7:14 PM
As I see it, other companies have made their own versions of The Sims; Last Day of Work made Virtual Villagers and Virtual Families, a company called "Sierra" in the 1990s had a game called "Jones in the Fast Lane," and its been said the Sims was inspired by a 1980s game called "Little Computer People."

Looking at history, I think what put the Sims over the top was the fact the original could say it was from the creators of SimCity and specifically Will Wright, the later versions can call themselves "new and improved" or whatever. If it were made by another company it may have been an obscure game.

Also, as I have heard of the title and developer that caused the thread necromancy, I can definitely say I'm glad we don't have a totally unfinished game that not only cannot be completed but also currently requires replaying the same week over and over, and quite honestly, seems to be clickbait.
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 12:53 AM
Sierra - now there's a blast from the past name.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Wanna add that if Rockstar made the sims, there would be probably be no family gameplay, neither no baby-teen life stages.

I bet rockstar will fuck up the game with sexual harassment, racism, and everything to be shocking cause that Rockstar for you,
Field Researcher
#59 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:04 PM
Just drivin' by. Great necro.
Theorist
#60 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 4:45 PM
I remember this thread, a lot of it really seems rather "If the Sim characters were in a different game/genre" rather than "what if the Sims were developed by a different studio"

I know a lot of it is meant to be humor but well... would also be nice to see more actual speculation.
I'll give it a try:

If Bethesda would develop a life simulation I can imagine it would be very photo-realistic, there'd likely be shout-outs tot heir other games like Vault-Boy decoration items and the game might be very resource-taxing and very buggy on launch (so nothing new with that last one) If it would spawn something akin to Stuff Packs I can imagine a 50s Retro Pack might be one of the first ones.

If Paradox would develop a life simulation I can imagine it would be very solid, extremely moddable and would offer actually challenging and rewarding gameplay like Sims1/2. I can imagine the art-style would be similar to Sims 3 (meaning less charming and lively that Sims 1 or 2) and there'd be a lot of small and large expansions that would actually be worth the money they charge for them and the development team would take player feedback on their official forums into account when fixing, changing, expanding and adding game elements.
The general "atmosphere" of the game would also likely be more on the European side than the obviously American Sims series (not a pro or a con, just the impression I get when lookign at Sim City 4 and Cities: Skylines) and there'd probably some Easter eggs concerning a comet being sighted, Bears and general Swedish/Scandinavian culture.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Alchemist
#61 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 10:27 PM
a game named "The Sims" from another company; that name I take to be reserved by EA/Maxis. best chance of EA/Maxis selling the rights for this game to another company might be if the other company paid a lot of money.

though other companies may legally make games of same genre.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#62 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 1:50 AM
Well Cities Skylines is really an updated Sims City 4 - the name is not that far off and, tbh, is probably not really that important. Simulation games are pretty widespread and I'm sure EAxis don't hold copyright over the type of game.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Page 3 of 3