Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#51 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 12:00 AM Last edited by Beccapixie10 : 17th Jul 2012 at 12:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
Oh! p.s. Beccapixie10! Nice job cramming in all those bedroom but you forgot your kitchen sink! (They may take points off for that) It looks like you have room for some eating counters. Then you can use the wall counter for the sink.

I purposefully didn't use a kitchen sink - I have a personal grudge against them in TS3, honestly, because everyone crowds around them after a meal and then everyone routing fails and it's all a big mess. Especially with a kitchen in that configuration, neither food preparation nor a sink can occur/be placed on a corner counter, and they do need somewhere for preparation. I find if there's a couple of sinks elsewhere in the house, they'll spread out a bit to go to them. And with a house so small, they're not very far away, either.
I guess it's a playability thing that might not be entirely relevant to a challenge house, but as I said. Personal issues with kitchen sinks in TS3 on logical grounds, and space issues in this house, hopefully I won't lose too many points, if any. (:

Oh, also, I forgot to say when I posted mine - great houses, everyone! :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 12:35 AM
I am entering but I would also like to judge. :D
Test Subject
#53 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CreativeMommy1985
I am entering but I would also like to judge. :D

Ignore that post...lol! Already got it cleared up.

Tattoos are like stories--they are symbolic of the important moments in your life!

Abruzzi Legacy --> http://abruzzilegacy.blogspot.com/
Test Subject
#54 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 12:42 AM
i would like to be a judge
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
#55 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 9:07 AM Last edited by adonispluto : 31st Jul 2012 at 6:02 AM.
Quote:
No adding more foundation on

Please I need a clarification on this condition. I used some foundation in the lot not attached to the foundation.Is this allowed?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#56 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 12:36 PM
To me, no adding more foundation on states, that you can't add more foundation to any place at the lot (whether it was touching the existing foundation, or separate to it.).
Echezzman Nwokeoma
#57 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
To me, no adding more foundation on states, that you can't add more foundation to any place at the lot (whether it was touching the existing foundation, or separate to it.).

Thank Armiel for the clarification, now got to knock them out
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 5:05 PM
Yep, Armi is right. No more foundation means absolutely no more foundation

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#59 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 10:56 PM
Default Application
For my application I decided to make something smaller, cute, and classic but retaining space to make it comfortable. So I came up with a cozy 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom home featuring 2 stories, an open & colorful living space, complete landscaping including a pond, and a large kitchen.

Front

Back

Floor Plans

Lot Overview

Entry

Living Area

Master Bedroom

Guest/Second Bedroom

The house is decorated with many colors and I tried to make it different from some of my other homes by using so many different colors together. I think the interior is one of my best, If I do say so myself!

Of course this house contains a moderate amount of custom content, and so I'd like to thank the following creators and sites;

Fresh Prince,
Purplepaws,
Awesims,
KiaraRawks,
Ung999,
Cmomoney,
HugeLunatic,
Qbuilderz,
Armiel,
Roan_ at TSR,
and Deeiutza at TSR.

I'm really looking forward to this contest as I wasn't around during the last foundations contest. Everyones houses look great so far!

Enjoy!

PM me with a request!
Test Subject
#60 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 4:34 AM Last edited by CrimsonRaeden : 18th Jul 2012 at 5:33 AM.
Application
Well, here's my application for round 1. I wanted to make something that was modern but felt cozier than most modern houses feel to me. The architecture is modern in style with wooden interior and exterior to add a little warmth. The furniture is a mix of modern and elegant styles, most of which is wood or wood accented. The yard has 3 flower beds, one small garden in the front which is currently empty, a number of lawn gnomes and flamingos, and two benches each shaded by their own tree.

1 BDR, 1 BTH, Small front garden, and a Storage Shed.

Front:

Back:

First Floor: Living Room, Kitchen, Dining, and Back Porch

Second Floor: Bedroom and Bath

I didn't use any CC, all items are from the store, Base Game, or from the World Adventures/Pets/Late Night/Ambitions EPs.
Test Subject
#61 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 7:40 AM Last edited by InesMarie : 21st Jul 2012 at 6:31 AM.
Default Celeste's Ark
Hello! I want to join this contest but I may not be able to fully furnish my house with the animals and arrange the furniture by Friday. Why? Because the Shoshone, Commanche and Bannock are taking over Jackson Hole, Wyoming this week for a multi-tribe reunion. The family got the flag made up tonight and Auntie is bringing the saddles for the parade. We are all leaving town tomorrow after work with relatives and we won't get back until Friday evening.

So I am entering my "Celeste's Ark" as an entry. Consider her still moving in. She is an animal lover who wants to open a pet store. She is catching fish for the tanks. The cowplant is safely on an island in the middle of the pond full of fish. There will eventually be turtles, lizards, cats, dogs, birds, etc. as soon as the spawners generate them so Celeste can catch them. Her 1 bedroom apartment is above the store which as you can see is still in disarray.

If I get back early enough on Friday, I will try to upload more pictures. I just want to make sure enough people enter so this contest isn't cancelled.

Friday 11:29 pm Mountain Time: Ok! I'm back. 90 + degrees and melting here. After the power failure it is still before midnight in Hawaii. Here are my updated pictures.

Front:

rear:

first floor - Pet shop:

second floor - living quarters:

roof:

bedroom:

Kitchen:

Living:

Pet shop:

Pet shop:

Here's a bonus picture of our nephew with the Bannock flag the family made for the parade. (He designed it.)
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 8:09 AM
Nice! Im thinking about entering this contest, but, can you use cfe foundations instead of the ones given, because I want to put a basement into my house and I find it easier using CFE basements than normal ones. So the only thing is... Am I allowed to replace Qbuilderz foundation with CFE foundation as long as i don't change the Plan or shape of the foundation. If you get that...

Just Call me Square!
Test Subject
#63 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by squaretable
Nice! Im thinking about entering this contest, but, can you use cfe foundations instead of the ones given, because I want to put a basement into my house and I find it easier using CFE basements than normal ones. So the only thing is... Am I allowed to replace Qbuilderz foundation with CFE foundation as long as i don't change the Plan or shape of the foundation. If you get that...

The rules say you can't adjust the height of the foundation, I believe using CFE would qualify as adjusting the height and I'm pretty sure adding a basement is also against the rules.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
#64 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 9:32 AM
Default Application
This is my entry for the application round of the foundation contest. As stated in the rule, the house's foundation is totally unmodified. I decided for a kind of more modern traditional house for a family of four. The house features two bedrooms with en-suit bathrooms, and a laundry room on the first floor, while the ground floor consists of the sitting area, kitchen and dining both of which have a direct access to the back garden.

The outdoor is fully landscaped with decorated garden, and also consists of a pool, jacuzzi, BBQ area and some fun places, and not the least a single car pack space to the left of the front view. Without much ado, here are the pictures.

Required screenshots

Front view

Back view

Floor plans

Ground level

First floor

Additional Images

Overview of the Lot

Additional exterior pics (10):

Additional Interior shots (8):

I used all game EP and SP.

The Custom contents used are

APMowed grass from Lawns
Cabin Rugs

Hope you enjoy it.
Forum Resident
#65 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 2:01 PM Last edited by PlayinSafe : 18th Jul 2012 at 2:08 PM. Reason: forgetfulness :/
Quote: Originally posted by squaretable

No!
Please read OP!

RULES > Building away from the foundation > ...This means no over hangs for more space and no adding basements.

ETA:
Perfectionist - CrimsonRaeden - InesMarie - adonispluto
Yay! All are very nice lots!
Thank you for entering!
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlayinSafe
No!
Please read OP!

RULES > Building away from the foundation > ...This means no over hangs for more space and no adding

I was thinking about not expanding them but using walls with CFE rather than standard basements, I find it easier to work with, and I'd follow the original basement by removing it bit by bit and putting walls in instead, it wouldn't be overhanging or adding, just simPle replacing them, similar to changing them to decks. Would that be allowed?

Just Call me Square!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 4:51 PM Last edited by QBUILDERZ : 18th Jul 2012 at 5:04 PM.
"No altering the foundation is allowed"

Completely deleting the foundation sounds like an alteration to me No, you can't, especially because there might be CFE foundations in a future round...*dundundun*

The first post has been updated! We officially have over ten entries. When round two begins, we can get this moved to the proper forum and THEN...then...the real challenge starts. *evil laughter*

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#68 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 5:19 PM
I'm confused...does our application round count as one of the 4 rounds or are there still 4 more? And is the application being judged?

PM me with a request!
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 5:47 PM
Application Round is labeled as Entry round and, either way, it is still "Round 1"

I had to do it this way because you need to submit a lot as your entry. That way people can't come in, say they are interested, and never submit something. I wanted to force the first entry and lock everyone into place. So, yes, application round is being judged, because it is round 1. Everyone just built their first round lot.

So, to clarify, Entry Round = Application Round = Round 1. All different ways of saying the same thing.

The second question is, yes, we are going to judge these entries. Everyone followed the rules, nobody had an advantage, and the people who submitted did a great job! It will be nice to hand out some extra points for it, I think. Plus, it'd be kind of a bummer for all of you guys to have put so much work into them and to not get credit.

Inventor
#70 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 9:37 PM
Since this is my first contest entry ever (plus, I'm not very good at building), I decided to go with a simple theme for my round 1 entry: a house that a Sim would want to live in. I hope you like it!

Front

Back

Floor Plan

First Floor

Second Floor

I had one of my Sims (an architectural designer, of course) walk through the house so I could show it to you in more detail.

Here, we have an in-ground pool. I was going to put a diving board in but I couldn't remember where TS3 put it. Besides, the water's too shallow for a safe dive anyway.

On the other side of the house, we have a telescope and some rose bushes.

Going into the house itself, we have most of the first floor in this picture. There's a large living room for watching TV and playing video games, a dining room with a bay window, and the main bathroom. The laundry room is also in this picture.

This picture shows the kitchen. Keeping with my theme, I put all the best appliances in.

Going up to the second floor, this picture shows the upstairs bathroom and the master bedroom. The only reason that this bathroom has a regular shower as opposed to a shower/tub is that the regular shower takes up less space.

This picture shows both bedrooms. I guess I forgot to put a dresser in the kids' bedroom.

Finally, we have the computer room. This room is all about having the latest technology - a high end computer, a high end TV, video games, and a high end bookshelf to hold the manuals.

This house uses one and only one piece of CC, that being the lot itself. I didn't use any store content. As for expansions, I used World Adventures and Ambitions.

Credits for Custom Content:
QBUILDERZ for the lot
Test Subject
#71 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 9:44 PM
Hey, look, another entry! This is a home designed for bachelor Gilbert Bellschmidt -- cookies if you get the reference. It's a one bedroom, two bathroom home with a rooftop party area. Be warned, large images are indeed large.

The house features a well-stocked kitchen, a large single bedroom with attached washroom, and a rooftop with a wonderful view of the city. Located in the desert city of Setra, the house uses light, earthy tones in order to keep the indoors cool.

Required Pictures

Extra Images

Custom Content Used
World: Setra, Jewel of the Sands
All the pretty furniture: SIMcredible
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 10:46 PM Last edited by Rishara : 19th Jul 2012 at 12:27 AM.
Default Application
Hi, this is my entry for round 1. I'm really excited to get in on this contest as I usually manage to miss them by a few days or so.

For this round, I built a serene beach house on the cliffs of Starlight Shores. It has a view of the ocean and an opulent pool. The landscaping is a mixture of native grasses (and err weeds), tropical plants and the wilder growing flowers. The house has 3 bedrooms (one is being used as an office), and 2 1/4 baths. The sims living there love to paint so there is soome modern art scattered throughout the house. I hope you enjoy it!

Front View:

Rear View:

First Floor Overhead View:

Second Floor Overhead View:

View from the back porch:

CC Used:

Aya's Grass & Weeds
Puplepaws TS2 -> TS3 - BV Souvenirs and Collectables
MK's Sea Surf Kitchen Set
Vitasims 3 Outdoor Rattan Set
lemoncandy's Set of Candles
Ewelina20's Abstract Paintings
Orangemittens Sheer Curtain Set
Sookielee's EA Roofs with White Trim

Argh, I fixed the overhead views to remove the 'ghost' Sims, but stupid photobucket must have the old ones cached. I will try to fix them (again) tomorrow when I am back to my desktop.
Captain Louie
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 4:12 AM
Hey everyone! Amazing stuff so far :D

Note to the judges: I am nearly finished making the scoring rubric. Do not post scores publicly, I will do all of the transactions via PM.

Note to the participants: I put up the official countdown on the first page! Just under two days left! Once it hits July 21st in Hawaii, everyone is done, no matter what!

Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 7:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ
"No altering the foundation is allowed"

Completely deleting the foundation sounds like an alteration to me No, you can't, especially because there might be CFE foundations in a future round...*dundundun*

The first post has been updated! We officially have over ten entries. When round two begins, we can get this moved to the proper forum and THEN...then...the real challenge starts. *evil laughter*

Oh okay, I'll see what I can do tomorrow, because it's the last day of the year for me Are you allowed to put in decks though? I might use my lot in a world I'm doing later.

Just Call me Square!
Forum Resident
#75 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 7:30 AM Last edited by Morphead : 19th Jul 2012 at 9:01 AM.
Everyone's entry's are looking fantastic! I'm up against stiff competition. But here I go anyway :D

After this long hiatus from building, I have something real nice for you all!
I just love a house in yellow so I chose bold and bright hue on wood siding. Combining an attractive brown mix brick, it adds a warm and earthy feeling to the scene. Tasteful landscaping brings together modern expectations and beautiful nature.
In the backyard, a pool will cool you off under under this record high heat. Floor-bound dolphins are a great sight, as if on an ocean dive. On cooler nights, sit back in on plushed wicker furniture and enjoy the blaze of a Behemoth fireplace.
On the inside your immediately greeted by a double high foyer, drenched in a cozy soil coloured paint. To your right you'll find the guest bathroom. To the left, the rest of the abode. Stepping into the Living Room the open layout, refreshingly painted a Leaf tone, holds enough room to stage a small party. Counter-side the accent wall, in a pond colour, is the Dining Room. The warm kitchen in muted cream is capable of handling all your culinary needs.
Moving upstairs, the hallway continues the Leaf tone paint. Either bedroom, in the aforementioned muted cream, contain sturdy wood furniture. This means it's able to hold up to anything. Anything

CC Credits to:
HugeLunatic - Windows
cmomoney - Decor
Armiel - Chimney
EA Store - Kitchen Counters

All other viewable CC is by me, including roof.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom

Page 3 of 16