Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:16 PM Last edited by ANiallGirl4Life : 23rd Feb 2015 at 8:16 PM.
Default 100 Generations Challenge
The title pretty much says it all....you must get through 100 generations! And the founders DO NOT count as Gen 1

RULES:
1. Like a legacy, you must make only one sim and they can only marry NPCs. If you run out of NPCs (dunno if that's possible or not) you can make your own sims, leave them in the family bin and let fate do it's magic OR your sim can be single and just adopt a BABY from the adoption agency. You may move them onto an empty lot to build their house or you can move them into an already made one BUT it has to be one you made, and they must afford it, you can't use money cheats. Also, you can move them off and on lots as many times as you want, but it has to be on an empty lot so they can build a new house, or into an already existing house that YOU made. Again, no money cheats.

2. PLAY WITH NO CHEATS! No maxmotives, motherlode or anything. You may use the cheats to make the plumbob go away and cheats like that, but that's it. Only use maxMotives if you're absoloutly desperate. (By desperate I mean all needs are in red zone or orange zone) or if you have a pregnant sim.

3. You must roll a die for everything. How many kids are gonna be in a specific generation, aspirations, etc. If you don't have a die handy (like me) find another way to deicde stuff. I ask people in the General Chat what aspiration, how many kids, etc. And I also found a site called random.org that's really helpful

4. Each generation must have a specific theme in names. Like "Colors" or named after characters in books, movies, etc. Try not to use the same theme twice, but if you can't come up with anything else you may. Although you may not use the same theme back to back. As in, the same theme can't be used two generations in a row.

5. Like a regular legacy, you must pick a heir or heiress to continue on the family name. And each way you decide must be different. Oldest, Most Nice Points, etc. Or again you can just use random.org to decide for you :P

6. This rule only applys if you have Seasons. There must be at least 1 generation where everyone works from home (author, painter, etc.) and you must make a little farm/garden. See if you can last like that for 1 generation, and then if money is ever tight, you can use the garden for food. (I recommend building a greenhouse so that you can still get food in the winter)

I think that's everything. I will add more rules, but mostly from here on out, they'll be only if you have a certain EP or totally optional all together. Are you guys up for it? I'm gonna try it out myself after I finish my alphabet legacy.

UPDATE: thanks to the glorious -note the sarcasm- Windows 8, I no longer have a way to play TS2 and I am currently working on (slight) modifications of this challenge for Sims Life Stories (seeing as TS3 seems to hate my guts and refuses to install without going to Origin first). Along with that, there MIGHT be some additional rules/rule changes to the TS2 version of this challenge. So stay tuned!

Call me Britt, an amateur ToTer
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:50 PM
Sounds fun - I'm just wondering if my game'll implode upon itself with all of the Sims.

Is 100 generations even possible? Excuse my ignorance/doubt - I've only managed fifteen at the most myself (until I got bored, of course).

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NaeShelle
Sounds fun - I'm just wondering if my game'll implode upon itself with all of the Sims.

Is 100 generations even possible? Excuse my ignorance/doubt - I've only managed fifteen at the most myself (until I got bored, of course).

Lol I don't exactly know myself. Although I think it is. The most I;ve gotten is like 4, but that'll soon be bumped up to 26 once I finish my alphabet legacy :D

Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 11:08 PM
I've heard of extended legacies, but, never this long, so, it'll be an interesting challenge.; are there any rules about which challenges we may incorporate into it? (i.e. "Mistress", "Black Widow", "Foster Home", etc.)

This would make a fun BACC background plot.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NaeShelle
I've heard of extended legacies, but, never this long, so, it'll be an interesting challenge.; are there any rules about which challenges we may incorporate into it? (i.e. "Mistress", "Black Widow", "Foster Home", etc.)

This would make a fun BACC background plot.

Hmmm.....I'll think about it and add it to the rules if I come up with anything

Scholar
#7 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 7:09 AM
this does look very tempting...I might just try this, I have only just reached gen5 in my apox hood & still have only reached gen3 in my prosperity challange (which is a year older than apox hood)...but I think I'll wait till after at the very least my apox is done...would like to know if it is feasible (as previously mentioned) to incorporated other challenges into this, or use other challanges to kick start this one...I love the idea of an extremely well settled (generations upon generations) neighborhood for my sims!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 2:20 PM
Wow I'm getting lots of good feedback for this challenge which kinda surprises me
If you can find a way to incorperate other challenges into this, feel free to as long as this one is the overall main challenge

Instructor
#9 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 6:23 PM
At least it is possible to reach 62 generations, as Maxon (or another MTS-Simmer?) did. Maybe 100 is also possible xD

This sounds interesting, but only for the future. I'm at generation 8 and have future plans at least untill 15. Maybe after that, if there's just one Sim left alive of my current family...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 6:29 PM
I think you should change the challenge a bit.

100 Generations would take a lifetime tbh haha. I think I'm gonna play this challenge with 25 Generations which is still pretty hard imo.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by colazocker13
I think you should change the challenge a bit.

100 Generations would take a lifetime tbh haha. I think I'm gonna play this challenge with 25 Generations which is still pretty hard imo.

I guess it all depends on how fast you play and how patient you are I'm a fairly fast player, but patience? Oh boy. This is gonna be interesting

Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 7:37 PM
Wish I had the patience. I've never managed a legacy; even in hoods I'm interested in, by 4 generations I'm bored with them.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#13 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 8:01 PM
I had a friend who did something like this. Or rather, she just wanted to see how many generations she could get to in a day in an almost vanilla game. She made a sim and then whoever was the first person to walk by or who she saw became the spouse/sperm donor to be. She spent enough time to either get her original knocked up and/or married and then sped through the pregnancy to birth. After the baby was born she'd cheat to age them up and begin again. If there were more than one kid, she'd age them all up and whoever had the best chemistry with the first person to walk by was the heir It sounds pretty easy but I think she made it to 13 gens.

This challenge seems like it would take a long time though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lg135
I had a friend who did something like this. Or rather, she just wanted to see how many generations she could get to in a day in an almost vanilla game. She made a sim and then whoever was the first person to walk by or who she saw became the spouse/sperm donor to be. She spent enough time to either get her original knocked up and/or married and then sped through the pregnancy to birth. After the baby was born she'd cheat to age them up and begin again. If there were more than one kid, she'd age them all up and whoever had the best chemistry with the first person to walk by was the heir It sounds pretty easy but I think she made it to 13 gens.

This challenge seems like it would take a long time though.

It all depends on how fast a player you are and how much patience you have I guess

Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 4:27 AM
Candy, I accept, I AM NO LONGER A WIMP, Plus i will blog it.
Test Subject
#16 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 2:06 PM
I'm not sure I'll have 100 themes, My first generation is going to be named by popular citys
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pandapurple
I'm not sure I'll have 100 themes, My first generation is going to be named by popular citys

That's cool try your best to come up with 100 different things to name the kids after, but if you need to repeat stuff, that's ok

Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 9:33 PM
I got up to 95 Generations... 5 more to go. :o
Test Subject
#19 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 10:17 PM
I got up to generation six. Then my game tries to die on me everytime something major happens.

Then again, it could be the house. It is kinda huge, with two massive gardens, a small garden on the second floor, and bamboo shoots all around the driveway. Plants kill my game.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zebbix
I got up to 95 Generations... 5 more to go. :o

This was a while ago, so I'm guessing you made it? Did you ever put a family tree/blog online for it? Id be interested to see!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 8:11 PM
I get attached too easily; this'll be a challenging challenge. But consider it in progress.

TS2 Challenge Addict.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 10:42 PM
I guess if you just had one child per generation the game could go really fast. I've only got up to generation 8 and it took me several years, but then I was playing all the kids and their families so each rotation took a while (and got ever bigger with the expanding population). However, I'm sure I'd get bored by the 10th. I once tried to do the queen bee challenge to get 60 kids and got bored halfway. Playing just to get numbers doesn't really interest me.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 5:32 AM
I'm assuming you'd have to have mod or hack that cleans out Sims and NPCs etc pretty frequently to do this?! I read a Wiki article that mentioned something about how a good game lifespan before you need to reinstall is like 10 generations. Which is reasonable enough, honestly three is a challenge for me. But 100!? That's major Sim and file bloating.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 2:53 AM
@Zebbix Did you ever finish the challenge?

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 7:36 PM
I'm playing a family im on gen.3 but I'm playing every single family member, trying to complete all of gen.2 till they pass away and then start all over again on gen.3. I am a very fast player with no patience, I follow most of the legacy rules but I like to have big families and end up using max motives. My biggest gen was 7. So i'm hoping this time I get a bit further you can see it here
http://www.familyecho.com/?p=START&...634410329296216
Page 1 of 3