Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hugbug993
I see. I was thinking of something completely different, which didn't fit the context.

So toddlers will be able to swim? Will there be a skill for that, like with walking and talking?

Yeah Toddler will be able to swim. But I don't think skill (the ideas aren't excatally 100% planned out)
Shoot.. I forgot to mention in the toddler post they can get into toddler "devilment" (ie. play around in the toilet bowl) and I also forgot to mention toddler bed too. I guess I can go add them now

where should I mention the board game idea? (It ties in with pets and kidnapping)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 5:12 AM
If it's long enough, in its own section?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 5:19 AM
If it's long enough, in its own section?

Since its a paragraph long I guess I can go into its own section. I guess I can make a second paragraph about the how it would relate to kidnapping idea (even though I will discuss kidnapping latter..somehow)

Children

Children will be able to help with gardening and using the microwave and toaster and can use the stove with parents' supervision and able to play instruments. There would be a playhouse and a play kitchen. Costumes: dragon, teacher, bride, dancer, etc and toy cash registers that could even look from a Western movie or from modern time

Elementary school and children would 1)learn skills there and 2)bring home assignments for specific classes (which you chose on the child aging up to child, from toddler). There would be events like 'bake sale' at the school. Oh and there would be recesses for children

Next up-Preteens
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 3:38 AM
I'd really like to hear how board games are related to kidnapping.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 4:04 AM Last edited by Celoptra : 7th Nov 2012 at 8:52 PM.
lol

pre-teen
can have crushes (it would not get any farther then 'puppy love' and writing notes (girls) and teasing like pulling on a girl's hair (boys) but get embarrassed by someone coming in and see them playing with "childish" things, can cook with the stove without supervision, but can only cook very simple things. middle school, tougher assignments than elementary, but not as tough as high school. and learn skills (any ideas for tougher assignments then elementary but easier then high school school?).

Next Up-Teens
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 8:40 PM
Now I think that the people disagreeing are just doing it because they can.

For tougher assignments, reading longer books or writing longer papers than elementary would be a good place to start.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 9:04 PM Last edited by Celoptra : 7th Nov 2012 at 10:51 PM.
teen
can get acne, sneak out, cook more fine things high school more difficult assignments and learn skills

example:
Home Ec class:
week 1 could be cooking

week 2 sewing

week 3 family?

week 4 either week 4 or 5 would be taking the doll simulator home. It could be done in two ways.

1)not a "couple" yes the active sim can have a gf/bf but I don't mean a couple in that sense.* I will explain in number 2 The active sim will take the doll home and take care of it for a period (ie weekend).

2)the "class/club" will be paired up with someone of the opposite (or same) gender (up to the player) and they have to share the doll.(hard for me to explain what I'm trying too)

(there would also be other classes too but I haven't really thought out classes at the moment for children-teens).

and maybe that during the last week or so of school they send apprliactions to uni/colleges.

sub-topic the kids (child through teen) have three different styles of learning: Visual, Audio and hands-on (Kinsethic?)

For girls at this stage there would be Pathfinders (and for boys Male eviquent) and in the previous two stages Brownies/male eviquent-child, Guiding/male eviquent-pre-teen. *execpt that girls can go into scouting and vice versa.

for all ages clubs-
drama
Gardening/Environment
Science
any other club ideas?

Next UP YAs

*Should I remove the adoption bit from underneath babies and put it underneath YAs?
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 9:08 PM
Why would the students be paired up with someone of the opposite gender for the baby simulator?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 10:02 PM
Why would the students be paired up with someone of the opposite gender for the baby simulator?

Its hard for me to explain. But in old stories or TV shows (which depict schools middle or high) there would be parings between opposite genders for the "Home Ec" kind of class.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celoptra
Its hard for me to explain. But in old stories or TV shows (which depict schools middle or high) there would be parings between opposite genders for the "Home Ec" kind of class.

Yes. Because then/there heterosexual couples were the only acceptable people to raise real babies and so the pairings at schools with pretend babies reflected that, right? So why the need to do it like that in a life simulator game?
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 10:13 PM

So, you're doing it because it's "traditional"?

Please don't do it for high school romance. I once belonged to a teen writing site. TOO MUCH ROMANCE. And every time there was a pairing up of boys and girls in the class, ROMANCE. It's completely cheesy and ridiculous, especially because everyone seemed to think that stalking = love. Seriously, I once read five stories in a row that all have the guy breaking into the girl's house.

...I think I still have issues from that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 10:50 PM
well the players of the game (who have their pixel teens take the class) could have a girl/girl couple or boy/boy couple it doesn't nessccary be a girl/boy couple. I changed it so that if the player wants to they could have it be boy/boy or girl/girl.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 11:15 PM
So, the teens will be given a list of people in the class who they can pair up with? Or is it going to be random? Or somewhere in between, where you get an option of either a boy or a girl?

Adoption probably shouldn't go under YA.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 7th Nov 2012 at 11:33 PM
So, the teens will be given a list of people in the class who they can pair up with? Or is it going to be random? Or somewhere in between, where you get an option of either a boy or a girl?

Adoption probably shouldn't go under YA.

Well they can choose to either do it opintion one (and therefore no list). If they choose to do it choose two a list somehow will pop up (that way people who don't want gays wouldn't be forced to have a boy/boy or girl/girl teen couples)

where do I put the adoption idea since YAs/adults can give their children up for adoption and other ideas
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 1:39 AM
Well they can choose to either do it opintion one (and therefore no list). If they choose to do it choose two a list somehow will pop up (that way people who don't want gays wouldn't be forced to have a boy/boy or girl/girl teen couples)

where do I put the adoption idea since YAs/adults can give their children up for adoption and other ideas

Under babies?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 2:06 AM Last edited by Celoptra : 8th Nov 2012 at 6:11 PM.
I already have it under babies

Young Adult:
They can either go to college or go straight into the work force. If you want to see college look at the Uni idea down below. They also can get pregnant Young Adults will be the first of three other groups which can write wills. If they have kids they can have have a guardian system so they don't automatically go to the social workers

weddings:
You can either have hire a event planner, or plan your own wedding. You would chose who would be bridesmaids, ringer bearer, flower girl, and hire a caterer (I have another idea, that you can be a careteer or a event planner but I still working on that). Or if you sim has parents, the sim mom could cook your wedding cake and supper, and sew the wedding dress). Note dresses with trains (I hope you know what I mean)!

arranged marriage (note it can work either way in any model)
1. Historical Model: James and Alice are babies, their parents want them to get married when they're Young adults. So they sign a bethored. When James is a child, James goes to live for the entire childhood stage with his future in-laws. When they age into teen James goes back to his parents' house. They have chaperoned (or unchaperoned) dates throughout the teen stage. They get married as Young Adults (if they don't fall in love with someone else)

2. Sleeping Beauty Model: James and Alice are babies their parents want them to get married when they're young adults. They meet at school and become friends (as children). After they age up into teen, their parents tell them they're bethored. They go out on a couple of chaperoned (or unchaperoned) dates. They get married (if they don't fall in love with someone else) as Young Adults.

3. Modern Day Model: James and Alice have dated a lot of possible future "mates" their parents set them up with. But they have said "no" to most of them and somehow either a)family member, b)matchmaker , c)friend tells James' family about Alice. They get together and have some chaperoned dates, and sign an agreement to get married when they're young adults (if no falling in love with someone else)

Next Up- Adults
Field Researcher
#42 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 11:52 AM
Wait wait. . . Are you actually gunna make this game or is this just a "my dream sims game" :s

-and in that moment, i was infinate.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#43 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 12:14 PM
The latter, shoo flee. I think that's evident from the whole "but coding sliders is EASY!" thing.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Site Helper
#44 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 2:45 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 9th Nov 2012 at 2:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by shoo_flee
Wait wait. . . Are you actually gunna make this game or is this just a "my dream sims game" :s
I tried to make that clear in my first post in this thread. Celo doesn't know how to program. She just wants somewhere to put out all of her ideas and have people vote on them.

Since nobody has stated any reasons they disagree, let's assume that everyone on the planet agrees!
That's not the way that it works. Silence does not imply consent. This is especially true if someone has clicked the disagree button.

Now I think that the people disagreeing are just doing it because they can.
That seems unlikely. I can think of a lot of reasons why people might not want to post in this thread, given what happened in the other one.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 4:07 PM
Adults- will have a mid-life crisis, want to either get divorce, or try to re-spark their old love with their life (depends on their traits), or get a new car,(or a toy train set). They can still go bowling,etc.

Next-Up Elders

I would still like to know why a person disagrees with certain ideas. Since I'm not a mind reader am I?

@shoeflee.. I explained in the first post I am not able to make this game
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
That's not the way that it works. Silence does not imply consent. This is especially true if someone has clicked the disagree button.

Which is why I put the disclaimer behind it that it was a joke.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 9:31 PM
Elders Retirement home. Bingo,gym, cards, scrabble,etc. They don’t need to live in the retirement home but can go visit there for the activies. They can also if parents are away take care of little kids either at the the grandparents’ children’s place or if they don’t live in the retirment home at the grandparents’ place. The elders can also still bike, swim, if active enough. Or have “Dancing or Dramtic” Grannies"

Next up=board games &Kidnapping ideas.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 6:23 PM
I would like to hear about how board games and kidnapping are related.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 6:39 PM Last edited by Celoptra : 10th Nov 2012 at 9:38 PM.
Board Games
There would be spoofs of popular board games (ie. Scrabble, Monopoly, Game of Life). You will have the option of playing on the floor or playing it on a coffee table or dinning table. After a Pets EP is released, you still can play on the floor but risk you're dog or cat knocking over pieces or swallowing them and you will need to get the dog or cat to the vet,

Kidnapping
There could be two reasons for kidnapping. First would be for ransom. Second would be for revenge

How Board game ties into Kidnapping
If its the former of for money. The kidnapee's parents try to fool the kidnapper(s) by making the envelope or suitcase be full of Board Game money.

Next UP EPs Part 1 Uni!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#50 Old 10th Nov 2012 at 6:46 PM
Quote:
Second would be (if the kidnapee is a young adult women) bride.
Wow. Yes. Let's introduce socially accepted systematic rape into a video game, that sounds like a nice form of escapism. wtf is wrong with you?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 3