Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 2:05 AM
I see... I kind of wanted one sim to be attracted to another (as they previously were) but now they're not anymore. I have 6 in my household and they're all not related. Wanted like a Jersey Shore/Real World kinda thing and see who hooks up with who.

Apparently, none of them are attracted to anyone in their household anymore so that kind of kills the whole thing.

But they're still hot item with other sims in the neighborhood and still get pestered for dates. Elder ones, married ones, roommate's boyfriend & girlfriend... you name it! But not with each other. Hmph! Now where's the fun in that?!
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 7:48 AM
You can try using NRaas Woohooer if you want to 'reroll' attraction for anyone. It has interactions at the day spa that recalculate the score along its own scoring system, and it also recalculates it every 24 hours if I recall correctly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 7:14 AM
I have actually downloaded that... Just haven't gotten round to installing it yet. But thanks, I will try that out.
Test Subject
#29 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 1:27 PM
As much as I love Woohooer, it's caused absolute chaos in my game... one of my couples keep flirting with each other's parents - both of them! It's like some really badly-written soap opera. Didn't realise I could reroll the attraction though, hopefully that'll fix things. Fingers crossed!
Instructor
#30 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 2:48 PM
When I look at the code, it all seems too ... logical. In real life, most guys, especially the ones wo objectively are "good catches" know that women are attracted to "bad boys," ie guys who objectively have nothing to offer. Those same "good catch" guys won't admit it, but they are attracted to "bad girls." Of course good looks never hurt.

Obviously, sims with the attractive lifetime reward shoud be attractive to other sims. Perhaps this, along with eye candy and rebel. Plus traits like charismatic, flirty, irresistable and perhaps great kisser (read great lay).

Wealth and career level really shoud only attract sims with the golddigger lifetime wish. High skills should appeal only to nerdy sims -- however, since we really do not have a real nerd trait, something else will have to do.

And while many will object, body size should be a factor. Waiflike sims should probably be more attractive than big beautiful sims.

Lets be honest, most guys would much rather hook up with Britney Spears than Hillary Clinton, even though Spears has the insane trait, while Clinton is highly skilled and very successful.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#31 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
When I look at the code, it all seems too ... logical.

And while many will object, body size should be a factor. Waiflike sims should probably be more attractive than big beautiful sims.

Lets be honest, most guys would much rather hook up with Britney Spears than Hillary Clinton, even though Spears has the insane trait, while Clinton is highly skilled and very successful.
While the code may LOOK logical, it doesn't play out that way. Otherwise the burglar who tried to rob my sim last night wouldn't have tried to romance my sim.

But as for you body size comment, well, consider this the first objection, since "waiflike" people AND sims are, in my opinion, considerably less attractive. When I see one, all I want to do is offer them a cheeseburger. It's a highly subjective issue.There are probably many more people who like curvy women than stick figures.

And as for comparing Britney to Hillary, your talking about two VERY different age groups. Hillary was quite pretty when she was Britney's age. (Seriously, she was.) Intelligence is quite sexy, and I have a theory that Hillary gets her freak on. After all, she IS married to Bill, and still waters run deep and all that.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 4:54 PM
I don't mind body types being a part of the attraction system, I object to one body type being more attractive for all sims. Let it be set either by the player or story progression, each sim may like a body type different from another. As for my preference in sims games, I would set it as random or something like that because in real life body type doesn't matter to me. Nerdy, intelligent, caring, wicked humorous men rock my socks more than the gorgeous faces and buffed bodies. Thus my severe crush on Pescado. :lovestruc Well, I would have to minus the caring part.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Thus my severe crush on Pescado. :lovestruc

Then, you had better use his mods. Otherwise, you'd be cheating on him.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 8:28 PM
OK, that is funny Frankie.

I must tell you I have the "commitment issues" trait.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 8:42 PM
LOL! In that case, so do I.
One Minute Ninja'd
#36 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims

And as for comparing Britney to Hillary, your talking about two VERY different age groups. Hillary was quite pretty when she was Britney's age. (Seriously, she was.)

I've seen photos of her from her college days, and I will give you credit, given you're clearly a supportive relative of Hilliary's, for sticking up for her. TBH, though, I think Britney is overrated. I keep picturing her during her shaved head phase. Natalie Portman she's not.

Oh, and age group attraction has never been an issue in the game. Plenty of elderly women with young men, and the converse, all the time nowadays in the game. Which can, to some extent, limit population growth.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I've seen photos of her from her college days, and I will give you credit, given you're clearly a supportive relative of Hilliary's, for sticking up for her. TBH, though, I think Britney is overrated. I keep picturing her during her shaved head phase. Natalie Portman she's not.

Oh, and age group attraction has never been an issue in the game. Plenty of elderly women with young men, and the converse, all the time nowadays in the game. Which can, to some extent, limit population growth.

Britney's problem is her neck tbh, she has the thickest, most bull-like neck ever. I won't bother to google, but Hillary Clinton's neck has never caused a "whoa, Ferninand" effect in me. Natalie Portman has a postively swan-like neck. She is petite all over, too, but Britney has been very slim and still had the problem. It just became more evident for larger public after she got rid of her hair.

I think that the attraction system should be fully customisable by the player. I als want that to include which horoscope signs, if any the person is attracted to. My Hippy sim might think superstitiously that Pisces are the true mach for her Aquarian self, while my CEO sim doesn't get attracted by signs at all, but high-profile job counts.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 12:30 AM
Though I would really love the attraction system to make some sort of sense (wishful thinking, I know) I kind of love it now that I turned off automatically answering the phone You want to send me gifts? Great, I love free stuff! You think I'm hot? Super! Now excuse me as I ignore you... I'm guessing one of my billions of mods has fixed the omniplant thing so when I get gifts I just decorate my house. Love that.

Works especially well in my head playing my simself since she's absent-minded. She'd never remember who these people are anyway LOL
Test Subject
#39 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CarinaDanesi
Though I would really love the attraction system to make some sort of sense (wishful thinking, I know) I kind of love it now that I turned off automatically answering the phone You want to send me gifts? Great, I love free stuff! You think I'm hot? Super! Now excuse me as I ignore you... I'm guessing one of my billions of mods has fixed the omniplant thing so when I get gifts I just decorate my house. Love that.

Works especially well in my head playing my simself since she's absent-minded. She'd never remember who these people are anyway LOL

Haha, thank God for mods! I think it was Seasons the love letters and phonecalls came in with, right? It made a 16 sim household a bit unplayable. ;/ I have no idea if this is related to the atrraction system, but I'm currently looking for a way to turn flower-giving spam off... they just won't stop!
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#40 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluecanary21
Haha, thank God for mods! I think it was Seasons the love letters and phonecalls came in with, right? It made a 16 sim household a bit unplayable. ;/ I have no idea if this is related to the atrraction system, but I'm currently looking for a way to turn flower-giving spam off... they just won't stop!
use this mod: http://www.modthesims.info/d/444855
Field Researcher
#41 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 11:33 PM
I use this mod by Fentonparkninja http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=492102 , which re tunes the attraction system so that every Sim in town isn't trying to date your (married/engaged/going steady) Sim. I was really getting tired of all of the phone calls and love letters I was getting, often from the same Sim over and over and over again. In real life that would be considered harassment! Since installing Fenton's mod, I hardly ever get phone calls and love letters, which is just how I want it. He has four flavors of the mod to choose from - I use the Variety Attraction version.
Test Subject
#42 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gemly_teddie
I dunno, I like a man who can cook...

I agree though, some skills are not attractive, or realistic "I see you're very good at logic" Doesn't work. I think we should have been able to pick what our sims were attracted to. Some people are attracted to money and fame, and some aren't.

Obviously, with so many more variables in TS3 than TS2, you'd be less likely to find someone you were attracted to. But I don't think I was attracted to my boyfriend until I actually knew him. At the very least we should have been able to pick what hair colour our sim was attracted to. It would narrow down the annoying popups no end.

I agree that we should be able to pick what our Sims are attracted to, or at least it should be based on their traits. Now wouldn't that be a cool EP.

Please check out my Sims stories:

Conrad Legacy
Jensen Legacy
(will remain unfinished)
One Minute Ninja'd
#43 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smaurine82
I agree that we should be able to pick what our Sims are attracted to, or at least it should be based on their traits. Now wouldn't that be a cool EP.

Probably won't be a cool EP given that EA dropped development for TS3 over a year ago. I know, time flies, just like this necro'd thread that's 2 years old.

And you do know you can make your sim date whoever you want to, right? So if you think your sim should be attracted to a certain person with certain traits, that's perfectly OK. You won't break anything.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 19th Nov 2015 at 12:45 AM
Page 2 of 2