Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#1526 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 12:39 AM
I don't know why EA wastes our time playing these games. Showing meaningless pictures does not make it more likely that I will purchase this. It does not seem like effective marketing.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1527 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 12:48 AM
After SimCity, you think their marketing department's any good?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#1528 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 7:44 AM
Does anybody have douglasveiga's temporary corn fix? If anyone still has it, can they please share it? I'd like to see if it works for me. I missed downloading it. I didn't see this thread until that fix got removed.
Field Researcher
#1529 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 8:18 AM
I think its a carousel to go with the fun park
Theorist
#1530 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 9:35 AM Last edited by tizerist : 17th Jan 2014 at 3:49 PM.
Are these people going to release canoes and corn or what? Any time before the next ice age would be nice.
And releasing blurry pictures of something obscure is not convincing me that they are taking it seriously. If they've got something to show, just show it ffs, rather than making themselves look dumb and childish by dropping silly hints.
Your reputations are already in the gutter. Don't make it worse.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#1531 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by andistyr
Does anybody have douglasveiga's temporary corn fix? If anyone still has it, can they please share it? I'd like to see if it works for me. I missed downloading it. I didn't see this thread until that fix got removed.

I think this is what you are looking for...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MTS_douglasveiga_1396490_CornStalk.rar (14.2 KB, 586 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Here you go...

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Field Researcher
#1532 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 10:37 AM
I see Johnny Bravo in there somewhere... Or at least his hairstyle.
Field Researcher
#1533 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 10:44 AM Last edited by andistyr : 17th Jan 2014 at 11:39 AM.
Thanks Mouse - I'm going to try it out now. I figure I'd give it a shot since it works for some and not others.

Edit: No go for me too. I got the missing resource message with the white box. It says corn stalk in buydebug though.
Inventor
#1534 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 12:06 PM
Thanks Mouse - I'm going to try it out now. I figure I'd give it a shot since it works for some and not others.

Edit: No go for me too. I got the missing resource message with the white box. It says corn stalk in buydebug though.

can you paste here the text that appears over the white box?
Field Researcher
#1535 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 1:46 PM Last edited by andistyr : 17th Jan 2014 at 2:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
can you paste here the text that appears over the white box?

Edit: I had time to do that while I was waiting to take my youngest daughter to school. It says: missing object resource instance 319e4f1d;00000000;00000000000f5ea2 - I don't know what that means, but, I'm sure you do. Hope you can fix it. I'm tired of waiting for EA to "unlock" it.
Inventor
#1536 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 5:07 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 5th Nov 2015 at 1:06 PM.
Corn Stalk Fix v2.0

This is a temporary fix, and will conflict with any mod that override the Plants.xml or Ingredients.xml.

edit 1: If the old version of this mod is working for you, keep it.
edit 2: requires "Grandpa's Grove" store set.

An updated version of this fix is avalaible here
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Corn Stalk v2.0.rar (14.2 KB, 1142 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#1537 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 9:26 PM Last edited by andistyr : 17th Jan 2014 at 11:07 PM.
Corn Stalk Fix v2.0

This is a temporary fix, and will conflict with any mod that override the Plants.xml or Ingredients.xml.

PS: If the old version is working for you, keep it.

Thanks douglas - I'll try it out now. I'm just tired of waiting for EA to release things and fix stuff they broke. I can't believe that the Grandpa's Grove came out 2 months ago and other than a Guru said the corn is an easter egg of whats to come, nothing else has been said by them on "unlocking" that corn. Will be nice to actually use it.

Edit: It works. Thanks douglas. I'll remove the file once EA actually "unlocks" it. If they do that is. If they don't, that won't surprise me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1538 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 10:17 PM
And...this is why I love Sandy @ Around the Sims 3. http://www.aroundthesims3.com/objec...ursery_03.shtml

Although I haven't seen much about how the files work when someone don't own the objects from the Sims 3 Store, there is a mod .package file to help get pass that. *HUGS* Sandy. :lovestruc

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#1539 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 11:09 PM Last edited by andistyr : 18th Jan 2014 at 1:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
And...this is why I love Sandy @ Around the Sims 3. http://www.aroundthesims3.com/objec...ursery_03.shtml

Although I haven't seen much about how the files work when someone don't own the objects from the Sims 3 Store, there is a mod .package file to help get pass that. *HUGS* Sandy. :lovestruc

That's interesting lewis. I've been to Around The Sims 2 and 3, but, I haven't downloaded much. I didn't even know such a mod .package file existed. I've bookmarked that page for future use.
Inventor
#1540 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 11:11 PM
Thanks douglas - I'll try it out now. I'm just tired of waiting for EA to release things and fix stuff they broke. I can't believe that the Grandpa's Grove came out 2 months ago and other than a Guru said the corn is an easter egg of whats to come, nothing else has been said by them on "unlocking" that corn. Will be nice to actually use it.

Edit: It works. Thanks douglas. I'll remove the file once EA actually "unlocks" it. If they do that is. If they don't, that won't surprise me.

you're welcome
Mad Poster
#1541 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 5:11 AM
The original changing table was pretty neutral and generic, but options are always lovely.

The baby swing, however, was a total mess of a design, so I say the much more simplified model is a must have.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#1542 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 8:16 PM
Absolutely AWESOM doublasveiga. I downloaded your V2 and it works perfectly, have harvested corn, strawberries and oranges. Also have the Gardening Gnome and Gardner Service in no problems. I am still on 1.63 but plan on putting in 1.66 to do some testing over at NRaas so will see what happens. Thank you so much for this marvelous fix!
Lab Assistant
#1543 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 9:08 PM
Adding my thanks Douglas. This is almost as great as your strawberries, which has become my favorite plant in the entire game.
Scholar
#1544 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 11:47 AM
@DouglasVeiga (or anyone), does the Corn fix go into the normal packages folder or the overrides folder? I get the 'white box' when a sim attempts to plant (from the inventory and the plant/soil from Buydebug). The ingredient shows up in the grocery store and the inventory, and the sim can eat it, its just the plant that's acting up. The game doesn't crash, the sim just resets. What am I missing?
Inventor
#1545 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 1:44 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 19th Jan 2014 at 9:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
@DouglasVeiga (or anyone), does the Corn fix go into the normal packages folder or the overrides folder? I get the 'white box' when a sim attempts to plant (from the inventory and the plant/soil from Buydebug). The ingredient shows up in the grocery store and the inventory, and the sim can eat it, its just the plant that's acting up. The game doesn't crash, the sim just resets. What am I missing?

Try both version 1.0 or 2.0, a couple post above. One of them will work for you.
Scholar
#1546 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 2:43 PM
Test both version 1.0 or 2.0 a couple post above. One of them will work for you.

Yes, I've tested the second version - it works! Thanks DV

(I've now also merged it with Anak's Cooking Overhaul mod too and it works with it, too)
Top Secret Researcher
#1547 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 3:35 PM
Ok, put in Super Patch for 1.66 and played for a a few hours last night with no problems in V2.0. Interacts perfectly with the Magic Garden Gnome and the Gardner Service and my sims are also able to harvest them. What a wonderful difference to see the Corn AND the Strawberry plants in a garden. I have to tell you once again, THANK YOU for creating this. I feel like I have a REAL farm now
Mad Poster
#1548 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 6:25 PM
douglas i have the second version of the corn plant and my sim can buy it at the grocery store but the icon is blank and the food is invisible. do i need to download the first version?
Alchemist
#1549 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 6:38 PM
I don't want a venue, this is just some way they can sell another piece of PC.
I never use any of the venues, never.
Inventor
#1550 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
douglas i have the second version of the corn plant and my sim can buy it at the grocery store but the icon is blank and the food is invisible. do i need to download the first version?

try the first one.
Page 62 of 124