Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

Wunderkind

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 12:52 PM
Replies: 8515 (Who?), Viewed: 727442 times.
Page 4 of 341
Mad Poster
#76 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritbw
Carmella Scumthorpe-Killjoy.

Wait, Scumthorpe?!

Yup, this was my little tribute and tip of the hat to what started this legacy. I leave it up to you folks to figure out her relations to the other Scumthorpes MeghamSmith came up with.

This reminds me of something. The Ptolemy family (who I posted about in the OMG WTF ARE YOU DOING THREAD with the worst fucking full moon ever) were originally Scumthorpes. Or at least, the father was, the others didn't exist. (I renamed them because I'm stupidly neurotic and got worried about stepping on other peoples' toes :P)

...Yup, he's a Scumthorpe alright.

Scumthorpe Files contributions
You'd think by now that I would've learnt,
Not to play with fire if I don't want to get burnt.
Instructor
Original Poster
#77 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL00DIEDHELL

OH FUCK ME THAT GUY NEEDS A WAX STAT

Yeah, I saw that guy and just had to get him in to the story somehow. As he left he did change into a suit(No pic sorry). Not that he looked much better mind. Still like a bear trying to be human.

Then of course there was this guy sitting in the back behind the bookshelves:

Moonlight Falls research denies any rumours of an accident in their experimental DNA splicing faucility
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:05 PM
Quote:
This reminds me of something. The Ptolemy family (who I posted about in the OMG WTF ARE YOU DOING THREAD with the worst fucking full moon ever) were originally Scumthorpes. Or at least, the father was, the others didn't exist. (I renamed them because I'm stupidly neurotic and got worried about stepping on other peoples' toes :P)

...Yup, he's a Scumthorpe alright.

I can't argue there. He looks like one, plus he's got the recurring "can't respond appropriately to Announce Pregnancy" problem that's plagued every single member of the dynasty that's been informed of a pregnancy so far.

An idea for how to work new Scumthorpes like this into the (near-incomprehensible) official family tree, by the way: Though I haven't made any myself, Larry and Sid probably have cousins. Most people do, after all. So feel free to make Scumthorpes related to them that way and then run with it- given that Larry's fathered eight children in total and three of them were born at the same time, it's probably safe to say that the family has a genetic tendency to breed like rats and wind up with many, many distant relatives.
Instructor
Original Poster
#79 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:08 PM Last edited by Spiritbw : 16th Feb 2013 at 11:22 PM.
Well, I did say that life in the Killjoy household was...unique. For starters, they are so attracted to each other they will spend any time they are in the house together flirting, holding hands and kissing...pretty much like you'd expect newly-weds to do. So much so that I have to make sure they actually eat, wash and go to sleep at something like a normal time. I want to see what this legacy does but I don't want it dying in the first generation from mooning over each other!

Then they do stuff like this:

YOUR SOUL WILL POWER THIS DEMON BOX

EEEEYAGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Oh, and don't think it's one way either.

Mind, obviously the upbringing has tempered Carmella a bit, she looks like she's resigned about the whole thing as she is scared.

They are always scaring each other constantly. What does the adrenaline rush make life together all that more exciting? Or are you two so maladjusted you confuse the flutter of fear with the flutter of love?

Don't answer that......

Dinner conversation is also interesting.

So they're discussing the best way to deal with toxic material and she suggests using it in missiles which he apparently approves of. Riiiight.

Oh, and you know how MighamSmith was going on about his kids keep talking aobut jellyfish? Guess what August was discussing with one of the kids at the beech during summer break?

Ya Ya Cthulhu Fhtagn!
Instructor
Original Poster
#80 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinghamSmith
I do. And that's why they have a pet bowl. It's not because they've bought a hellhound, they haven't. It's how they feed their toddlers.

(Crypto has the Genius trait and can find bottles himself, though. And Rick, for all his idiocy, is actually reasonably good at caring for his little green rectal son)

I should ask, where can one find that mod?
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritbw
I should ask, where can one find that mod?

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=479364

Here. Personally, I can't play toddlers without it. It makes their autonomy infinitely better.
Mad Poster
#82 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 12:16 AM
Quote:
I can't argue there. He looks like one, plus he's got the recurring "can't respond appropriately to Announce Pregnancy" problem that's plagued every single member of the dynasty that's been informed of a pregnancy so far.

An idea for how to work new Scumthorpes like this into the (near-incomprehensible) official family tree, by the way: Though I haven't made any myself, Larry and Sid probably have cousins. Most people do, after all. So feel free to make Scumthorpes related to them that way and then run with it- given that Larry's fathered eight children in total and three of them were born at the same time, it's probably safe to say that the family has a genetic tendency to breed like rats and wind up with many, many distant relatives.

Okay fuck it, I'll make him a Scumthorpe again :P. Ptolemy can be the wife's maiden name and I just hope that's not too confusing.

I was planning on keeping this branch of the family all werewolves and was thinking of who to pair the twin girls up with when they're older, and thought Gator.

...I think Gator's had enough of my game autonomously fucking him about without him dating a Scumthorpe too.

Instructor
Original Poster
#83 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 3:12 AM
Quote:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=479364

Here. Personally, I can't play toddlers without it. It makes their autonomy infinitely better.

Thanks. The Killjoys just both rolled to have thier first child. This will probably be much useful.
Mad Poster
#84 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 6:56 PM
Loving the new avatar, Spiritbw!

Also I think I hate myself. I didn't do any actual playing last night, just building. I am not a good builder. I am probably average at best. My houses turn into blocky boring looking horrors, because I either a) lack imagination and a know-how on making houses look realistic and/or b) get fucking bored.

"I know!" I think to myself, "I'll make a Scumthorpe mansion myself! From scratch! No editing bullshit. On a 64x64 lot!"

So far I have the garage, the layout of the house, kitchen, dining area, indoor swimming pool, small lake, tiny garden (I'm not a fan of huge gardens that take literally all day to tend to) and an outdoor play area for the twins.

Just the garage with cars and the fence around the lot alone cost over 500k.
Fuck.

Field Researcher
#85 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 8:17 PM
If it's not too late, do not use a foundation! Or at least leave a large area where you can build so you can put stairs to the basement (EA in their infinite stupidity made it incredibly difficult-to-impossible to add stairs to the basement through a foundation). Build the basement ALL FOUR LEVELS using the basement tool, whether you're going to use it right now or not. 62x62! These are Scumthorpes! They need room for secret lairs, secret labs, secret ... stuff! They will need to expand! You can always wall off sections later, or delete parts of the basement to create hallways and areas that are separated on that level but can only be accessed via stairs from above and/or below.

Besides basements are free in edit town. They cost mucho simoleans later. Plus, there's the whole planning-for-stairs thing.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 8:21 PM
Oh don't worry, I rarely use foundations because I fucking hate how difficult it is to get down into a basement in a house with foundations. The only time I've ever managed it was when I shoved in a lift (I made Sims of the kids from The Binding of Isaac, so it was pretty much essential that they sleep in the basement, but wanted them to have a crappy house too and foundations everywhere D:!). EA seem to manage it fine but have made it incredibly hard on the rest of us.

I'm planning on adding a wine cellar with a wine making machine, although I've no idea who will be using it yet. God knows what else will be shoved in XD.

Field Researcher
#87 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 8:28 PM
Eeeeeexcellent *steepling fingers*.

Your plan, she is coming together.

Scholar
#88 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 8:51 PM
I never build basements. Probably because I've never had one irl. But then, I've never had foundations irl, but I use them all the time...
My next mission, add a basement to my legacy house! When I can afford to decorate the rest, that is...

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Mad Poster
#89 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 9:39 PM
I've never had a basement irl either, but I like to build them for wine cellars, secret dungeons and torture rooms...and baby rooms for my asshole Sims. Thanks to a few tips from Mingham I can be a true asshole parent and leave them entirely to their own devices now!

Instructor
Original Poster
#90 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 10:08 PM
Quote:
Loving the new avatar, Spiritbw!

Thanks. Figured I needed a good Sim one for a Sim forum and now i have all these pictures....

Quote:
Also I think I hate myself. I didn't do any actual playing last night, just building. I am not a good builder. I am probably average at best. My houses turn into blocky boring looking horrors, because I either a) lack imagination and a know-how on making houses look realistic and/or b) get fucking bored.

"I know!" I think to myself, "I'll make a Scumthorpe mansion myself! From scratch! No editing bullshit. On a 64x64 lot!"

So far I have the garage, the layout of the house, kitchen, dining area, indoor swimming pool, small lake, tiny garden (I'm not a fan of huge gardens that take literally all day to tend to) and an outdoor play area for the twins.

Just the garage with cars and the fence around the lot alone cost over 500k.
Fuck.

What a coincidence. I haven't gotten to the car part but I have been working on a Scumthorpe mansion myself in perperation for the family expanding. Pictures of stately Killjoy Manor to come....when it's finished.

I got to agree with folks about the frustration of getting stairs through a foundation. Specially spiral stairs which I used for access to what will be the labs and crypts. Build foundation, build walls, remove foundation dig basement, put in stairs, relay the foundation around the stairs. Without the walls I found that the foundation when put around spiral stairs will stay a square away from the stairs themselves. After much experimentation and cursing of EA/Maxis programing I managed to get hidden door, staircase and fireplace into a 2'x6' area.

|CC|
|CC|
|LM|M
|SM|M
|FB|B
|FB|B

C=Circular stair
| =Wall
L=Landing
S=Straight stair
F=Foundation
M=Mantle, Fireplace
B=Bookcase secret door
Mad Poster
#91 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 10:11 PM
Uuggghhh spiral staircases piss me the fuck off. I only really use them for basements because if it's going to another storey of the house, say a bunch of Sims going to bed at the same time, mutiple Sims on a spiral staircase just gets on my tits. Tantrums abound. Thanks for the basement foundation tip though!

Field Researcher
#92 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 11:10 PM
There's an instant multi-level transporter pad on this site somewhere. I can't find it just now and I have to go cook dinner for the boychild, but I'll try to find it when I get done with that.

It takes up way less room than stairs, I think 4 squares. And they just transport instanteously. You could put a couple in high traffic areas but since it takes 0 time to ascend/descend, there really probably isn't any need to do so.
Mad Poster
#93 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 11:27 PM
Ooooh yes, that would be kick ass. Certainly would be useful for my mad scientist.

And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#94 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 11:38 PM
is it this? :http://www.modthesims.info/d/371655

This unlocks the Teleporter Pad Lifetime Award for buy mode. I suppose that could work.
Field Researcher
#95 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 12:51 AM
No, this is an object - and it turns out its not on THIS site, it's on another one.

CyberBob's Beam-Me-Up:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=1011.0

You'd think with a name like that I'd be able to remember it, but NOOOooOOOoOOoooOOOoo!

The thing about these is that NPC's WILL use them. They're 'spensive though, like S-1100 in-game price.

Of course in the course of hunting for them I've come across about 20 pieces of CC that I MUST HAVE! MUST MUST MUST! LOL!
Mad Poster
#96 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 1:43 AM Last edited by BL00DIEDHELL : 18th Feb 2013 at 2:21 AM. Reason: Quote mode, you are a dick
Kick ass, thank you!

EDIT: I just had a rather peculiar realisation, which I've already shared with (read: inflicted on) Mingham.

Quote:

I've seen many, many strange scenarios play out in this game. Ghost drivers, men threatening babies with claw gauntlets, aliens probing each other rather than humans, the list goes on. But I still never expected to witness an evil clanking doombot doing a guido fistpump dance while staring longingly at his creator's sister.

Well, at least Alice didn't seem to mind-

-Wait, is she giving flirty looks to a robot?

...I guess that answers that question.

So Alice was giving flirty looks to a Simbot. Who is considered the "son/daughter" of their creator. Which would technically mean the Killbots are Alice's "nephews".

...Welp, that scene just got even weirder.

EDIT EDIT: Oh fuck you quotes for taking out the spoilered pictures. D:<

Field Researcher
#97 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 2:22 AM
NP. And I restrained myself and only downloaded 6 or 8 new pieces of CC. So you're forgiven for setting me on that particular quest, thus exposing me to new CC, LOL!
Mad Poster
#98 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 2:58 AM
Well thank you! :P

Instructor
Original Poster
#99 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 3:50 AM
Quote:

EDIT EDIT: Oh fuck you quotes for taking out the spoilered pictures. D:<

Quotes take out the pictures, spoilered or not.

....and my game has developed a glitch again. Can't save as doing so crashes the game. >

Gone through every bloody thing to fix it, it'll work for a while but then I have to basiclly do a new game to get it to continue saving. Gaaaah!!!!!!
Mad Poster
#100 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 4:09 AM
Quote:
So feel free to make Scumthorpes related to them that way and then run with it

Please, please do not tempt me LOL
Page 4 of 341