Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 8564 (Who?), Viewed: 738505 times.
Page 3 of 343
Scholar
#51 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 4:38 PM
(I just had to google 'Conan O'Brien' to find out who he is. Apparently, he's no relation to the Irish comic Dara O'Brien...)
When I read 'Conan' I immediately thought 'the barbarian', which is what I assume you were going for?
I got the Matilda reference, I love Roald Dahl my favorite used to be 'the BFG', but then as I got older I liked 'The Twits' the best.
Unfortunately, I'm not a big reader, and so didn't get Carrie.
I now feel like watching all the Roald Dahl books films, unfortunately I only have 'Charlie and the chocolate factory' (The original, obviously, the new one was awful compared.) but I really feel like watching 'James and the giant peach'...

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Field Researcher
#52 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 5:14 PM
I don't know, I read Charlie and the Chocolate factory long before they made a movie, and there was an air of faint menace about the whole thing that was lacking in the first movie - it was enough to give you a toothache just watching it, honestly. I haven't seen the new one all the way through, but in the snippets I've seen, Johnny Depp did a MUCH better job (probably because he had a much better script and better directing) of portraying that aspect from the book.

BTW - Veruca - one letter short of Verruca = plantar wart. Veruca WAS a little wart. I'm thinking that was not coincidence.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 6:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner
Only one observation, Mingham ....

When you say "red-hair" and "Conan", it's not exactly manly brawn that I envision.

It's this:

Omg, Sojourner, that made me laugh so hard! Conan is my all-time favorite late-night host. I bet he would have even gotten a kick out of your statement! I can just picture him reacting by giving one of his fake-offended looks to the camera.

"I'm not naked. I just have no clothes on!" ~ the wisdom of a seven-year-old :)

My TS3 Sims & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW) Latest post: Don Lothario, The Fairy King

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#54 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 6:53 PM
I KNOW, I can just see it, LOL!

I love Conan. Don't get cable so I try to watch online whenever I can. I will never watch the Tonight Show again, and I never liked Jay Leno anyway. He's such a creepy jerk!
Scholar
#55 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 7:31 PM
I think i prefer the old one because it's the one I grew up with. Watching it while my parents made christmas dinner was a tradition. I like the new one too, but it doesn't have the same nostalgia to me, so isn't as good.

(Oops, I de-railed the thread... :s)

Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Instructor
#56 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 11:03 PM
I just spent the morning reading and I have to say they are very disturbing but in a good way this thread really made my day I hope to see more
Field Researcher
#57 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 11:16 PM
No worries. We will just re-rail it ...

So, I've been building a Buddhist monastery based on Senemm's Zen Monastery Lot. I want my lot to be livable and to be a working monastery so I've been tweaking the lot A LOT. And I was thinking about how someone had posted on the "I wish real-life were more like the Sims when..." - they had posted about wishing people were as tolerant and unbigoted as the Sims are.

Just as I'm placing the big Buddha statue out front, the camera picks up on the neighbors next door standing on their front lawn, watching the goings-on on the new buildings going up next door (even though I'm in build mode and the game is not advancing time, I can just TELL they are watching my ever move. I CAN TELL, really!)

So, just out of curiosity, I put the building on hold and select the Keaton household just to see what, if anything, is going on. Because I swear to you, when I built the house across the street, the Keatons were nowhere to be seen, and it is 8:01 on Sunday morning on day one. Not a sim-second has advanced since I started de-fuglifying the existing houses and building new ones. I have no idea why they suddenly popped up out of nowhere. But my curiosity is aroused sooo...

The first thing that happens is He-Keaton (I can't remember their names) shakes his fist in the direction of the monastery and howls. I wasn't quick enough to get a screenshot, I was so surprised! Then immediately afterwards, She-Keaton growls and throws a hissy fit. I just barely caught the tail end of that in a screenshot. Immediately after that, for no apparent reason, He-Keaton breaks down and weeps into his open palms. Then - and this caught me totally off-guard again because I figured the drama was all over by now - He-Keaton does this weird fist-pumping, muscle-flexing dance and stares belligerently down the street towards the growing monastery again.

I imagine the whole thing went something like this:

He-Keaton (shouting and shaking fist) - "DANG FOREIGNERS AND THEIR CREEPY WEIRD VEGETARIAN DEVIL-WORSHIPPING WAYS! YOU'RE NOT WELCOME HERE!"

She-Keaton (doing the angry-dance) - "You can't stay here, endangering my soon-to-be-born first child! And the second one, because He-Keaton now has a dream to have a boy, AND a dream to have a girl, so we'll be getting pregnant again right away!"

He-Keaton (weeping) - "Noooooo, my poor unborn children!"

He-Keaton (fist-pumping and throwing out his chest) - "We will have revenge! WE WILL DRIVE YOU OUT!"

Then they both stood there doing nothing, just staring down the street, for several sim-minutes. I was so intrigued that I quit the game and reloaded, in the hope that they would do it again so I could get better screen shots.

Uh-uh, nothin' doing. Now they just stand there and stare down the street with zombie expressions on their faces, as if to say "We will not dance at your bidding! We are not your playthings, we are not your puppets! Do your worst, Sim-Goddess!".

Never before have I seen Sims behave this way for no reason at all. There were no signs of any pre-existing fight (presumably pre-dating the creation of their world at 8 AM Sim-Time on a Sunday morning, or one Sim-minute before I entered their household). Their relationship with each other was very high. All their needs were at the normal game-start levels. They just went off the deep end, apparently venting a heretofore unsuspected propensity for bigotry never before seen in the Simiverse. At least not by me.

What could possibly have caused this sudden foray into the darker recesses of the Sim-mind? Why, they're acting as if there was a Scumthorpe among them!

But I haven't downloaded any Scumthorpes. There are no Scumthorpes in my Sim-world. I'm sure my little Simiverse is totally Scumthorpe free!

Wait a minute! Where's that picture of Sprog I downloaded a few days ago?

NOOOOOO! It's still on my desktop!

AAAAAAAARGH! I submit to you, ladies and gentlemen, that merely having a jpg of Sprog on your hard drive is enough of a doorway for the evil that is Scumthorpe to pervade and infect your Sim-worlds.

The evil that is Sprog casts a loooong shadow, and I'm not sure that even shredding that file is enough to save my Simmies now ...
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 4:09 PM
A couple of updates from my town:

Firstly, another aging-up event occurred recently as Darius Scumthorpe's clone-son Alexander reached his teenage years, being a similar age to Sprog.

After sorting out a bizarre glitch whereby he wound up with a young adult outfit that didn't fit his character model properly, he looked like this:

Here he is with Daria, his now toddler-age... sister? Half-sister? Seriously, what the hell do you call this kind of relationship? They share the same parents, except one of them has only one parent, so technically they don't share the same parents at the same time and oh god my brain hurts help me out here Alexander

"I'm a clone. It's complicated."

...Eh, I can't think of a better answer right now. It'll do.

But really, you're all here for the main Scumthorpe household, not Darius's offshoot branch of the family tree. So without further ado...

Bringing Up Buttbaby

Part I: Do You Not Like My Mouth Words?

So recently Rick Scumthorpe's alien baby began to learn his toddler skills, beginning with his buttfather teaching him to talk. We already know, of course, that Rick can be rather unorthodox when attempting to educate the under-fives, and that nobody in this entire godforsaken excuse for a family can get through a major life event in anything remotely resembling a sensible way.

And as a result, Crypto Scumthorpe's first words turned out to be...

"Fe-dowas!"
"...What?"
"Fe-dowas!"
"Fe...Fedoras? Oh, that's just great. That's just wonderful. Every other new parent gets cute little memories of cute little babies saying cute little things like "mama" or "dada" and I get stuck with an extraterrestrial buttchild babbling on about a shitty, outdated hat!"

"Can you say "violence," Crypto? I bet you can! Seriously, it's a concept you're going to have to grasp really, really quickly around here!"

"And where do little green buttbabies come from, apart from somwhere in men's colons?"
"Space!"
"Well done, Crypto-"
"Spaaaaaaaaaaace!"
"Seriously, that's going to get very annoying very qui-"
"SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE"

ok seriously what is up with babies and jellyfish in my game

"...And again with the fucking fedoras, Crypto? Really?"
"Want da fe-dowas!"
"Dammit, baby, you are not Humphrey Bogart and you never will be!"
Scholar
#59 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 5:01 PM
Haha, you wait until that premium content comes out and toddlers can teach themselves to walk and talk. Parents will no longer be needed, just need to teach them to change their own nappies and get a bottle out of nowhere too.

The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Mad Poster
#60 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 8:27 PM
^ Destroyed playroom.

Scumthorpe Files contributions
You'd think by now that I would've learnt,
Not to play with fire if I don't want to get burnt.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 2:27 AM
With Sprog aging up and coming in to his powers (teens can use Dexter the Bear, right? *SHUDDER*) perhaps it's time to consider downloading MoDoors so you can create a Sprog-proof safe room in the Scumthorpe mansion ....

And as far as the Space-baby and "jellyfish" - you DO know where Cthulu comes from, right?
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 3:04 AM
Quote:
And as far as the Space-baby and "jellyfish" - you DO know where Cthulu comes from, right?

Of course I do. Except Lester talked about jellyfish as a toddler too.

For some reason, it's a recurring thing among baby Scumthorpes, along with paying an unhealthy amount of attention to unopened bottles of wine in the kitchen and having toddler conversations about various forms of violence. I haven't modded the game to make those speech bubbles more likely, they're just really, really good at saying either bizarrely appropriate or incredibly strange things at just the right moment to produce comedy gold.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 3:12 AM
Ah well, remember Lester is a Mutant who has been, errr, mutated as it were, by a horribly toxic ore of doubtful (perhaps extraterrestrial) origin.

Of course, not forgetting that the "safe room" will need an exit-only secret tunnel to the outside in case Sprog decides to burn down the entire mansion...
Scholar
#64 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 3:23 AM
I'm really late, but... OP? I love you for this XD

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Theorist
#65 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 3:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinghamSmith
Of course I do. Except Lester talked about jellyfish as a toddler too.

Weren't Lester and the other triplets contaminated with alien space-rocks their father is mining anyway? It still fits.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 4:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhanster
Weren't Lester and the other triplets contaminated with alien space-rocks their father is mining anyway? It still fits.

Good point. What the hell, it's not like tying them vaguely into the Cthulhu Mythos is going to make them any worse.

Also, I must download another of Twallan's mods soon so I can exceed the maximum number of sims in the household. Someone new will probably be joining the family in the near future. Not a new baby, although one or two might directly follow their arrival...
Field Researcher
#67 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 1:08 PM
Quote:
Good point. What the hell, it's not like tying them vaguely into the Cthulhu Mythos is going to make them any worse.

No, but it should scare the holy bejeezus out of Cthulhu and his lot!

Quote:
Also, I must download another of Twallan's mods soon so I can exceed the maximum number of sims in the household. Someone new will probably be joining the family in the near future. Not a new baby, although one or two might directly follow their arrival...

OMG, talk about foreshadowing! Now I won't sleep for days!
Scholar
#68 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 6:26 PM
Good lord Mingham... there are no words, but just know that I am grinning quite idiotically at my computer screen, waiting for new Scumthorpe stuff XD

(Spaaaaaaaaaaaccccccceee? I hope I'm not reading too far into that, because to my twisted mind, that is a reference.)

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Scholar
#69 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:08 PM
Yeah, the pet bowl in the background there is super-foreshadowing.

Let me guess, they've gone and adopted Black Shuck ...
Instructor
Original Poster
#70 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:17 PM
Default The Killjoys
Well, MinghamSmith asked I post something about my Scumthorpe inspired Legacy, The Killjoys. While I am still pretty early in it I have been making a large number of screenshots to use in building stories. I did have to start over after a glitch nixed the first attempt so it has been slow going but the second round seems to be going much better.

First off is our founding father in this legacy: August Killjoy

Uh, August, stop smiling. PLEASE stop smiling.

August is a bit of an old fashioned soul. Evil(of course), proper, observant, charismatic and a schmoozer. This is the man who is to win the Killjoy fortune. So just how does he go about making his daily living?

As a Sham Swami. Our faker of phantoms is in the medium business. With no actual magical powers he of course just puts on a show and is very good at cold reading folks.

He was also quite a ladies man as a bachelor* got the eyes of more than a few folks. There were a few ladies that expressed an interest in him. Though one day at the library.....

Umm....er.....I'm afraid sir that we cannot return your attentions. Please....

Oh..*phew*...oh, that poor girl......

It's an understandable mistake you must understand, when you've had this happen:

OH JEEZ CREEPS RUNAWAY!

Burrragh Weeegggl Luuubbbzzz Gooooo

Stand back! I have a waterballoon and am not afraid to use it!

So yeah. Somehow that man seems to have a magnetic personality.

On the other hand, the animal life seems to have the measure of him.

*Even using Twallan's mods to tweak the attraction system.

I think I need to work on editing the size of the pics and next up, the woman who became his bride and the nature of married life.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:18 PM
BTW, you do have that toddler mod that allows genius babies to feed themselves, and all others to eat out of the pet bowl, right? Because without it I don't see how any of the Scumthorpe offspring manage not to starve to death, given the general inattention and neglect (if not downright abuse) in the Scumthorpe household.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:24 PM

OH FUCK ME THAT GUY NEEDS A WAX STAT

Scumthorpe Files contributions
You'd think by now that I would've learnt,
Not to play with fire if I don't want to get burnt.
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:24 PM
Quote:
BTW, you do have that toddler mod that allows genius babies to feed themselves, and all others to eat out of the pet bowl, right? Because without it I don't see how any of the Scumthorpe offspring manage not to starve to death, given the general inattention and neglect (if not downright abuse) in the Scumthorpe household.

I do. And that's why they have a pet bowl. It's not because they've bought a hellhound, they haven't. It's how they feed their toddlers.

(Crypto has the Genius trait and can find bottles himself, though. And Rick, for all his idiocy, is actually reasonably good at caring for his little green rectal son)
Field Researcher
#74 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:33 PM
Quote:
I do. And that's why they have a pet bowl. It's not because they've bought a hellhound, they haven't. It's how they feed their toddlers.

That figures. I should have known, LOL!

As for Rick, I often suspect that were it not for his horrible horrible family, he might have turned out to be a halfway decent human being. As it is, he's really not as bad as one might have expected, all things considered.
Instructor
Original Poster
#75 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:37 PM
Well, I said I'd bring you into the second member so far of the Killjoy family. Here she is:

Carmella Scumthorpe-Killjoy.

Wait, Scumthorpe?!

Yup, this was my little tribute and tip of the hat to what started this legacy. I leave it up to you folks to figure out her relations to the other Scumthorpes MeghamSmith came up with.

She's just about as bad as they are, Evil(duh), Proper, artistic a sculptor and a snob. Actually she suprised me as a sculptor. Usually the first thing carved is a chair, a table or a toilet. When she carved her first item we got this:

She's also in the time she's been with August written three books(only the first was a flop) painted six pictures and turned out two sculptures. It's only been a week and a half since she came here! Something tells me there is a competition going on here as to who is the true bread-winner in this old fashioned home.

Actually since they came through the door to their first joint home there has been an odd relationship between the two. They were made for each other, literially true but they also seem to be quite happy with each other.

OR ARE THEY?

Next up, life in the Killjoy honeymoon house.
Page 3 of 343