Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Universal Baby Gate: Contain your toddlers

by Honeywell Posted 6th Mar 2013 at 5:23 PM - Updated 8th Sep 2022 at 10:23 PM by Honeywell : Added caution note & new file.

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 5:32 PM
Very nice!

One quick question: Does the gate also "block" toddlers from "sensing" things on the other side, or will they still get "stuck" trying to interact with objects (or Sims) not in the same room?
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lil-Z
Very nice!

One quick question: Does the gate also "block" toddlers from "sensing" things on the other side, or will they still get "stuck" trying to interact with objects (or Sims) not in the same room?

I didn't have any problems with that -- they didn't try and access anything on their own during my tests -- but I'm honestly not sure. When I directed them to interact with something behind the gate they crawled to the gate and just stopped and sat there.

Hope that helps and I'm glad you like it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 6:23 PM
I downloaded this when you uploaded it on tumblr but I just wanted to say thanks over here too.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 9:18 PM
Honeywell, you are awesome! Thanks so much!!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 9:54 PM
Love it, Honeywell, and it looks so real too
Needs Coffee
#7 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 10:18 PM
I downloaded this off your site some days ago but never said thanks, so I'm thanking you here.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 11:21 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the gate that's been on Honeywell's tumblr for a while now is a different gate. That gate has it's own arch, this gate can be used with any arch you have in your game/downloads.
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 5:44 AM
MLC is right, this gate is different than the one I uploaded at tumblr. After I converted that gate, I liked it so much I wanted different arches for it and came up with this.

If I'm at all honest, I have to say the one on tumblr is really the better of the two just because it's easy to place and has a functioning diagonal but I like and use this version more just because it matches the rest of the door ways in the house. Either or, thanks for the nice messages here and on tumblr -- it always makes my day to read them. :lovestruc
Theorist
#10 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 6:44 AM
I have the one from tumblr it's brilliant, but I would still like to say thank you Honeywell. :lovestruc

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 6:04 PM
This is amazing, I love it so much, thank you!
Née whiterider
#12 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 6:45 PM
Ooh, this is very cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 7:41 PM
This is great! But I am curious, will it work to contain pets as well?
Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sunnydelight18
This is great! But I am curious, will it work to contain pets as well?
No, not on its own but all of the lock options that you have for doors normally are available so you can lock the gate so pets can't use it.

And thanks again for the comments guys, I'm glad you like the gates.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 9:05 PM
One "thanks" is not enough for this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 11:39 PM
Wow I've been looking for something like this! Ever since I played the PS2 versions of TS2 Pets (Before I had a PC!), that port of the game had a baby gate contraption to keep animals out of certain rooms and I was surprised they hadn't added such a thing for TS2 for the computer. Usually these things aren't very great mesh-wise but this is just great. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 6:29 AM
This Is Genius!! I Bow To You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 6:55 AM
This is great, Downloading now. Thank you very much.

As a side note, where are the gorgeous plants from?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Mar 2013 at 3:14 PM
Beautiful.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#20 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 1:20 PM
I love this! All of your creations are wonderful, you are by far one of the best creators on MTS
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Schnoekmie
This is great, Downloading now. Thank you very much.

As a side note, where are the gorgeous plants from?
You're welcome. The plants are the holy hosta combined with flowers from my patio set. Both are here at MTS:

Patio and Garden Set]Patio and Garden Set
Verdant Velvet - Garden Greens

Quote: Originally posted by BeckyBoo8
I love this! All of your creations are wonderful, you are by far one of the best creators on MTS
I'm always thrilled when people like what I share (I spend a ton of time on this stuff and that's what makes it worth it) but I happily use the work of other truly talented (and sometimes professional!) creators to get the best results that I can. I appreciate the sentiment, I really do, but if not for the work of others my projects wouldn't be worth sharing at all -- my meshes are downright scary in fact.

Thanks again everyone.
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 11:51 PM
Is this available for TS3? If not, would you care if I converted it?

Thanks!
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 6:09 PM Last edited by Honeywell : 11th Mar 2013 at 7:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by chicagonative
Is this available for TS3? If not, would you care if I converted it?

Thanks!
It's based on the baby gate from Aurora Skies but if you wanted to make a version that's only the gate for Sims 3 you (or anyone else) is welcome to.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th Mar 2013 at 9:45 AM
Thanks )
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 2:08 AM
Honeywell, wow.. I have glanced at your stuff before with the intention of looking over it more carefully when I was finally able to start playing in my game again...and now that I finally have, I am in awe. You do wonderful work. Thank you so very much for sharing with us. :D
Page 1 of 3