Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#26 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 1:53 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 8th Aug 2013 at 2:38 AM.
Sorry, I haven't got round to separating the winter theme package yet, and I don't recall where I was with the full package (I was still adding and testing stuff when I moved on to something else). I move in a few days so it will probably sometime at the start of August before I get round to it.
Here's one of the tactical maps though. It's the one that Sweet Delilah linked to above.
I called it elf, it's not, nor is it meant to be (it's just the theme I was making at the time, so the name was for keeping track of it in my folder, I should probably have changed it before I uploaded it).
It's the in-game territories map. I have no idea why they didn't actually use this on the tactical map table, it's much nicer looking than what they went with.

Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfTacticalMap.rar (425.6 KB, 1064 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiipd
Winter (because of snow) tends to be my favorite time of year.
I would totally winterize my kingdom.

Keep up the good work as always.

Meanwhile I always find it interesting that the Sims Medieval forum is always in competition for third place ranked by viewers in the Sims Discussion forums, only defintiely beaten by the main Sims 3 and Sims 2 threads. While the fan base isn't as big, it does seem to be loyal, even among us lurkers.

I agree, and I think our loyalty demands an other EP. :D
Field Researcher
#28 Old 21st Jul 2013 at 4:58 PM
With horses D:<
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 8th Aug 2013 at 2:29 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 14th Aug 2013 at 2:41 AM.
Sorry for the delay, things are still a bit hectic here.

Here's the snowy ground. It includes the file for the icy look to the water.

I'm also uploading the LODs that will help with certain areas switching back to default grass at certain zooms and angles. The pit up to the ruined statue is the worst area for this because it can happen really close up.
The LOD files are quite large, around 21 MB in total, so if you can stand using the snow without them, then I would, since I think it may help eat in to the restricted memory for the game.

Personally, I'd install the ground files alone, check out what the reverting looks like and then decide if you want to put the LODs in as well.
(I play with them installed.)

Because of their size, I've had to divide the 4 LOD packages in to 3 separate rars. If you're going to use them, then download and install all of them.

Just to clarify, you don't need the LODs, the snowy ground will work without them, they're just for consistency in ground color.

Judging by the download count there seems to be some confusion over which package to download
The ground file is the one you want for the snow and the icy water to show instead of the default grass.
The LOD files are for keeping consistency in the color in certain places at certain zoom levels, otherwise it will flick to grass (eg the wizards bit will change to grass when viewed from the churches etc)
You don't need the LOD files to use the snowy ground, but if you want them you have to download the snowy ground and all 3 of the LOD files.
If you don't want them just download the ground file for the snow and the ice.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ThemeWinteryGround.rar (6.70 MB, 985 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ThemeWinteryLODPack1.rar (5.10 MB, 763 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ThemeWinteryLODPack2.rar (5.59 MB, 743 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ThemeWinteryLODPack3&4.rar (6.73 MB, 750 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Sep 2013 at 9:33 AM
Beautiful keep going like that.

Test Subject
#31 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 10:06 PM
Wow, I must say, this is AMAZING!! Keep it up :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 8:44 AM
Rocks faces.

There's 2 files in the RAR, install them both.

How it looks with all other texture mods removed

Close up
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Forsaken_ElfNRocksD1+D2.rar (1.12 MB, 339 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#33 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Rocks faces.

There's 2 files in the RAR, install them both.

How it looks with all other texture mods removed

Close up

Thank you, Chickie! I can't wait to see what other beautiful things you will create.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 2nd Oct 2013 at 7:43 PM
I guess I'm rather slow at finding these suckers, Chickie, but I love them. The mods I mean. I am slow finding them, but when I do, I get all giddy and gooey inside. LOL Thanks Chickiebabes, ya know I was just moaning to myself 2 nights ago, on how I wish there was a different tactical map, since the table which bears it reflects the colors I change it to be so darkly. The proposed white color which is never a real white, but an off colored white closer to a disgusting slightly pink, or beige, just comes off all wrong. I hope your cute elf tactical map, will help the situation.

I sent you two PM's last month I believe my dear, but have not received a reply from either. Did you not get them? Stay well sweets, without Ye, our sims experiences may die E....so what? It had to rhyme...or my name ain't Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Test Subject
#35 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 10:15 AM
What I say before ! Beautiful keep going like that.

Test Subject
#36 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 12:52 AM
ChickieTeeta: These are amazing - so much colour! Love it!
Test Subject
#37 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 9:32 PM
I gotta say, YOU are the reason I keep coming back to TSM. Thanks for keeping it new and fun!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 2:25 AM
I've been having a small issue with the cliff faces, only about half of my cliffs are recolored. Does your packages not cover all the cliff/rock sides yet, or is there a problem?
Instructor
#39 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 8:55 AM
Where is the texture for the purple-ish grey slate Pit of Judgement walls show in your first picture of the Pit? Both of the uploaded wall pit textures are only those wood looking ones
Scholar
Original Poster
#40 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 12:06 AM
Sorry they are both the same walls. The difference is that one has the white rocks round the outside and the other has the grey rocks.
I don't know if I still have the pit you're speaking of, but if I come across it, I'll upload it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tamha
I've been having a small issue with the cliff faces, only about half of my cliffs are recolored. Does your packages not cover all the cliff/rock sides yet, or is there a problem?

No the kingdom is made up of many different rock files. I re-colored just one set as a test. This definitely changes the rocks by the churches, and, I think, it also changes the rocks near the tavern, but I don't really remember.
Test Subject
#42 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 3:47 PM
Sorry for the delay, things are still a bit hectic here.

Here's the snowy ground. It includes the file for the icy look to the water.

I'm also uploading the LODs that will help with certain areas switching back to default grass at certain zooms and angles. The pit up to the ruined statue is the worst area for this because it can happen really close up.
The LOD files are quite large, around 21 MB in total, so if you can stand using the snow without them, then I would, since I think it may help eat in to the restricted memory for the game.

Personally, I'd install the ground files alone, check out what the reverting looks like and then decide if you want to put the LODs in as well.
(I play with them installed.)

Because of their size, I've had to divide the 4 LOD packages in to 3 separate rars. If you're going to use them, then download and install all of them.

Just to clarify, you don't need the LODs, the snowy ground will work without them, they're just for consistency in ground color.

Judging by the download count there seems to be some confusion over which package to download
The ground file is the one you want for the snow and the icy water to show instead of the default grass.
The LOD files are for keeping consistency in the color in certain places at certain zoom levels, otherwise it will flick to grass (eg the wizards bit will change to grass when viewed from the churches etc)
You don't need the LOD files to use the snowy ground, but if you want them you have to download the snowy ground and all 3 of the LOD files.
If you don't want them just download the ground file for the snow and the ice.

I've been trying to get that lovely snow/ice theme-thing, but it doesn't appear at all in my game.

I put it in my mods folder, but nothings happening, so i'm wondering if I did something wrong?
Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 6:57 PM
Which file/files did you download?
Do other mods work for you?
Test Subject
#44 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 12:55 AM
Which file/files did you download?
Do other mods work for you?

Yeah, the others did. But, I don't have a problem anymore, I downloaded those LOD file things and everything appeared as it should.

It's so lovely, you're such a great modder.
Test Subject
#45 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 2:46 PM
Wow, ChickieTeeta, these are simply wonderful Thank you very much. My personal favourite one is the snowy theme, it looks so beautiful. I even used it to make a Sims Christmas postcard to a friend of mine
Scholar
Original Poster
#46 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 1:44 PM
Default Peteran Wall
Found this lying around if anyone wants it. The download is for the main wall of the Peteran church.

This pic was taken before I'd altered the normal, the brick shaped bumps you can see dotted around aren't there now. This is the only pic I have that shows how it looks at night.

You can see the difference (concerning the bumps) in this pic

(Sorry I don't have any pics showing it with the original roof.)
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ChickieTeeta_PeteranWallWhite.zip (108.1 KB, 358 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#47 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 10:00 AM Last edited by Cho de Gier : 21st May 2016 at 7:11 AM.
What I say before ! Beautiful keep going like that. Now my Peteran church looks even beter!
White and gold are the colors of that church in my kingdoms anyway.

Field Researcher
#48 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 4:37 AM
Found this lying around if anyone wants it. The download is for the main wall of the Peteran church.

What the blankety blank took you so long to post this, Missy Chickie???? Lagger's days, and night's will be brightened do to the new look, I know.

I am a tad worried however for the whiteness in which you have made the church covering, as I continue to use the Elf Pavilion you made in white, and I'll easily inform you that the glare it produces is blinding! That is not to say it is because of your work, I am saying it is due to the careless work done by the developers of TSM, by not being more attentive to detailed aspects in graphics and more....as you know...the offset of buildings and furnishings within the game...TSM also has a huge OVER-lighting issue as well.

My graphics card is amazing in how it handles the problem of too zealous lamps of every make, but even then I must set near every lighting fixture to DIM.

Concerning the Elf Pavilion I try really hard to place long curtains, or hanging tapestries along the outside of it to try and shield the inside from the "sun", as it is so overpowering to my sensitive eyeballs. It usually comes out looking like sh.....T! As the flat curtains/tapestries will not connect right up to the walls of the structure, and they are a bit too wide or too short, a corner may also stick out on one side or the other. They do not meet....grrrr.

I usually end up tearing them down as I detest the look of sh....T.

I shall tease my Peteran Priest with this new look, and see what Lagger Beer has to say about it.

BTW, Dearie, I am glad to see you decor inside the Pavilion. I do, too. I wish it were re-colorable, though, as the green top you used matches no furnishing color at all. LOL
Yeah, I wanted my drapes to match the rooftop!

Here is a pic of my latest fountain which I made in the Elf Pavilion you re-did in white. Hope you do not mind my posting it here in your thread, but perhaps it will help in advertising your work?

I framed the outside with the small almost white bowl plants, and magic ball tall lamps, as the outside is almost as important as the inside...

Ain't it PURTY????

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Scholar
Original Poster
#49 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 8:11 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 15th Jun 2015 at 10:18 AM.
Yeah I mentioned the bloom on the pavilion at the time, in the pictures thread, posted a pic too trying to show it. It can be annoying, I know.
I tried just now to use the specular to reduce it, but it makes no difference. I think it might be in the ini files, which I altered for personal use to make the nights darker, so the light from the torches etc would look better. I'm sure bloom was mentioned in there.
You'll be glad to know that I haven't noticed the bloom problem on the Peteran Church.

I haven't found much use for those gems before, but they look ok round the statue and in the fountain pic you posted with them.

*Edit* I just tried the peteran texture on the pavilion since it's not as bright as the pavilion one, but it's just as bad for bloom.

Bloom

My current solution since the base is the worst affected

bloom on the furniture inside, I don't want to change the color of it so I'm living with it.

It is the Watcher's Pavilion though, so perhaps it's a heavenly glow =D .....which makes me wonder why neither of the churches are glowing :P
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cho de Gier
What I say before ! Beautiful keep going like that. Now my Peteran church looks even beter!
With and gold are the colors of that church in my kingdoms anyway.

I normally copy the interior of St Paul's Cathedral for my Jacoban Church (well, as far as I can...which isn't very far lol. St Paul's is beautiful inside). I've never had a go to color scheme for the interior of the Peteran Church. White and Gold sounds nice though.
And thank you, I'm really glad you like it. It made me smile to see your post. I often wonder who still plays TSM, it's great to see familiar names.
Page 2 of 3