Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 8:05 AM
Default Thing that have stayed consistent throughout TS series.
This is from sims 1 through sims 3.

Some key points..

- The censors

- The Goth families

- Create a family

- Teens can't live alone

- Woohoo (or playing in bed) which is also censored

- Careers (not professions)

- School (where you can't see your sims)

- Deaths

- Ability to throw parties

So, I suspect all of these will be in ts4. What else? Post anything, including objects.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 2:35 PM
No teens in TS1 - just sayin'.

You could add 'having babies'

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
#3 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 3:17 PM
The Plumbob!

I disagree with the Goth family's consistency, though. Some things are consistent (e.g. Bella's red dress, the Goth manor, Cassandra's quirkiness) but the Gunther and Cornelia in the Sims 3 look nothing like their Sims 1 counterparts. In Old Town, Gunther is a dean and Cornelia is a member of the horticultural society. In Sunset Valley, they look like they'd rather be on an MTV reality show. Taking the "Goth" name a bit too literally, IMO.

If we count in-laws, Bella's brother Michael looked Asian/Latino in the Sims 1 with tan skin and black hair. In the Sims 3 he's white with red hair. Apparently, it's not just your aspiration that you can choose when you grow up, but your race as well!
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 3:40 PM
The grim reaper, in all the sims games he has been there with his sythe. If he is not in sims 4 I will cry, he is my favourite NPC!

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 3:56 PM
oh, i bet the reaper will definitely be back. forgot there's no teens in ts1. but pizza delivery will be back also.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 4:09 PM
Supernatural elements and magic, they have been every game at some point so far.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

Nocturnal Dawn
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 6:06 PM
there's also the moodbar system.. although that's something that COULD be changed, i suspect, or replaced with something else.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 6:13 PM
The burglar. He/she looks the same in all the series.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 7:30 PM
Would have said hottubs, pool tables and pianos, but they decided to leave out all that stuff along with any other remotely fun objects in the basegame. Sims3 really was quite boring first, it didnt pick up untill the midnight expansion.
Instructor
#10 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 7:41 PM
the Social Worker.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 7:50 PM
Maid service!
Alchemist
#12 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 7:55 PM
Peeing on the floor.
Instructor
#13 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 9:03 PM
Sims. :P
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 9:43 PM
Actually, parties aren't a consistent thing. They weren't added to TS1 until House Party.

One thing that is consistent, though, to paraphrase Medieval, Sims are dumb.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 8:30 AM
to get back at the first post, woohoo wasnt introduced right away in sims1. was added later with a specific bed that allowed it (and sims commented on it afterwards, one time the woman cheered and the man cried afterwards!)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#16 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 8:53 AM
Continence problems.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#17 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 10:05 AM
vacations
pets
Spinning around to change- unless it's different in Sims 3?
Pulling any object you can think out of their butt or Mary Poppins pockets!
dating scene.
ghosts.
A call reminding you that your Sim hasn't talked to another Sim for awhile.
Burglar's
relationship scores.
Instructor
#18 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 11:21 AM
Llamas (they were in ts1, right?) and gnomes. The Sims has also always had a certain, somewhat grim, sense of humor, though that has declined a bit.

Field Researcher
#19 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 12:18 PM
the bugs
Forum Resident
#20 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 12:26 PM
the need for a lot of things to be fixed
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 12:47 PM
paying bills
every empty residential lot has the mailbox and trashcan duo
telescopes (and incidences of alien abduction)
skill points
Instructor
#22 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 12:54 PM
the suicidal fire dance.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 12:55 PM
the best dance ever put into the sims
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 10:15 AM
Police
Vampires
Careers (law enforcement and criminal)

Nocturnal Dawn
Forum Resident
#25 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 10:21 AM
Route fail tantrums
Page 1 of 2