Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 6:20 PM Last edited by Enjoji : 20th Aug 2013 at 6:21 PM. Reason: Manual spellcheck - doh!
Quote: Originally posted by gege_sml
The trailer seems to have a lot of Easter Eggs.. you can see the Social Bunny, Bella Goth's name written somewhere

I also saw the 4 on the astronauts back-pack at the start - that's what clued me in to it possibly being the Sims 4 trailer at the beginning of the show, lol...

...Titanium white...
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gege_sml
The trailer seems to have a lot of Easter Eggs.. you can see the Social Bunny, Bella Goth's name written somewhere

And a llama!
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 6:33 PM
I Want To Cry Seeing The Punching Bag, Voodoo Dolls And Violin! In Base Game!
Cryyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
Alchemist
#29 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 6:36 PM
Does the dog in the trailer mean something?

I'm hoping it does.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
how frustrating. any gameplay aspect can make your sim 'furious' and then 'angry' and you have to deal with them however their mood is.

More wasting time than anything else. How is that fun?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Does the dog in the trailer mean something?

I'm hoping it does.

there's also a farm and rain if you look closer and the theories begin
Instructor
#32 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 6:44 PM
lewisb40, we both live in NYC, awesome! =)

If only everything in the "arrival" trailer was easter egged. I'd love to believe that pets and weather are going to come in the base game. But, I just don't have that much faith in EA to believe that. Especially not when they know we'll shell out more $ to buy those EP's.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Forum Resident
#33 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 6:57 PM
The gameplay video really reminded me of Sims 2, which can only be a good thing. Exciiiiited! :D
Mad Poster
#34 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:09 PM
I...I dunno. I'm still not impressed.
Theorist
#35 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I...I dunno. I'm still not impressed.

I sense a hint of doubt. HURRY, EA! CHARGE!!!!

lol jk
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:16 PM
The game-play video looks like a reality show - and I don't like reality shows.

TS4 Sims might look, to a lot of us, like an improved version of TS2, but this is based on their cartoon design than anything else. Not impressed with their voices either, plus certain emotions reflected on their faces remind me a lot those we already have in TS3.

I reserve final judgment.
Alchemist
#37 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:22 PM
Positives:

1. I honestly don't mind the look of the Sims - even their hair. I really think we'll all get used to it and I actually think realistic hair would look out of place in this game. Would I prefer more realism overall in Sim appearance? Yes. But I really do think we'll find this art style isn't quite as bad as some of us think.

2. Building actually looks okay. We'll need to rethink how we design things initially but again - we'll get used to it - and I think this new way will actually make building a little more fun. Looks like you can still be very creative with it, looks like you can adjust the height of the walls (1:57 in the video) like some were suspecting which is a huge plus (I HATE CFE and would rather get the things CFE can do as tools in the game), and the ability to grab rooms and move them elsewhere or rotate them is kind of exciting to me. I'd say every single house I've ever built in TS2/TS3 I'd end up wishing parts of the house were in different places or faced different directions, and I'd be too lazy to tear it down and start over so I'd just live with it. Now I can grab it and move it? Yeah, no complaints there.

3. Animations seem kind of over-the-top even for a Sims game, but I guess it looks alright. It'd be nice if some Sims were less or more animated depending on their personalities because they all look very excitable in the game-play trailer. Are traits coming back in Sims 4?

I did like the victory jump in the air and hitting the feet together animation "Ollie" performed.

4. CAS looks very good, I think it'll be way easier to build Sims by clicking and dragging their features. At least these Sims don't all look like siblings the way the early Sims 3 Sims did, so it shows it's not all that hard to throw together a unique looking character. I love that you can choose their walking styles. Hopefully the walking styles aren't too limited...though they probably are.

Negatives:

1. Emotions are very troubling. If you're having a good time at a party and someone cracks out a sad violin tune and it moves you to tears, guess what? You don't leave the party feeling depressed. If music moves me to tears, especially when I'm in a good mood already, my mood only goes up in the end. That's a beautiful feeling. I think that's true for most humans. I thought that was so STUPID that the Sim had to leave the party because of a sad violin tune and if that sort of thing is present in the game - like you throw a party and guests go insane and leave depressed because someone played a violin - then I'll never play this game. That's just absurd.

Also don't want to be forced to deal with Sims who've gone crazy for stupid reasons because "emotions". I get the impression we're now going to have to chase emotional states instead of motives. That sucks. I will not deal with emotional states that don't make sense.

They also better have a large variety of emotions that Sims can feel. I don't want to be asking myself, "Why isn't my Sim feeling _____ right now?"

Yeah. Emotions really may break this game if they've botched it up and from the looks of someone who was previously in good spirits leaving a party depressed because a violin song made them weepy - they've botched it.

2. No interest whatsoever in backyard rocket ships. Fuck that.

Surprisingly I don't have much else to bitch about. Still unsold until I learn more.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:25 PM
I need to see actual gameplay and not....whatever that was.....Then I'll make my decision. But so far I'm now even more on the "No" side of the fence. Especially because of those graphics. I've tried ignoring how much I dislike the new look but it's just waaaay too distracting.

Maybe if we see more of build/buy mode (and find out exactly what's going on with CAST), see gameplay that shows the average sim family's daily life (including work/school, going into town, ect), and get some confirmation that children and other age groups are indeed in this game; then I may be able to overlook the.....aesthetics......
Mad Poster
#39 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:26 PM
the trailer didn't even say if we'd have open neighborhoods
Alchemist
#40 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:28 PM Last edited by Original_Sim : 20th Aug 2013 at 8:20 PM.
It would have been nice to see the UI and pie menus.

The emotions on the bottom left of the screen being spelled out next to the sim's face (e.g. "Depressed", "Bored") reminded me of moodlets. It felt redundant. If I'm already seeing the effects of depression and boredom in action, I'd rather not be told that my sim is feeling that way. I liked some of the things that were shown, but that part seemed dumbed down, IMO.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:34 PM
the trailer didn't even say if we'd have open neighborhoods

To be honest, I wouldn't mind all that much if those were taken away as long as I can still visit neighbors' houses. Maybe it was just me but, even with the millions of custom content I had, the loading screens in TS2 barely took a full a minute. So I wouldn't care if they went back to that. It would definitely make the game run smoother.

I liked some of the things that were shown, but that part seemed dumbed down, IMO.

That's the word I was looking for when I was trying to describe how I felt about this game. So far everything that's not CAS seems dumbed down
Mad Poster
#42 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
lewisb40, we both live in NYC, awesome! =)

No, I live in Chicago and the real short form of the elevated train is "the el" but when I used it before, it confused people here. Thought I would use "L" instead. Sorry.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#43 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:40 PM
It wold have been nice to see the UI and pie menus.

The emotions on the bottom left of the screen being spelled out next to the sim's face (e.g. "Depressed", "Bored") reminded me of moodlets. It felt redundant. If I'm already seeing the effects of depression and boredom in action, I'd rather not be told that my sim is feeling that way. I liked some of the things that were shown, but that part seemed dumbed down, IMO.

It reminds me of moodlets too. I'm not a big fan of those and was hoping they'd get rid of them in Sims 4.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Mad Poster
#44 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:42 PM
i was joking.. ts4 is obviously going to be open, lol
Mad Poster
#45 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:45 PM
i was joking.. ts4 is obviously going to be open, lol

You'd think that because not being open would have been a step backwards. But they've already gotten rid of CAST and people keep comparing it to TS2. Who's to say Open Neighborhoods wont get the boot next :P
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:48 PM
I'm loving the gameplay trailer. The Sims actually looks FUN again after the tepid tedium that was The Sims 3.
Forum Resident
#47 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:48 PM
Not having genetics was a step backwards, but it happened with TS3...also, I care more about CASt than open neighborhoods.
Instructor
#48 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Maybe it was just me but, even with the millions of custom content I had, the loading screens in TS2 barely took a full a minute.

Maybe because I've always had a decent computer my loading screens in TS2 are always a maximun of 5-15 seconds at most. Even my start-up time is no more than 30 seconds or so.

I certainly wouldn't mind if we get a closed neighbourhood if we end up getting open restaurants and businesses back.

Love does not consist of two people looking at each other, but of looking together in the right direction. - Antoine de Exupery
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:51 PM
The emotions on the bottom left of the screen being spelled out next to the sim's face (e.g. "Depressed", "Bored") reminded me of moodlets. It felt redundant. If I'm already seeing the effects of depression and boredom in action, I'd rather not be told that my sim is feeling that way.

You forget 12s these days. Not the sharpest knives in the drawer.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
Not having genetics was a step backwards, but it happened with TS3...also, I care more about CASt than open neighborhoods.

Yeah, lack of CASt is gonna be hell for builders. I've already have a friend, who does nothing but build, swear off of Sims 4 if there's no CASt
Page 2 of 5