Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 8:56 PM
They're charging 70.00 (US) for the pre-order and I can't even get any damn weather?

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catnipeverdeen
They're charging 70.00 (US) for the pre-order and I can't even get any damn weather?

I agree. They better put something amazing in this game for me to shell out $70 for a game whose graphics leave something to be desired.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 10:20 PM
Preordering is pretty stupid to begin with. Even for good games (not that I think Sims 4 is bad, I still think it's too early to judge, but still.)
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 10:20 PM
Or, at least somehow manage to get Seasons and Pets as early expansions in place of things like Generations, which, while a decent expansion, couldn't that have been base game?

NUMBER EIGHT.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 10:29 PM
I cannot WAIT for the Drama of EP1 and SP1, and whatever other shameful goodies EA will have in store for us...

"We never asked for this!"

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#56 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 10:32 PM
Like many others, disappointed but not surprised.

Whatever about pets, basic weather should be standard at this point. They can add in the fancier weather stuff in an EP if they want but some freaking rain at the very least really isn't asking much at this stage in the game. Add in the option to turn off the rain if it bothers people so everyone can change it to suit their own game. That's all I'm asking for, something basic that can be expanded on at a later time.

Think back to the start of TS1, and then TS2 and 3. What were new developments in TS1 became basics later on. Being able to throw parties for example. It's really not so absurd to think that certain things should become expected at some point.

Like many other people here I've been playing from the start of TS1 and I'm getting tired of the same old stuff just getting repackaged over and over. Who wants to wait another 3 years for weather after TS4 is released? Say what you want about good business strategy but if they keep pulling this sort of crap I really think this franchise will go under eventually, or at least it's not going to be the popular money-spinner it once was. There may be a certain section of The Sims player base who will buy anything thrown at them but they are not the majority.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I cannot WAIT for the Drama of EP1 and SP1, and whatever other shameful goodies EA will have in store for us...

"We never asked for this!"

EP1 will be a rehash of Showtime and it'll tie into SP1 which will be Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana ratchet/risque/demon teddy bear themed SP. I'll bet you a dollar.

Hunger Games Challenge
Mad Poster
#58 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 11:05 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 27th Aug 2013 at 11:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think if you did a poll you would find very few people who turn off weather. Seasons was one of the most popular Sims 2 expansion packs. Pets is another thing altogether, and I've often seen that mentioned as the least favoured Sim 2 EP.

I turn off weather (unless I actually need it for something). Snow drags down performance, rain/lightning only gets annoying after the 10th fire/electrocution from lightning, and the spontaneous combustion is really annoying. It also interferes with picture-taking if I'm doing story shots or the like. In TS3 I prefer it off, as it interferes too much with gardening (like plants hibernating throughout half the spring). I would have no problem with it being in a Seasons-type EP. However, gardening belongs in the base game, like in TS3 where it was implemented as a way to get food without having to buy it all the time.

I'd rather have an early EP with seasons and weather (with the option to turn weather off) than just having weather in the base game. But I'd like all of what TS2 and TS3 gave us, in addition to skiing, toboggans, and other winter sports, along with other better working seasonal activities. I liked the idea of the seasonal activities in TS3 (Halloween, Egg hunt, gift-giving), but most of them were too simple and not well enough thought through, and kinda boring (snowboarding was fun for about 10 minutes, for instance). For once they were finally on the right track, but missed on the goal (as usual). I do hope they implement outerwear from the start, though. It is nice with outerwear as a category even if there's not weather to go with it. They tend to include too few options, and including it from the start would hopefully enable lots of regular outsy-looking wear as outerwear.

Speaking of, I want clothes for all ages this time. Seriously. That includes more options for toddlers and actual clothing options for babies (and babies would be much more interesting if they were full sims, interactable and to a degree controllable, with different faces, a few hair options, and I could go on forever but I won't). It should not be in a generation EP, but in the base game. That's the least EA could do.

As for generation-type activities it should absolutely be a part of the base game. They could have a Free Time type of EP for adding more activities, for instance.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 11:07 PM
How are they allowed to even take pre orders when the game isn't even finished yet? o_O Or reviewed yet?
Mad Poster
#60 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 11:09 PM
We've never had pets and seasons in the base game before so I don't get why THIS is the big disappointment. I think Pets need to be optional expansions just like how it is now. Weather on the other hand, at least rain, would be nice to have in the base game
Field Researcher
#61 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 11:10 PM
It's definitely up for pre-order on Amazon (two different versions, I think) and Origin. IDK about anywhere else.

Hunger Games Challenge
Mad Poster
#62 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 11:11 PM
I thought that was weird, CrystalBits. I find it even weirder that people actually fall for it and pre-order before they even know what they're getting. It's not like there will be a shortage of games when it finally is ready, or what?

As for pets it's alright for me to have them as an EP. I do hope they've gotten the message that we want not just cats, dogs, caged animals, birds and horses (not counting non-interactables) - but also farm animals to supply with eggs, milk and all the rest. That would be a proper EP. Not everyone wants animals (they can get a bit annoying at times), so EP is fine.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
We've never had pets and seasons in the base game before so I don't get why THIS is the big disappointment. I think Pets need to be optional expansions just like how it is now. Weather on the other hand, at least rain, would be nice to have in the base game

I think, for me at least, it's because it HAS been an expansion twice. I would have been mor esurprised if they had put it in the base game than if they hadn't, but for me ... it's a basic thing that should be included in the fourth incarnation of the game. They should be moving past releasing it as an EP and focus on new things to breathe fresh life into the series. TS2 (and I like TS3 more than TS2, for the record) broke boundaries and barriers with things being fresh and new. To have a 3.0 of things? Blegh.

As for pre-orders: there are editions of the game with pre-order content, blah blah blah, and people will fall for it hook, line, sinker.

Hunger Games Challenge
Mad Poster
#64 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 11:22 PM
It's one thing to preorder when the game is finished and on its way to release - when we've got proper previews with actual finished stuff. That I can see (for the bonuses). But to preorder when we don't have anything more than vague descriptions and half finished pictures? That's hook, line and sinker for sure!
Alchemist
#65 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

Just because something was never in a base game doesn't mean it should never ever ever be in a base game. Why call it the Sims 4 if it's going to be deja vu all over again?

If it's going to have a number next to the name, it should live up to that name. And it can only do that by offering more than previous Sims games. It's not just competing with base games of one, two and three. It's competing with all of them, plus the expansion packs.

Players don't magically forget previous games.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 11:48 PM
Bullshit. But expected.

With The Sims 1, everything was new.

With The Sims 2, everything was new in the sense that even repeat EPs (Nightlife, Pets, Bon Voyage) were remastered in totally new graphics and gameplay.

With The Sims 3, we'd already seen the same EP once or twice. The thrill of wondering if/when we get pets, seasons, or businesses wasn't nearly as high. We were impatient, or let down (in terms of OFB).

Why would we want to go through the same predicament again?

Weather-wise, there should at least be temperature. Rain too, but that's wishful thinking. Animal-wise, they should take note from base game TS3 (fishes, insects) but throw in small pets (hamsters, small reptiles, frogs, rabbits, etc.) too.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#67 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catnipeverdeen

$80 on Amazon for me :S Yes to weather and screw pets they're annoying toddlers that never grow up. Anger at the price keeps me from pre-ordering.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JLonier
$80 on Amazon for me :S Yes to weather and screw pets they're annoying toddlers that never grow up. Anger at the price keeps me from pre-ordering.

To be fair, that is the premium edition which includes two special gifts. The Limited with only one gift is only $49.99.
Alchemist
#69 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
To be fair, that is the premium edition which includes two special gifts. The Limited with only one gift is only $49.99.

Would it hurt them to just include the tiki party set and other party items in the regular edition?
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
Would it hurt them to just include the tiki party set and other party items in the regular edition?

Yes! They would then only sell the regular edition! Of course it would hurt them. Less money.

You just don't get that EA is a business whose goal is to make money. They would get $30 less per game...a huge amount when you think of how many people will buy that premium edition. Look here at this forum! Most people are quoting that $80 because that is the one they prefer to buy.

Like most people, I think they are really rotten company. But to think they would limit their profit just to be nice? That is unrealistic.
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#71 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 12:40 AM

Okay, I appreciate that info only saw the $80 one when I looked, thank you. $70 is still too much for me, and not paying $50 atm for what they currently offer. I feel kinda burned from last time.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Alchemist
#72 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 12:44 AM
Yes! They would then only sell the regular edition! Of course it would hurt them. Less money.

That's their fault. If they create a game with content that is "regular" they shouldn't try to pass it off as premium. It would take a lot more for me to pay $30 more than the regular edition's price.

I get that their goal is to make money, but their product should be worth the price.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 1:02 AM
$30 for party stuff!? Isn't that the price they charge for EPs? What the hell do these party items do that's so special, they requite that sort of price tag? I guess that answers the "Sims 4 might technically be better than sims 3, but is sims 4 going to be even worse with the money milking?" question in this thread: yes. It is going to be worse.
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 1:26 AM
I agree. $30 for party stuff that you can get anyway if you look hard enough is far too much. BUT.....betcha that most people will pay it because they are "completists" or are afraid they will miss something really important.

I am still waiting to see what makes this game worth $50.
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 4:21 AM

Funny, how one pays for "gifts".
Page 3 of 11