Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 2:39 AM
Another patch and the new EP is not out yet? Ginormous blow to all the mods I use?

Hating on EA right now.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
And WTF is that demented looking loading screen of SN gone wild all about? I'm going to play a mini-game of kill the zombie and psycho fairy while waiting for the Future to load? And just how many snarling, evil fairies did you ever run into in SN, anyway, cause that's what she looks like to me?

Sigh... I don't have SN and I gotta look at this? Where's the instructions to turn that loading screen off already?

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#28 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 2:52 AM
I'm looking through those changes and I'm just like what the hell have they done? I expected major patches with the series coming to an end, but Jesus take the entire car.

What have they DONE.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 3:16 AM
ummm... not a whole lot, apparently... :/
Field Researcher
#30 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dramamine
ummm... not a whole lot, apparently... :/

IDK, 950 different XMLs seems like a whole lot to me. Even if they're minor, stupid changes that nobody really cares about and the details may not even be noticed.... nearly 1000 things altered in some way? Y i k e s.

Hunger Games Challenge
Alchemist
#31 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 3:44 AM
To be honest, I can really understand why they'd need to update that many resources. And frankly, most of the changes are ITUN files, not XMLs, which are all about interactions. The EP includes a new life state with their own dependent trait, which is why I'm sure they need to consider to update all the interaction files (more less like how Pets needs to add a lot of interactions for the new 3 species). Maybe like Evil Plumbots are likely to do mischief is handled in the ITUN, because if they don't behave properly evil, I'd be pissed as well.

Unless, of course, I'm wrong, because I haven't had the patch yet.

Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
Another patch and the new EP is not out yet? Ginormous blow to all the mods I use?

Hating on EA right now.

But isn't it always like that?

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#32 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
To be honest, I can really understand why they'd need to update that many resources. And frankly, most of the changes are ITUN files, not XMLs, which are all about interactions. The EP includes a new life state with their own dependent trait, which is why I'm sure they need to consider to update all the interaction files (more less like how Pets needs to add a lot of interactions for the new 3 species).

You're pretty much spot on, Having patched to 1.63, it does appear many of the affected xml/itun changes are IFC related. I even went as far as to test the game without removing any of my current Nraas and tuning mods, the game loaded without a hitch and so far no errors or issues either.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 4:48 AM Last edited by matrix54 : 18th Oct 2013 at 5:01 AM.
Whaddayaknow - we got some goodies after all.

Lot types:

Base Camp (Future Only - might be a leftover)
Bot Emporium
Community Living Center (Future Only)
Cafeteria
Gallery Shop
Recreation Park - finally...
Wasteland
Future Bar - Because we needed another bar type
Servo Bot Arena
Derelict Future Beach

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#34 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 5:30 AM
I'm really disappointed that this is the last EP. I love this game and wanted it to end on a high note. This is the first EP that's really not interesting me. The new kiss is cool, plus a few other objects but that's pretty much it.

I won't be getting this on release date, but one day when it's on sale.

The only good thing about this EP is that it's the last. No more updating mods after this except to improve them ^_^
Alchemist
#35 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Whaddayaknow - we got some goodies after all.

Lot types:

Base Camp (Future Only - might be a leftover)
Bot Emporium
Community Living Center (Future Only)
Cafeteria
Gallery Shop
Recreation Park - finally...
Wasteland
Future Bar - Because we needed another bar type
Servo Bot Arena
Derelict Future Beach

Are those the actual lot types or references in the game files? Also, Servo Bot Arena?

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
#36 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 6:34 AM
LOL at the interactive loading screens:
"Find the Singer"... find the singer? Find the fucking singer?.......... Speechless.
Alchemist
#37 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 7:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alverdine
"Find the Singer"... find the singer? Find the fucking singer?.......... Speechless.

Wait... that looks so staged! You can't place props in that angle on a stage! And what's that platform in the middle of the stage? And the searchlight?

Geez. And I thought the images would be official screenshots. If they decided to add made-up images, why don't they just hide a freezer bunny and actually ask us to find it?

Just call me Nikel
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#38 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 9:20 AM
Personally, I think a Whack-A-Gnome game would have been better.
Inventor
#39 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 9:23 AM Last edited by crinrict : 18th Oct 2013 at 10:53 AM.
Not sure if this is an issue for core mods (and yes, I did already post at Twallans but I thought I post here too).

Seems there is a minor labeling difference between the incremental and the super patch. According to SimGuruRusskii it's just that though, a labeling difference.

Superpatch will put you at 1.63.5 and incremental at 1.63.4

EDIT: Since the build version seems to be the same, I was told by nonamena that it's not an issue. Very thankful for that.
Instructor
#40 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 1:18 PM
Question: If I don't intend to ever add the Into the Future EP to my game, do I need to install this patch? I'm patched up to 1.57 and very happy with my game performance. Really don't want to screw it up.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pureheart
Question: If I don't intend to ever add the Into the Future EP to my game, do I need to install this patch? I'm patched up to 1.57 and very happy with my game performance. Really don't want to screw it up.

Probably not this patch, but there will more than likely be other ones down the line you'll want/need to install since there is no way this is the final one.

Hunger Games Challenge
Mad Poster
#42 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 1:25 PM
that interactive loading screen thing is kind of making me want to update. must refuse temptation, lol.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Improved stability and performance for Mac version.

*crys* THERE IS A GOD

why did i pick this username
Field Researcher
#44 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 2:09 PM

I can't find it, WHERE IS THE FUCKING SINGER?? Hurr durr

They could have at least tried to make it a bit of a challenge...

Anyway I only patched up to 1.57 yesterday so I'm in no rush to patch up again, there's nothing tempting in that patch at all!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#45 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
According to SimGuruRusskii it's just that though, a labeling difference.
There are differences in the end-result though, although insignificant and not relevant to gameplay. At least, I don't think so. They differ by 2 image files. I finished all my testing, so you guys can see for yourself in the Incr vs Super section - Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Note_1.63wiki.

And for simplicity sake, I'm only publishing the link to the 1.63.5 Superpatcher in the wiki (both Win & OSX). Let's hope that is sufficient to keep the Help issues to a minimum, FWIW.
Inventor
#46 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
There are differences in the end-result though, although insignificant and not relevant to gameplay. At least, I don't think so. They differ by 2 image files. I finished all my testing, so you guys can see for yourself in the Incr vs Super section - Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Note_1.63wiki.

And for simplicity sake, I'm only publishing the link to the 1.63.5 Superpatcher in the wiki (both Win & OSX). Let's hope that is sufficient to keep the Help issues to a minimum, FWIW.

But you're saying 641 files were updated between the two ? Just for those two images ?

Also did you find out why the region 1 incremental is so big ? Is it the super patch in a form ?

EDIT: I think I'll keep posting about it to a minimum. Did try getting some more info from Russkii and AnswerHQ Staff.
Scholar
#47 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 4:26 PM
also it adds a new file in the downloads folder......FSIViewCountTracking
Field Researcher
#48 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 4:53 PM

That's remind me when you play a little game when a whole flash movie/game is loading.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catnipeverdeen
IDK, 950 different XMLs seems like a whole lot to me. Even if they're minor, stupid changes that nobody really cares about and the details may not even be noticed.... nearly 1000 things altered in some way? Y i k e s.

950 XMLs are not a problem as long as all known glitches are fixed for good.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#50 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by robingravel
950 XMLs are not a problem as long as all known glitches are fixed for good.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Page 2 of 7