Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stranda

by Volvenom Posted 8th Jan 2014 at 4:38 PM - Updated 4th Jun 2015 at 9:00 PM by Volvenom

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 4:23 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 5th Dec 2013 at 10:12 AM.
Default Community Lots
Fishmarket with Elixirshop

The smell of fish sits in the walls even though the fish sellers left a long time ago. It's been updated with a BBQ, bar and a steel kitchen, tables w/chairs, toilets w/shower and a garage. The Elixirshop is tucked in a corner. The owner don't understand the art of prioritizing so he stuffed it full with all the things he didn't have any competition on. The style is industrial steel and painted surfaces with the slight touch of brick.

Equestrian Center and Riding School

This is the ultimate place for horses and jockeys with ambitions. Includes both novise and master classes, both for hirdles and speed training. If you're one of those with 4 horses you might just as well buy the place. More fascilities are bathrooms, a small kitchen and beds. The Equestrian Rabbithole is just across the street.

The model is a previous Sim of mine, not included in the populated file
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 4:41 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 5th Jan 2014 at 10:22 PM.
Default Community Lots
The Theater

This is the Islands biggest venue with any class. The architect had a grudge against modernism, so he went for wood and art nouveau. It has a bistro with a chef, bar, lounge, ballet room, gym with ballet barre, wardrobes, toilets and spare rooms for your favourite hobbies. Orchestral grave and an apartment for the owner or star is also available.

The waiter is Svein Lie, he's available in the populated version.

The Chocolate

This is a live show venue in a modern funky, with goth comfy chairs and a bar. The diningroom is in red, orange, blue and purple with plastic and colored blue animal skin curtains. Bistro serves your favourite meal if you remember to hire a chef and pick the menu. Click on the stove. At the front is a tropical paradise with a pool, and a piano at the top. It's also a very nice place to get some skills on instruments.

dodgy builder
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 4:56 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 5th Dec 2013 at 10:19 AM.
Default Community Lots
The Waterpark

This place has a waterfall and several pools. The inside decoration is in modern white with bricks and flashy red. Several nice balconies and secluded corners to host your party. It has a bar by the waterfall and another one lower down by the pool and deckchairs. The outdoor BBQ area if you find that enjoyable, or perhaps you rather like the sauna from Serenity Retreat or Sunlit Tides. Another possibility of cause is the pond at the bottom with som very fun waterslides if you dream of your childhood, or need to let off some steam.

Dirty Town Cafe

Tired of all the fancy venues? You just want a cup of coffee and a chair, perhaps with some music? Try this green lounge by the beach. Just beside it is the always present asian diner with a sushi oven.

Model here is Kåre Flood, he's the father of 5 kids. He's included in the resident population in the pop version.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 5:12 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 5th Jan 2014 at 10:16 PM.
Default Residential
Helleren

Perhaps not the poorest place on this island, unless you're dependent on earning your living on your lot. Get yourself a job in the city and expect an hour travel time back and forth, don't be late! Snakes, rodents and mosquitos doesn't leave this place much to live on. The house isn't much to brag about either, or perhaps you don't care, it's not like they will ever come to check you out. I have squashed 4 beds and a crib in here. Perhaps you like bunkbeds instead, then you can at least have a chair to rest your aicking back.

The Cliffhouse

High up on the mountain with a view everywhere ... almost. Buy yourself a long range binoculars and entertain yourself with the life in town from the roof terrace. I would rather sit on the big sea view balcony and relax though. I sure would never be able to afford those gorgeous deckchairs.

The model tending the vegetables in the greenhouse is Catharina Rams. She's an influential woman in the residential population in the pop version.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 11:12 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 8th Jan 2014 at 2:23 PM.
Default Residential Lots
Minimal Square

If you prefer the simple life, but still with comfy living and a swim morning, dinner and evenings, this house is for you. If you would rather have strong colors and extravagant luxuries on the other hand, this is not for you.

Anker Farm

This is the ultimate farm with chickens, cows, a horse, vegetables and room for a nectary in the basement. If you don't like putting your old parents in a home, just put them in the attic along with unmarried brothers and adult kids. It has 7 bedrooms in the main house and more rooms in the barn above the double garage. Just in case you find the need for a Butler, or perhaps more farm workers.

I have left you room for the chicken coop and cow shed on this lot. On the Digre Estate I left a small patch on the right side of the lot behind some trees as well, that is if you like to install them.

Model in the vegetable garden is Rebekka Anker, she will be in the populated version as the mother, married to farm owner Vegard.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 11:40 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 5th Dec 2013 at 11:07 AM.
Default Residential Lots
Cheap Mistake Rooms

Life didn't really treat you that well, or perhaps someone attached the photos of minimal square on The "Fattig Stakkar Hospits"? Don't worry, I'm sure you will find something else very soon.

Everything looks good behind trees.

The Priori

Someone's a bit overly exited about medieval monasteries and this is the result. He didn't want to make a copy of anything old, so a fusion was born. If you have lots of kids and like them to have one room each, this is for you. Simple modern lines and layout with a hole suite for the old parents on the top floor. If you still like having fun despite the kids, take a look at the scenery, mix yourself a drink, take a swim or just hide in the dressing room.

Model by the bar is Kåre Flood way to early for a drink. He's the father of the Flood family in the populated version, and take a close look on his wife before you decide to play this family, hint, hint The maid is Dimitri, he's also in the populated version.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 12:02 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 8th Dec 2013 at 9:46 AM.
Default Population
Ane Tornedal is just a normal married woman living in a terrace house in the Canal Apartments, called the Fishingvillage among the locals. She is a cook and has a little daughter called Una. Her daughter really likes playing in the sandbox. Her husband is a firefighter.

Henrik Anker isn't married, would anyone really like such a mean character? He's military, but also likes to tend the plants on his brothers farm where they grew up together.

Alma Digre is a sensitive artist working as a stylist in town. If she likes listening to her silly customers though is a different matter. She's the daughter of old and conservative Sebastian Digre and his wife Isabelle. They live on the Digre generation estate and runs most of the local politics in constant arguements with the Rams who likes to run business. Below she's standing outside one of the starterhouses at Langøra.

Torstein Digre is one of the sons of influential Sebastian Digre. He didn't really want to marry the right girl his father suggested, but in the end he wasn't brave enough to stick to the one he loved.

Målfrid Hope tries to earn a living from mining at the mountain's mine. She has two adult kids and a little one. The father is nowhere to be seen. Perhaps she will find the stone everyone wants, or perhaps the Rams across the street will kick her out instead?

Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 5:31 PM
This is a truly amazing world. I think you've well and truly made a terrific creation. It certainly looks to have well been worth all the hard work and effort I know that you have put into it. I look forward to exploring it fully in the future.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
This is a truly amazing world. I think you've well and truly made a terrific creation. It certainly looks to have well been worth all the hard work and effort I know that you have put into it. I look forward to exploring it fully in the future.

Thank you Fergus, I'm so glad I'm finally finished! I will probably have to update some things in the future, but I know how to use an anygamestarter mod now :p
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 5:38 PM
So beautiful! Thanks for all your hard work. :)
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 8:47 PM
Wow amazing, so beautiful!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 11:16 PM
thank you both, I'm glad you like it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 1:03 PM
Well done! Downloading it now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 3:17 PM
Beautiful landscape and terrains.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 3:44 PM
Great Job! beautiful world..Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 5:43 PM
I just moved my sims family there.
Looks very nice, though a bit empty.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 8:26 PM
I'm a little confused...does this include all lot types and jobs from ALL EPs and SPs?

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 9:00 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 9th Jan 2014 at 9:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by bloodstained_black_lace
I'm a little confused...does this include all lot types and jobs from ALL EPs and SPs?

That would be a tall order I have 3 areas of focus and it being modern. I probably have left out a few supernatural stuff. I should have all the rabbitholes though.

150 lots are at the upper limit for a playable hood.

Uni and itf not included. Look above the downloadfile.

Edit: sorry, I may have grown a bit nerdy after working on this for 2 years. Rabbitholes equals jobs in most cases. Jobs arn't always there, but most are. Do you miss anything?

Quote: Originally posted by Miss Discordia
I just moved my sims family there.
Looks very nice, though a bit empty.

What do you miss?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 4:55 AM
Quote:
What do you miss?

Nothing what I can't do by myself. All the houses you've built are very nice, but there's a lot of empty lots to fill. It's an advantage, though, because I can place some non-modern houses there
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss Discordia
Nothing what I can't do by myself. All the houses you've built are very nice, but there's a lot of empty lots to fill. It's an advantage, though, because I can place some non-modern houses there

That was intentional just for you to build on
Field Researcher
#22 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 3:56 PM
First, the bad.

It still has a hint of "rectangular-ness" that I notice in a lot of third-party worlds that take an island format, but that's nearly impossible to fix once the island is almost finalised, so it's more of a constructive criticism if you decide to pursue another world. =)

I unfortunately just don't understand the requirement for a third-party skin -- why didn't you install the ESkin as your default skin and make the sims that way? Then people could install the Sims and have them take on whatever skin they have installed on their end.

And now, the good. It's fantastic and I love it!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 11:43 PM
I'm not sure I understand the square concern some people have. I decided I wanted the space and didn't want to use bridges to get anywhere except on the mountain. Nature isn't always round either, if I'm handed a square from caw I have to cut out a lot of land to get away from that fact.

The third party skin is probably a misunderstanding at some point. I haven't made Sims for upload before and thought I read the guidlines, but half way through my Sims I realized my mistake. The next time I will get that part right.

I'm glad you like it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 9:11 PM
I looooove it! :') <3
This is awesome and you deserve more downloads!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Jan 2014 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Titi022002
I looooove it! :') <3
This is awesome and you deserve more downloads!

Thank you Titi, if I made a tropical paradise I probably would
Page 1 of 4